Modular Madness: Parking Lot

31 replies to this topic

#26 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

No need in my opinion to add lots of details, it is a car park and that is what they look like. Sometimes I have seen them with Ivy or some other plant growing up the side to break up the concrete, but that is about it.

I do think another level would be good but understand the ramp problem. If you built another one and added it to the rear, side then an additional ramp could be incorporated in that giving you extra floors. After all car parks like these are usually huge, the one in my home town is far bigger than any of the surrounding shops!

Also sometimes I see they have a little cafe or some smaller shop built into the side, so if you did extend it you could perhaps add something like this as an interesting detail. Maybe like a little newsagent / sweet shop?

As it is though it is very good and an interesting change from the norm.

#27 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostgotoAndLego, on 28 June 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I thin it's a great idea; it's the kind of building that is ignored on most layouts.

Indeed that's why I like it a lot! I think I will use the idea someday :classic:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#28 BrickPicker

BrickPicker

Member: 23486

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

:thumbup: Nice.
Posted Image

#29 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I really like both the idea and the way it turned out. The best of luck to you in the competition!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#30 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

I considered this idea since the Modulars seem to be lacking parking spots. The ramp is cleverly done. Obviously space constraints makes it a challenge (that's the point I guess).

Keep up the good work. It will be some good competition for the contest.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#31 antp

antp

Member: 8412

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Nice.
I am actually building something similar for the contest :wacko: I planned to make it higher, hence why I haven't finished yet.
Anyway, it looks different (using lift rather than ramp, as there wasn't enough space on a 32x32 base), but I was hoping to be the only one to make a parking lot  :cry_sad:

#32 Sebeus I

Sebeus I

• Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postantp, on 04 July 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

Nice.
I am actually building something similar for the contest :wacko: I planned to make it higher, hence why I haven't finished yet.
Anyway, it looks different (using lift rather than ramp, as there wasn't enough space on a 32x32 base), but I was hoping to be the only one to make a parking lot  :cry_sad:
Sorry I beat you to it.
On the bright side, you'll get the motivation to do better than me  :laugh:

Edited by Sebeus I, 04 July 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users