Exeunt Omnes, pursued by Wyrm

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

The Chaos in Nocturnus has reached Abyssan.  Riot, treachery, civil war, and now the unearthly forces of Revolword have been reported within a few days' march.  The heliotropes are down on the trunk road, while messenger Eagles have been plucked from the sky and eaten like Ortolan by the Air Elemental.  It is enough for Duc LeStrange, he must carry some important information to Flagg.  Leaving chef Anatole in charge of domestic arrangements, he has sent 3 of the profane oracles back to Petraea on the flying carpet, while he himself carries the most important 4th oracle across the marshes and moutains and into the Dune Sea.  But in the fog of war, he has failed to remember why the Nähtamatu use catamarans to cross these seas.  The rythmic gallop of the ostrich attracts a baby Wyrm, and it bursts to the surface, bringing with it a strong stink of Auld Spice.  And now leStrange must ride, ride, ride hard to the safety of the rocks, to carry his secrets back to the cities of Kaliphlin.  The Wyrm is fast, but the ostrich can turn harder.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will he make it?  The future of Kaliphlin may depend upon it.
:classic:

Painter's notes:
The sand, the sand.  Our blessing and our curse.  It is a tradition in Kaliphlin that we all break our heads on sand dunes in free builds.  This is my monochromatic essay on that topic.  Does the world really need another Sand Wyrm, after BrickMaestro's excellent portrait?  Maybe not, that was definitive; but there are several varietals in our desert seas, and it is wise to be acquainted with the main ones.  This is one of the blood-and-whites.  
A few techiques I was trying out here.  After Daniel Marches, I wanted to experiement further on the diagonal.  The wyrm is on the diagonal and also tilted skywards, fixed at one end and resting on bricks at the other.  In the great Dune tradition, this is actually a triangular Wyrm core, held together (on a good day) with Travis bricks and tilting bricks.  I quite like it, and this may have an afterlife as a tower.   I have never really gone in for Black Fantasy, but my 2 year old tells me that this is "too scary", so I consider it mission accomplished.  I wanted to add at least one point of articulation to the Wyrm, but I couldn't find a way to do it without sacrificing the integrity of the cylinder, any tips are welcome.
:classic:
Rasputin Jones is restoring the King of Kaliphlin in Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Very cool, the landscaping is excellent!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Flickr

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Very nicely done! The landscaping is great, especially the angled section the wyrm is coming out of :thumbup:
And the Wyrm itself looks quite fearsome, the tentacles in the middle of it's mouth are a nice touch.
Keep up the good work  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#4 Brickmaestro

Brickmaestro

Member: 20953

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Wow - thanks for the kudos Robuko. Your scene is a vast improvement on mine, however. I was in such a rush to throw it together I never got to properly finish the wyrm. That will be rememdied in a much larger version I'm almost done with. Should have something posted soon. Great work and great story.
Tashbaan the Nomad - Kaliphlin Guild Allegiance

#5 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Wow that wyrm is perfect! A real badass! :laugh: Love the borders as well! Great job! :thumbup:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#6 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

I really like the head of this wyrm and the Kaliphlin colors in the frame!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#7 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Great job on this!  And I agree about the cursed sand....we love it, and we hate it.

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#8 Hersbrucker

Hersbrucker

• WIP it good

Member: 22070

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Great, nice use of that Micro Figure  :sweet:

Posted Image

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” Henry Royce †

My BL Shop______My MOCpages

#9 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Great job on the wyrm! The effect of the black "tongues" is done nicely! :thumbup:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#10 Captain Settle

Captain Settle

• Needs eggs on his face

Member: 28013

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Wow, that wyrme is fantastic. I love how realistic the sand is.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Check out my LEGO Space comic, A Brickish Space Comic!
Ravious Bose, Nocturnus ranger, in Guilds of Historica.
Francis Barkley, Level 5 Ranger in Heroica RPG

#11 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

Ahhh! Run, leStrange, run!!!  *oh2* Great moc robuko, a wonderful action shot. The wyrm itself is angled perfectly and the landscaping is very well done. If i have one suggestion, it might be to suggest more motion by somehow depicting the sand being flung about as the wyrm erupts from the earth, and dust tracks as the ostrich races to escape...

I hope leStrange makes it!  :thumbup:

Edited by gabe, 07 July 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users