[MOC] Super Star Destroyer (virtual)

57 replies to this topic

#51 mortesv

mortesv

Member: 23416

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Wouldt it help If you reconstructed the hull plates with the hypotenuse at the center seem? I don't Think there are much gained doing it the other way round - except maybe messing up the angle of the City?
The secret to a happy life is finding the right balance...
          - between your Lego and discussing with Aeroeza!

#52 DFOL

DFOL

Member: 10119

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm really sad to hear that skayen! I may have asked something similar in a different topic, but isn't LDraw/MLCad a better equipped program for handling these kind of projects? I admit i don't have a lot of experience with LDD, but i do know that in LDraw you can work with submodels that you can arrange, rotate and edit at will.
Dutch Fan Of LEGO

#53 skayen

skayen

Member: 29483

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostDFOL, on 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

I'm really sad to hear that skayen! I may have asked something similar in a different topic, but isn't LDraw/MLCad a better equipped program for handling these kind of projects? I admit i don't have a lot of experience with LDD, but i do know that in LDraw you can work with submodels that you can arrange, rotate and edit at will.

Hi, yes, I was on leave of absence from my project.  I haven't given up on it, I was just getting sufficiently annoyed that I had to stop for awhile ;-)  I do have some non-lDD modelling s/w but never really got into them, but I think you're right that I should try them out to see if they're better at sorting out the kinds of problems I was having.  I'll also post some screenshots of the angle plate arrangements to illustrate why I chose to angle them the way I did, too.

cheers,
John

#54 GeOrc

GeOrc

Member: 32823

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi skayen,
thanks a lot for your inspirational built and the detailed search and comparisson work. Looks like your pretty beast will be one of the most authentic SSD constructions in the end. I´m a big fan of the ship and deal with the theme since many years. I followed a lot of discussions in the star ship modeller scene even if never starting constructing my own. However there a different Resin Kits out there, namely:

Scale Solutions
Korbant
Knightwire

The Scale Solutions Kit is very small and I don´t know if this one is the best reference. Many modellers say that the Knightwire SSD model is more authentic compared to the movie one. For example, see discussion here:

http://www.therpf.co...1-fibers-72919/

Also I would direct you to a 72 inch modell made by matt meyers:

http://mtmeyerstudio.com/?p=141

Matt builds a lot of stuff from scratch and very close to the movie references. I think this could help you perhaps in you scale and referece search.
Please continue sharing your awesome work!

Kind Regards
Georg

#55 ezri

ezri

Member: 35472

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hi, i'm trying now for some weeks every day with ldd to find some ideas an solutions to build my own SSD (the 10221 is not a real option for me). i'm really impressed how detailed the plans are and how close the scale is to the resin models. really great work and just amazing what you did. i have read a lot of forums and got a lot of ideas together, like led  and fiberworks inside. So i would like to ask you, if you would share your ldd for brainstorm and trying to workout it for a real model? would be a great inspiration and help for me.

best wishes and regards
ezri

ezri@genial.ms

#56 Zhalakin

Zhalakin

Member: 49380

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Dear Skayen

I really like this model and i need to upgrade my 10221!

Is it possible to get a copy of the LDD?

Regards,

Zhala

#57 deanorth

deanorth

Member: 29673

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just a thumbs up, I've just finished my SSD, and I can see how hard it is to design and create now, what you did is just...hard to create, but truly, if you can, keep it up, it'll be worth the look.

#58 BOOSTA

BOOSTA

Member: 20143

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

news? :classic:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users