Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

French sloop, Sophie

[pid][/pid] 140C

No time to add a description right now, so for now just pics.

7516983238_ee6bc56636_c.jpg

7516984434_44abbb27f0_c.jpg

7516986542_6c93f4c26f_c.jpg

7516982178_34154f9d9e_c.jpg

7516978062_592f04d15c_c.jpg

7516977138_a4ee98661e_c.jpg

thanks to perfectionist!

Looks great, I love the stern decorations, I'll probably steal those at some point. :pir-wub: The red colorscheme is really nice as well. :thumbup:

I am wondering though why you attached the winch thing in front to the sails? I think it's supposed to be a capstan, just a different version used on smaller ships, can't think of a more specific name right now though (I'll try to find a pic). it's called a windlass, here's a pic:

Discovery-windlass.jpg

Pic from here by 'Cindy Vallar'

Edited by Skipper

Nice! I like the parts around the cabin most, but I still think the rail is high... But I don't know, i don't know if i have seen a sloop looking like that, so i would be happy if you can say something about that and show us pictures on a real sloop like that. But it's a really nice ship :pir-classic:

At first I had thought that you commandeered one of Perfectionist's fleet! She looks like your own, though, and the mast looks especially fine. I also like the use of the hands on the bow. I just hope that you'll build her some nice head rails. :pir-classic:

It's a fine vessel indeed! I like the coloursheme and the details at the stern. And the rigging is awesome. :thumbup:

But I do notice there are a few bricks missing and such, it looks like she needs that little bit of fine tuning to make it perfect. :pir-wink:

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

Skipper&StyrbjornTo be honest I have no idea about half the stuff I put on it or weatther it's accurate or not, It was a quick projct (1 day start to finish, rigging and sails excluded ) so I pretty much added whatever looked good :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Legonardo

The smooth tiles for the decks give the ship a very realistic look. :thumbup: Excellent job!

Very nice, I must say it looks a bit short for its width (And I don't say that a lot, most ships I see are too narrow IMO :pir_laugh2: )

That doesn't mean I think you should make it longer though, perhaps, if possible, you could angle the walls a bit inwards (using hinge bricks), that would also solve the problme I think.

The mast, rigging and sails look great, I like the battle top, very nice :thumbup: