Modular Madness: Pizzeria

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image B-M-06B

I decided to try to recreate a traditional red and white pizzeria - and maybe give it a few odd details. :wink:  The top front wall is built using side-ways building, as well as the curved design on top, and both story roofs have flat tiles underneath for easy removal.  As an added benefit, the stories can be turned around (although yes they do look a bit odd that way :laugh: ).

Posted Image
Pizzeria by gid617, on Flickr

Unlike the official LEGO minimodulars, I decided to add interior details to be thorough (and discovered why the LEGO designers don't!) :tongue: . It's not easy to get detailing in on such a small scale.  On the right as you look at the picture is the elevator - it really has a blue stripe on the bottom and the top but that isn't visible from this angle.

Posted Image
Pizzeria First Floor Interior by gid617, on Flickr

In the front was have a fire hydrant (yellow dots on the right) plus some lights on the side of the building.  Sideways building for the area above the doorway, as well.

Posted Image
Pizzeria Front No Top by gid617, on Flickr

A bit of red on the side to enliven the white a little - plus an exit door, just for the fun of it. :laugh:  The other side is identical except for no exit door.  No windows because they would just be looking at the next shop's wall.  Better just to stick with artificial lighting!  The black pieces on the side are so that it can be attached to the other minimodulars.

Posted Image
Pizzeria Side by gid617, on Flickr

In the back of the top story we have a smaller window, plus some more interior detailing - just too hard to get a good angle.  :wink:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#2 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Neat little build. I really like the interior details. I considered doing something similar with my interior, but I don't know yet how it will play out.

Good luck in the contest!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#3 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostTheLegoDr, on 10 July 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Neat little build. I really like the interior details. I considered doing something similar with my interior, but I don't know yet how it will play out.

Good luck in the contest!
It's not easy. . .  :wink:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

AWESOME mini modular 'Kai NRG'.....excellent interior too ! :classic:
Good luck and Brick On ! :classic:

#5 legolegolegolego

legolegolegolego

Member: 16407

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

I like that it has an interior. Well done.

Edited by legolegolegolego, 10 August 2012 - 04:50 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image    Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users