Hoexbroe

Union-76

indexed.gif B-OV-35C

Hi all,

Here is one of the center-peices in the upcoming MegaMOC 2012;

A North-American petrol station inspired by the real-world Jack Colker "Union-76" station in Beverly Hills, CA, a great example of the Googie-style architecture.

dsc05419c.jpg

dsc05420.jpg

Some more photos here;

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=506259

Thanks for watching and commenting! :-)

Edited by Hoexbroe

Your most fantastic :grin: , AWESOME, beautiful :wub: , clever, etc., work yet 'Hoexbroe' ! :excited:

Hello, the 1950's USA.....street/traffic lights, the driveway roof and the Union-76 sign help set this one off ! :excited:

Brick On 'Hoexbroe' ! :excited:

Those cars are amazing. :oh::sweet: And I love those traffic lights. :wub_drool: I want more closeups of that roof! :moar::drool:

Your style kills me. Keep making those beautiful cars. Love that you thought to put a transformer on the light pole, your attention to detail really sets you apart.

That roof!?! :oh: I can't believe that sucker, brick built...that's a great new addition, lovely intersection. Great streetlight build. Oh! I can't wait to see the final product. :drool:

:wub_drool: I'm astounded. The cars themselves are really nice, but the gas station tops it off perfectly.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Those cars are amazing. :oh::sweet: And I love those traffic lights. :wub_drool: I want more closeups of that roof! :moar::drool:

I dont have any other photos, except one where you can see the underside of teh roof. (But it might be the opposite of what you wanted...)

dsc05426.jpg

Your style kills me. Keep making those beautiful cars. Love that you thought to put a transformer on the light pole, your attention to detail really sets you apart.

Yeah, I always wanted to make a trafo like that. Here´s a close up;

dsc05421.jpg

That roof is amazing. Its so smooth and delicate looking. :wub:

I assure you that the roof is actually quite sturdy! -And very flexible!

Ciao!

Gorgeous! The colours are wonderful! It would be nice to see some interior photos of the gas station :)

Gorgeous! The colours are wonderful! It would be nice to see some interior photos of the gas station :)

I´m afraid there isn´t much to see, but I´ll post a photo later this evening...

Very nice, I like the traffic lights and the cars are great as usual :thumbup:

This does indeed look fantastic. Add this to the other cars you've already shown us, and your lovely Painted Ladies, and we all know that the whole thing will look absolutely gorgeous when it's done. You are uncannily good at recreating that '50s atmosphere, and your building style can't really be mistaken for anybody else's - which is one of the true hallmarks of a really great builder. Please keep us drooling!

This is AMAZING! I just love the way you made that roof all the way down to the detail of the lamp post :wub: :wub: :wub: .I cannot wait till you finally piece everything together.

Keep making amazing models, Rail Co

I've been looking at hundreds of pictures before I made my garage MOC, but yours might even be a tad more fancy looking.

It's spot on and really rock 'n roll! :thumbup:

Wow! Just wow! :oh3:

The is nothing in that scene that isn't mind blowing. The streetlights. The CARS! And that roof. How does it curve like that while still seeming sturdy? That's just incredible.

What an epic gas station! The roof and the cars just make it pop out even more, great work, I hope I'll be able to create cars like that! :wink:

I want to borrow your car schematics and/or designs so bad. I am absolutely in LOVE with late 40's and all of the 50's American Culture! default_wubnew.gif

I'll give you whatever you want default_drool.gif

Now this is really top-notch stuff like already said on MOCpages. But I am seriously interested in how you actually shaped the roof. Is it only because of the small distances between the bricks?

Anyway, it's all fantastic, the cars too. Looking forward to your Mega MOC which probably will be even greater than the ones we have seen before. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now this is really top-notch stuff like already said on MOCpages. But I am seriously interested in how you actually shaped the roof. Is it only because of the small distances between the bricks?

Thanks!

Yes, it is done simply by the small gap. I think LDD permits up to 3º between bricks, but in reality you can go further without permanently deforming the bricks. In any case the curve used here is much softer than when I make boat-hulls.

Anyway, it's all fantastic, the cars too. Looking forward to your Mega MOC which probably will be even greater than the ones we have seen before. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, I hope to improve. At least it will be growing by one base(road)-plate more (From 10 to 11 plates).

(Now I wonder who "ER0L" is on MOCpages¿?

Never mind; I found out! :laugh: )

Edited by Hoexbroe