Sign in to follow this  
stej123

MOC: WW2 tanks Panther and T-34

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm new here so I hope I make this thread in the right forum. I've build a few WW2 tanks that I would like to share with you. I have previously posted them on the Swedish Lego forum "Swebrick" and on Flickr.

T-34/85 in scale 1:27

7159382548_2b91535757.jpg

T-34/76 in scale 1:37,5 (somewhat minifig-scale)

7455814672_b9846924c7.jpg

Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther" (Ausf. G) in somewhat minifig-scale (the scale is a bit "floating" to make it work)

7537798298_140150aafa.jpg

Panther and T-34/76 together:

7537796988_d347a06b15.jpg

There are more pictures on my Flickr-page (that I can't link because of my non-excisting postcount)

I hope you like it!

stej123

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice! I think those are really good, the panther especially is superb any idea how long it took to make them each?

Nice! I think those are really good, the panther especially is superb any idea how long it took to make them each?

Thank you. I honestly have no idea how long it took to make them. The T-34/76 did not take that long to build, i few hours maybe. The T-34/85 and the Panther took much longer. The turrets on the Panther and the T-34/85 was what took the most time due to the fact that I had to rebuild them many times before I was satisfied.

The T-34 is nice, but I really like the Panther. The camo came out really well.

AWESOME tanks 'stej123', that T-34 looks like it was driven straight out of the factory into battle. :thumbup:

Excellent work on both tanks.....Brick On ! :classic:

AWESOME tanks 'stej123', that T-34 looks like it was driven straight out of the factory into battle. :thumbup:

Excellent work on both tanks.....Brick On ! :classic:

Funny you should say that as I'm actually working on a MOC where the T-34 really goes straight out in to battle from the Stalingrad Tractor Factory :D It's not finished yet though

Me gusta. Those are some very sweet tanks you have there; and both the Panther and T34 are amongst my personal favorites. And can the hatch of the Panther actually rotate? As for the constructive criticism, you might try to make the back of the Panther more connect to the rest of the hull. I can imagine it's a tough job as its back is in a different angle, but it would be a great improvement. It would be great to see more tanks of yours in the future. I am not a conformist; keep brickin'! :thumbup:

Edited by Hollander

Me gusta. Those are some very sweet tanks you have there; and both the Panther and T34 are amongst my personal favorites. And can the hatch of the Panther actually rotate? As for the constructive criticism, you might try to make the back of the Panther more connect to the rest of the hull. I can imagine it's a tough job as its back is in a different angle, but it would be a great improvement. It would be great to see more tanks of yours in the future. I am not a conformist; keep brickin'! :thumbup:

Thanks. The hatch can't rotate, so if I want a minifig up top I need to place the hatch on a different stud (I hope what I write is understandable, english is not my first language).

As for the back of the Panther, I agree with you and I'll probably try to make it look better.

I'm thinking of building a tank that can fight my T-34 in Stalingrad, any suggestions of what tank (or tank destroyer)that would fit well there? I'm think of maybe building a StuG III but I'm happy to take suggestions.

I have rebuilt the turret of the T-34/76. It now has two hatches so that I can fit two minifigs at the top of the turret.

7656454080_7b6393e6e4.jpg

7656452412_b3a4e0a2cd.jpg

The hatches opens seperatly so if I just want one minifig up top it works as well

7656453686_4c9bc129ee.jpg

stej123, on Flickr

Edited by stej123

Wow, three well-built tanks! For me, the big-scale T-34 is favourite. :thumbup:

Great MOCs! How long does it take for you to make each tank??? My favorite is the Panther.The design and camo are excellent!

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Great MOCs! How long does it take for you to make each tank??? My favorite is the Panther.The design and camo are excellent!

Thanks! I don't really know how long they each take to make but I know the T-34/85 and the Panther took the longest. The T-34/76 took a few hours maybe and the StuG a bit longer than that.