Mitgardian Commerce

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

For a while this will be the last part of Ondylion and why not use it for the commerce challenge :wink:

Mitgardian Commerce
Providing Historica with the best

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
All the mountains in Mitgardia provide a lot of treasures. So mining is done a lot. Also in Ondylion, the best crystals, diamonds and other precious stones are sold here. Ondylion has the best quality, and as the Nocturnus have a weekness for shiny things. Ofcourse they pay a visist to Ondylion.

Posted Image
Nothing tastes better than a tender Ondylion steak. So a lot of Avalonians come here to get some. And it's not just the steak, also the chicken is outstanding.

Posted Image
And well, people from Kaliphlin like to come here to cool off. And checking out the Mitgardian girls, but they will never admit that! :tongue:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Other inside views

Better photo's: Flickr

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#2 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nice!  This will be a hard one to beat in the Commerce challenge.

Lots of nice details The jewelers magnifying glass on the work bench is great and I was thinking of doing a butcher for my town of Circardia so some nice ideas I might have to borrow as well

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#3 Axis600

Axis600

Member: 28633

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 07 July 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

And well, people from Kaliphlin like to come here to cool off. And checking out the Mitgardian girls, but they will never admit that! :tongue:\
WHAT? We'd never do that!  :sing:

Ooh...she does have a pretty...dress... :tongue:
Mitgardia certainly has some impressive builders. I love the use of brown flowers on the...I think it's the jewelers place.
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#4 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Member: 4341

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Really great!  :thumbup: I love the functional interiors, and the minifigures are perfect. Colors are smooth and pleasant to look at and your recognizable style shines through.
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#5 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ecclesiastes strikes again! I also really like the way you used the brown flowers  :thumbup:
And the interiors are excellent, I especially like the butcher shop.
Glad to see another Mitgardian entry  :classic:

Make sure you post a link to this thread in the commerce challenge topic  :wink:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 July 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#6 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Excellent work as always, so much to see and so much for the minifigs to do. My favorite thing is the butcher shop, though I can't say why, I just love it! Also the last photo is really great, love the posing :laugh:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Posted ImagePosted ImageLearn how to make comics & animation: Brick Flicks & Comics Academy Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I really like the meat house! Nice touch with the Kaliphlinians checking out the Mitgardian girl! The sloped road is another element that makes this MOC stand out.:thumbup:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

• Needs eggs on his face

Member: 28013

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

That's a great MOC. I love the hill.
Posted Image Posted Image                Posted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Also see my Zombie comic:

#9 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

I love the interiors, the tension shelves in the butcher  :thumbup: , and I'm always biased towards hills! Really nice MOC all round.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#10 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

ah crud this will be hard to beet! very nice build, loving the details like the shelf and the red-brown flower bits on the corner of the building :wub:
now I know what all those kaliphites where doing last time I visited the fine land of mitgardia! :hmpf:

#11 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Member: 24623

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

For my personal taste you are showing too many studs in the interior. I don't get why you laid down tiles in one part of it but didn't do so in the other parts (butcher shop for example). Also the surrounding is a little undemanding. I think you throw this together in a rush. If this had been built by almost any other builder I would say it a cool MOC with nice ideas, but since it's you I think you normally do much better and stayed under your level here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way!
My MOC Page and My Flickr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#12 Jason Cicchini

Jason Cicchini

• Big Horn Historican

Member: 9064

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

I LOVE your detailing! The meat rack and shelving in the Butcher, and the "Magnifying Glass" in the Jeweler are classic and very "official" looking. They look like you just took them out of a Modular Building set and placed them here!
Also, loving the "flower brick" corners, and the chicken slaughter. hehehe
Certain aspects annoy me, though.
The "observation deck" in the right building w/ the Maiden looks like you just forgot to build an awesome window there.
Perhaps another gabled roof above a walkway with railing for her to await her Sailor Husband in?
Another thing, we never get to see the front doors! First impressions are crucial, especially when patronizing a business. Entrances are what attract customers, and I want to see that!
However, like everyone else has said, this is a great entry in the commerce challenge, and a hard one to beat!

