BrickBox

A Mercedes Actros Heavy Rescue

indexed.gif V-LF-15E

Hello everybody, I'd like to share with you a MOC I had sitting around almost finished for about 3 months now, and that I last week finally took the time for to finish and take some pictures. So here it is: a european heavy rescue fire truck, based on Mercedes Actros and with a back mounted integrated crane. You can find pictures of my inspiration here.

I think of all my builds so far, it is the most detailed, and I spent much more time designing it in LDD than using actual bricks to put it together. Especially for the driving cabin and the windshield I tried many different variations before I settled for one. I found this particularly difficult because I didn't want to use one of the generic Lego windshields (I somehow dislike them). I also used larger wheels than on my previous models, and I think they actually work quite well with this kind of large truck.

Please let me know what you think of it and if you have any criticism, suggestions or questions. Enjoy!

You can find my LDD file for the model in this thread later on.

7462976712_3a1b91052a_z.jpg

7468222250_d4f991b3f5_z.jpg

7462984346_7a5705f9ba_z.jpg

7462982528_176f085772_z.jpg

7462974554_234c2287a6_z.jpg

As you can see, there is more than one use case for the crane: Bertha had to be rescued from a pit again!

7462972568_b9a1d638b2_z.jpg

Great fusion of model team and city designing, I really like all the equipment plus the fact the truck is heavily brick-built. :thumbup:

Brick On Rescue On 'BrickBox' ! :classic:

Thanks Ecclesiastes and lightningtiger, I'm glad you like it.

Great fusion of model team and city designing

That's an interesting view, I haven't seen it from this perspective yet. Also, minifig equipment is my secret passion, as you can see from all my other mocs :laugh:

Great truck.Did you use the part below for making the third boom extend/retract?:sweet:

Not quite, actually it is this one:

4095.gif

But I guess the flexible hose could work as well, although it might bend when you put too much stress on it.