Jump to content


LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Last updated 10 December 2012

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
2373 replies to this topic

#1776 General Magma

General Magma

    Posts: 1721
    Joined: 05-October 08
    Member: 4066
    Country: Mordor

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I really like those Old Republic troopers.
Gonna have to get lots of those along with Sith Troopers...

Edited by General Magma, 09 November 2012 - 06:14 PM.


#1777 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Two new shots of Ahsoka, including her back:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2ec34da3d3

Anyone who agrees that the head printing looks somehow misprinted?

#1778 DarthPotato

DarthPotato

    Posts: 582
    Joined: 05-August 12
    Member: 30062
    Country: USA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostBrickadeer, on 10 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Two new shots of Ahsoka, including her back:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2ec34da3d3

Anyone who agrees that the head printing looks somehow misprinted?
To me it looks like it's supposed to be like that, like she's smirking. And it's nice to see that she does have a double-sided head. This Ahsoka's so much better than the old one!

#1779 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostDarthPotato, on 10 November 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

To me it looks like it's supposed to be like that, like she's smirking. And it's nice to see that she does have a double-sided head. This Ahsoka's so much better than the old one!

Interesting, I hope you're right - and for better pictures.

#1780 Hawkman

Hawkman

    Posts: 932
    Joined: 09-May 12
    Member: 28502
    Country: United States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostNom Carver, on 08 November 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

Finally, an opportunity to get an A wing!!! do you think the purchase of lucasfilm could have an effect on the prices of SW sets?

Lego is locked into a deal on the SW license, till something like 2018, that was made before Disney bought SW from Lucas. I'm positive that deal is still binding with some kind of stipulation on profit margins for both Lucas and Lego.

Besides, I think the prices are high enough right now that if Disney made Lego go higher, they'd see a drop in sales. Especially when Lego makes their own comparable designs (City, MF, etc) that have a much better price per brick rate sold right across the aisle or in the same Lego store.
I used to be a Lego Maniac, then I took a 1x4 brick in the knee.

#1781 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4703
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

I'm hoping that is a bad test shot of the Ashoka fig in that auction. The face looks kinda cross eyed? Otherwise the figure looks much better than the old.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#1782 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4703
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostHawkman, on 10 November 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

Lego is locked into a deal on the SW license, till something like 2018, that was made before Disney bought SW from Lucas. I'm positive that deal is still binding with some kind of stipulation on profit margins for both Lucas and Lego.

Besides, I think the prices are high enough right now that if Disney made Lego go higher, they'd see a drop in sales. Especially when Lego makes their own comparable designs (City, MF, etc) that have a much better price per brick rate sold right across the aisle or in the same Lego store.

Besides Lego has a number of deal with Disney as well as Lucas (or one overall deal). As far as we can tell the prices for the Lego Disney licensed sets are within the same general ballpark to the consumer as the SW sets. So Disney is probably content with their Lego deals for now. If anything the licensing costs to Lego may go down slightly. Lucas was known for taking a high cut out of licensee's. Disney might not be as steep.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#1783 Cyberbricker

Cyberbricker

    Posts: 421
    Joined: 10-June 12
    Member: 29103
    Country: Belgium

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostBrickadeer, on 10 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Two new shots of Ahsoka, including her back:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item2ec34da3d3

Anyone who agrees that the head printing looks somehow misprinted?

The printing on that figure looks pretty cheap, its almost like its already starting to fade away. I hope the face is a serious misprint , otherwise I will have to put on  Ahsoka's  previous face.
The 501e Clone Trooper helmet looks... :wacko: I hope its just a early design.

#1784 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

  • Yellow Panel Expert


    Posts: 4638
    Joined: 18-July 11
    Member: 19128
    Country: USA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 10 November 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

Besides Lego has a number of deal with Disney as well as Lucas (or one overall deal). As far as we can tell the prices for the Lego Disney licensed sets are within the same general ballpark to the consumer as the SW sets. So Disney is probably content with their Lego deals for now. If anything the licensing costs to Lego may go down slightly. Lucas was known for taking a high cut out of licensee's. Disney might not be as steep.

I doubt prices would ever go down, but it would be possible they just wouldn't increase as quickly. If things are selling well at this price point, I doubt they would lower it when they are making the kind of money they are now.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#1785 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 935
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.

#1786 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostFuppylodders, on 10 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.

That's possible, and I would like that very much. The unreleased figures from other themes the guy offers, though, e.g. from TMNT, don't look like misprints.

#1787 Cyberbricker

Cyberbricker

    Posts: 421
    Joined: 10-June 12
    Member: 29103
    Country: Belgium

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostFuppylodders, on 10 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.

Let's hope. :distressed:

#1788 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

    Posts: 555
    Joined: 27-October 10
    Member: 13942

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

How is that a misprint? It definitely is a improvement form the first face, the first one looks real derpy.

#1789 Cloney

Cloney

    Posts: 121
    Joined: 09-October 09
    Member: 7747
    Country: Australia

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostBobskink, on 09 November 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Ah, it will sell anyway.
No offence, but most of the Lego Star Wars fans are happy with anything new.