Edited by Jason Cicchini, 08 July 2012 - 11:58 AM.

Lord Khelperth Darwyn of Avalonia
Master Cartographer, High King of the Elves

#13 TenorPenny

TenorPenny

• MicroPIRATE

Member: 5175

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

The appraisal tool with the articulated magnifying glass is just perfect..!

#14 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! :classic:

View Postmephistopheles, on 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

For my personal taste you are showing too many studs in the interior. I don't get why you laid down tiles in one part of it but didn't do so in the other parts (butcher shop for example). Also the surrounding is a little undemanding. I think you throw this together in a rush. If this had been built by almost any other builder I would say it a cool MOC with nice ideas, but since it's you I think you normally do much better and stayed under your level here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend you in any way!

Criticism is always welcome! But it is a little bit misplaced. Too many studs(I love studs!), well I don't see a reason to always use a tiled floor especially when minifigs have to stand there and with all the blood the butcher needs a stone floor. And the reason why the second floor has tiles, its because it holds the plates together! And yes I agree that does look good.
About the surrounding, it has to connect to the other parts so yes the presentation and so is much less as other parts of Ondylion.  

View PostJason Cicchini, on 08 July 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I LOVE your detailing! The meat rack and shelving in the Butcher, and the "Magnifying Glass" in the Jeweler are classic and very "official" looking. They look like you just took them out of a Modular Building set and placed them here!
Also, loving the "flower brick" corners, and the chicken slaughter. hehehe
Certain aspects annoy me, though.
The "observation deck" in the right building w/ the Maiden looks like you just forgot to build an awesome window there.
Perhaps another gabled roof above a walkway with railing for her to await her Sailor Husband in?
Another thing, we never get to see the front doors! First impressions are crucial, especially when patronizing a business. Entrances are what attract customers, and I want to see that!
However, like everyone else has said, this is a great entry in the commerce challenge, and a hard one to beat!

About the "observation deck" it's kind of a balcony meets upper courtyard :wink: And in future builds I will show the door! Because you're totally right. Just to get an idea. It's just a tiled plate with a jumperplate with a flower brick as doorknob.

Edited by Ecclesiastes, 08 July 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#15 Damaximus

Damaximus

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

How stereotypical! Not all Kaliphlins have a tulband on their head!! :laugh:

But I forgive you as I love this MOC!! It is stupid to describe every detail I find great, as this list would be endless :sweet:

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#16 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postmephistopheles, on 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

@Meph I have to agree with you. The lack of finished roof on the one building was also something I didn't expect to see from someone with a moc expert tag. I also agree on the rushed feeling that you mentioned.
@Ecclesiastes Your one of my favorite builder's. I love your moc's but this one is not your best in any way. Please, forgive me. I still love your moc's. This is for a contest entry so I can't play favorite's. I have to call it fair. I'm a fair guy.
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#17 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

You strike once again my dear Ecc!

Nice to see that you have slanted the road, giving it a more intresting look! Those corners with the reddish brown floers are a great touch!

An intresting discussion regarding studs or no studs. The lego building evolution surely goes to no studs visible but I like mocs that keeps the studs! In some cases tiles or snot are great but I prefer mocs that looks like Lego (which means studs showing)

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#18 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Very nice MOC.  I like the interguildism in your MOC.  I also like the mummies.  Good job!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#19 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Great commerce entry Ecclesiastes! I really like the slanted road and the interior details. I don't mind the studs showing so much, but in certain instances the uniformity of the exposed studs is somewhat at odds with the surrounding detail - a good example is the floor of the butcher's shop. It's a easy fix though with a few tiles for raised flagstones. I also agree with the previous comments about the balcony - some supporting beams just below the roofline seem in order. :thumbup:
Still, it feels churlish to nitpick considering the rate at which you produce great builds, and this one certainly has a lot of life in it! I really hope it joins up with some more mocs to create a city block, that would be something to see.  :thumbup:

Edited by gabe, 07 August 2012 - 04:53 AM.

Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users