Sebeus I

HMS Intersector

[pid][/pid] 137B

(yes, it sais intersector, not interceptor, this was entirely on purpose)

This is actually not my latest ship, I must have spend over two years to finish it, It served as an experimental ship.

It started out as the Interceptor but It was too difficult to make an accurate stern (the windows are extremely problematic to replicate in the brick) so I figured it wouldn't be a relevant replica anyway.

So I drifted off from the original design pirate_classic.gif

dsc06857.jpg

This is the kind of view that should make you realize how much more elegant the old prefab hulls are compared to the new ones pirate_devg1.gif

It's funny that this is one of my most simple and easy-to-build ships but also one of my favourites, I prefer it over my frigate eventhough it has less features and details. It just fits so well on that hull.

dsc06847.jpg

dsc06869.jpg

dsc06893.jpg

It has interior in the cabin :

dsc06876.jpg

dsc06882.jpg

dsc06841.jpg

More at MOCpages and

in my Brickshelf gallery (once public).

Edited by Sebeus I

I bow to thee, oh master shipbuilder!

I love all of your ships, and this one is no different. The color scheme is great and the nice leaning-in sides look very nice (something that I have trouble with).

By the way, your brickshelf gallery is not yet public, so no one can see it.

Edited by Admiral Coco

Wow thats nice, I have to say I like how you use Bluecoats for all you ships it gives it a nice touch, rather than have the traditional redcoat ships.

Very nice ship, cool color scheme, you build quite a lot of ships don't you?

keep it up!

~Legonardo~

I still prefer your frigate pir_laugh2.gif

Are those brick-built cannons? They look fantastic, I think we deserve a closer look pirate_skel1.gif Does she has an interior — I mean, besides the cosy cabin? Also that system of attaching the prow-figure is very clever, I don't think you have used it before (?) though IMO it surely fits better in a ship, at least in one of this size. Medium blue is alongside with tan my favourite lego colour pirate_wubnew.gif

I bow to thee, oh master shipbuilder!

I love all of your ships, and this one is no different. The color scheme is great and the nice leaning-in sides look very nice (something that I have trouble with).

By the way, your brickshelf gallery is not yet public, so no one can see it.

Thanks, I added a link to mocpages.

Wow thats nice, I have to say I like how you use Bluecoats for all you ships it gives it a nice touch, rather than have the traditional redcoat ships.

Thanks, I'm not sure I know what you mean, it is a redcoat ship or perhaps you're refering to my frigate ?

Very nice ship, cool color scheme, you build quite a lot of ships don't you?

keep it up!

~Legonardo~

Ships make up about 70% of my mocs, when I'm not building a ship I'm probably thinking about building a ship :pir-classic:

I still prefer your frigate pir_laugh2.gif

Are those brick-built cannons? They look fantastic, I think we deserve a closer look pirate_skel1.gif Does she has an interior — I mean, besides the cosy cabin? Also that system of attaching the prow-figure is very clever, I don't think you have used it before (?) though IMO it surely fits better in a ship, at least in one of this size. Medium blue is alongside with tan my favourite lego colour pirate_wubnew.gif

I used that prow before (Spanish slopp-of-war) but I haven't attached an idol on it before. This doesn't fit well on bigger ships indeed.

So far the cabin is the only part with interior, the gun deck is very chaotic because I kind of built this ship on top of a wip which already had a lower deck installed, maybe I'll fix this later.

the costum cannons are nothing special really, I simply looked at these to make them (that's a ship from Captain Greenhair... or Bonaparte, it's confusing really :pir_wacko: ).

I don't but, the rails are too low I think? Looks like that the bluecoats are ready to fall of the ship. But the whole thing is FABULOUS!Love it! :pir-wub:

Looks like that the bluecoats are ready to fall of the ship.

Bluecoats? :pir_wacko: Are you sure you dont mean Redcoats? (Flag for example)

Anyway, fantastic job whit thiis ship, i love the plain and simple cabin. I only think that the gundeck should be open. (If you know what i mean)

Captain Becker

there was some interior, (you dont have that at mocpages which is really confuseing, since you say in the intro, that there is) anyways its a nice interior, i like the small kitchen like cabinets that you made in there, they fit well, and i didnt acutaly not notice the costum cannons before now, i dont like costum cannons, normaly, because theres a huge mass diffrence, but here there isnt, even so its from green hair, its still good,

Bluecoats? :pir_wacko: Are you sure you dont mean Redcoats? (Flag for example)

Anyway, fantastic job whit thiis ship, i love the plain and simple cabin. I only think that the gundeck should be open. (If you know what i mean)

Captain Becker

Oops I guess that's what I meant. :pir-tongue:

At first glance I thought it was a bluecoat ship the I realized a split second later that it was a redcoat ship, that is very nice, by the way when you build a frigate how can you make it look like the gun ports are curved, that always puzzled me, anyway, please reply.

Phew, for a moment I thought I might have gone color blind,

redcoats on a blue ship :pir-tongue:

At first glance I thought it was a bluecoat ship the I realized a split second later that it was a redcoat ship, that is very nice, by the way when you build a frigate how can you make it look like the gun ports are curved, that always puzzled me, anyway, please reply.

You mean the angled sides ?

Then I refer to Captain Green Hair's tutoral, that's the principle.

For this ship I heavely simplyfied the technique into an easier, less parts-consuming variant (one exception; cheese slopes, you'll need a lot of those in my variant).

Edited by Sebeus I

Nicely done, I like the use of the dark blue, it really adds a lot to the overall look of the ship.

An excellent job! Am I counting correctly that this has three center hull pieces between the bow and stern?

Correct, I try to keep that the maximum, using more center pieces makes the ship look too narrow (compared to the its length) in my opinion :pir-classic:

still waiting for the remaining interior pictures? how does the captain reach the cabin without pulling off the cabin roof every time?=)

still waiting for the remaining interior pictures? how does the captain reach the cabin without pulling off the cabin roof every time?=)

Sorry, no more interior, I'd say the captain drops down into the gun deck and worms himself to the cabin :pirate_sad2:

Problem is that I have to completely rebuild the lower hull in order to fix an interior in the gun deck :pir_wacko:

I updated the ship,

I renamed her the HMS Marianne.

it has now three courses of sails on both masts, I drew some lines on the sails, extra gunports were added (fake ones though) and I opened the gun deck.

dsc09233.jpg

dsc09223.jpg

dsc09245.jpg

dsc09248.jpg

dsc09239.jpg

The HMS Marianne will be ready to engage in battle with Farore's Wind once again.

I'm thinking about equiping that ship with new sails as well.

Edited by Sebeus I

Looking great, I like the colour scheme.

just a minor note, I would also add those lines on the backsite of the sails.

Bart