The lego star wars fans that dont really like the sets just dont comment as much as thay dont really have anything to say, and thats why it seems that way. Eg: Me, the only set I'm sure I'll get is the Rancor Pit. :wink:
Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion -- which I would define as…unconditional love -- is essential to a Jedi's life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love. ----Anakin Skywalker----Ep.2
Can someone explain THIS?  <--------

#1790 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 935
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

View PostTheRedGuy, on 11 November 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

How is that a misprint? It definitely is a improvement form the first face, the first one looks real derpy.
Because the face is slanted/twisted down to one side and slightly squashed (ever so slightly). That's how.

#1791 TheRedGuy

TheRedGuy

    Posts: 555
    Joined: 27-October 10
    Member: 13942

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

View PostFuppylodders, on 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:


Because the face is slanted/twisted down to one side and slightly squashed (ever so slightly). That's how.
To me it seems that it's obvious that it was intended.

#1792 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

  • Bothan Spy #5


    Posts: 1122
    Joined: 28-December 10
    Member: 14963
    Country: Germany

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostTheRedGuy, on 12 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

To me it seems that it's obvious that it was intended.

I think it's more obvious now that we've seen the video. Anyway, as it seems, the 501st Trooper is in no way misprinted, but rather represents, so to say, the shape of things to come.

#1793 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 935
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostTheRedGuy, on 12 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

To me it seems that it's obvious that it was intended.
I guess not having been in the printing industry, it may seem that way... however, having been a printer, I tend to notice them easier... but as Brickadeer pointed out, the video clears it up as a misprint.

#1794 General Magma

General Magma

    Posts: 1721
    Joined: 05-October 08
    Member: 4066
    Country: Mordor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I still don't understand the need of having a video taking up 3 and a half minutes of your time to show a single LEGO figure...

#1795 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

  • Yellow Panel Expert


    Posts: 4638
    Joined: 18-July 11
    Member: 19128
    Country: USA

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

It's neat seeing a figure from every angle and whatnot, but those reviewers could certainly shorten their preview and probably mute themselves while they are at it.

I'm not into Clone Wars though, so I'm not too interested in that figure. But the character would be cool in a non-CW version (which I don't think will ever exist due to her not being in the PT).
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#1796 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 9134
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostChadmin, on 09 November 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Take a look at these two minifigures from set 75001 Republic Troopers and Sith Troopers Battle Pack:
That's not a Sith Trooper, it's a Super Trooper! :roflmao: Seriously though, the Republic trooper's head is obviously wrong, and I'm pretty sure the Sith trooper wont have a Superman head either. I mean, why would a minifig that usually has a fully closed helmet on need double-sided head printing? As others have pointed out, there have been mistakes on the other ebay minifigs too, so it's entirely possible.

View PostFuppylodders, on 10 November 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Its a misprint, no chance that is anything different of her face. Due to that clear misprint, im hoping the 501st helmet is a misprint too high. I personally believe these figs are preliminary incorrect attempts and meant to be disposed of which is probably how they have been obtained.
I have to agree with the others, this is obviously a new smirking face and it's much more accurate to her face from the show than her previous minifig incarnation. You might be right about that last part though, and I also hope that the mouth on the 501st will be printed lower in the final sets. Hopefully we'll get a review of him soon too so that we can better tell if it's a misprint or not, and to see if there are holes for accessories on the side of the helmet, although my hope for that being the case are dwindling with every new picture I see of them. :sceptic:

#1797 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

  • Screaming Ju 88


    Posts: 935
    Joined: 29-December 11
    Member: 23632
    Country: England

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostOky, on 13 November 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I have to agree with the others, this is obviously a new smirking face and it's much more accurate to her face from the show than her previous minifig incarnation. You might be right about that last part though, and I also hope that the mouth on the 501st will be printed lower in the final sets. Hopefully we'll get a review of him soon too so that we can better tell if it's a misprint or not, and to see if there are holes for accessories on the side of the helmet, although my hope for that being the case are dwindling with every new picture I see of them. :sceptic:
Im not sure if you saw the ebay pic... but the actual face print is tilted/twisted down to her left and slightly squished. The one in the video is clearly symmetrical. Misprint clearly apparant :wink:

#1798 Krulis

Krulis

    Posts: 404
    Joined: 18-July 12
    Member: 29761
    Country: Poland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

I hope that we will see other minifigs such as Rex, B-wing pilot and ep II clone soon.

#1799 hjmediastudios

hjmediastudios

  • Just loves lobsters


    Posts: 375
    Joined: 06-March 11
    Member: 16408
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Just noticed these on Flickr:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The 501st trooper may or may not be a printing error- the Republic trooper's "mouth" also looks high up. Let's hope it's the same deal with the clone.
Check out my new Steampunk/Dieselpunk hybrid Cuusoo project: Hyperborea!

#1800 DarthPotato

DarthPotato

    Posts: 582
    Joined: 05-August 12
    Member: 30062
    Country: USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Glad to see that the Republic Trooper probably has a different head. The head itself looks nice, too.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users