Rogue Angel

Albion - Hecate Hall

Albion, the capitol city of Avalonia, is renowned for it's wealth of culture and variety of inhabitants. Naturally, it is the perfect location for the home of the Historica Mage's Guild. Hecate is the goddess of Magic, witchcraft and the other mystic arts. In ancient times, the druids built shrines to Hecate to curry favors and blessings. The mages of Historica have built Hecate Hall in honor of the great Goddess despite the fact that the guild frowns upon witchcraft and the baser magics, and shun the use of death magic favored by necromancers, all of which fall under Hecate's domain.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_front_view.jpg

Hecate Hall is located in the heart of Albion along a main thoroughfare and attracts many peddlers, farmers and beggars. Ragello the bard has prospered from the generous coin of the wealthy denizens of Albion that visit Hecate Hall and it's neighboring establishments, and he catches the eye of many a local maiden.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_left_street.jpg

The rivers and fields of the Avalonia heartland have brought forth a wealth of goods for sale or trade, and many goods can be acquired upon the streets of Ablion

mage_hall_-_lr_-_right_street.jpg

Even in the great jewel Albion, travelers must still be wary for thieves and pickpockets that haunt any large city.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_alley.jpg

Atop the roof of Hecate Hall sits a rookery where owls, hawks and ravens are kept. The roof also boasts a beautiful view of Albion

mage_hall_-_lr_-_roof.jpg

The main floor of the Hall opens into a common room with access to the Council Chamber, the cellar and the 2nd floor.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_1st_floor.jpg

In the common room, apprentices like the Viderling twins may discuss incantations, herbs, and glamours, although occasionally there are less ... savory characters such as Cecil B. Prosperous who claims to be a Summoning Invoker Extraordinaire looking to hire apprentices...

mage_hall_-_lr_-_common_room.jpg

The head council for the Mage's guild currently consists of Rodimus the humble, Cordimere the Scarlet Wizard, Taish the Celestial Beauty, Kredge Greatfire and Lord Mirsk the Sand Dervish.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_council_chamber.jpg

The 2nd floor houses the Guild library, The chambers of Rodimus - the current head mage, and the roof stairwell.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_2nd_floor.jpg

The cellar holds the ale room and the summoning chamber, as well as secret access to the alleyway.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_cellar.jpg

Apparently the darker arts are still practiced, even within the walls of Hecate Hall itself!

mage_hall_-_lr_-_summoning_chamber.jpg

Hecate Hall is frequented by visitors from across Historica, and serves to unite the Mages in common cause. Being located in Avalonia, there are times when discretion is more powerful than the greatest spell or artifact. The secret sliding panel in the outer wall of the hall allows for less conspicuous access.

mage_hall_-_lr_-_secret_entrance.jpg

Hecate Hall is frequented by many wealthy and prominent citizens of Historica and has proved to be a boon to Albion, both financially and defensively. So long as the peace of Historica holds, the Mages shall continue to gather here to share knowledge and learning.

High rez gallery here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=506065

great build Rogue,

Great background and characters!

I like the color and shape of the hall and I really like the library and the details you added to your interior (I really need to work on improving my interiors)

Avalonia seems to be on a bit of building spree lately, I might have one more free build before I do my Challenge four build!

Edited by MikeyB

Great MOC, fits well in Albion.

keep bricking!

~Legonardo~

So much to love here! The light gray roof, the details around the windows and the libary are my favourites! Great work and this surely fits right in to our great capital!

But I don't know what Gandalf is doing there, and I think the dark guy with dark magic is look like Sauron, he he.

I have been waiting for you to post some pictures of this :classic:

The shaping of the building is impressive and works well :thumbup:

The Council's chairs are a design I haven't seen before, and the wheelbarrow is another nice feature.

Excellent work!

I got the sneak peak at Brickworld. Love the bionicle-esque parts on the outside and great work on the interior. Could you also post at least one picture in the Albion thread itself. Here is the link so you need not go a-searchin' Click me for Albion!

Great build! Simple, yet detailed perfectly in the right places.

I'm loving the Summoning room, and all the interiors are brilliant!

Excellent work!

Lord d'Evereux enjoyed his visit! The whole feel that this gives is really cool! Great job. :thumbup:

Now, time for Lord d'Evereux to return home.

Edited by Dustin

Impressive! There is a lot to like here! Like the detailed summoning chamber and the design of the building and the minifigs outside at the walls. All great! :classic:

Thanks for the comments! I am really happy with the shelves in the library, but I have to build them into the wall to make them work. I ran out of brown brackets, so the shelf in the Head Mage's chamber is not built correctly. I am pretty happy with the interior, but I could really use some more wall decorations, as I said in the interiors thread. I thought my hall was pretty cool until I got to Brickworld, and had to set it next to all of Z's creations - :cry_sad:

:classic: Love the library too, and the wheelbarrow is great. Very elegantly built and the little details such as the theif and the mage in the dungeon are excellent. Well done.

Just seen the video from BW, this is an amazing build. The photos somehow don't convey the sheer scale of it. The detailing on the diagonal wall is very eye-catching, and the level of interior and incidental detail is fantastic. I especially like the library, the summoning chamber, and the Mage's chamber. Always a pleasure to see such a great cast of characters, we must send Byarssh to pay a visit

:classic:

I didn't know about this untill I watched that BW video with you talking about it and I thought it looked excellent.

I really like the modular style of this, it works so well for this style of building. As usual you have furnished and created a beautiful interior with lots of nice details to look over. I also like the colors you have used, particularly for the roof as it just adds that extra difference.

A wonderful addition to Albion, keep up the great work :thumbup:

Awesome Rogueang! The exterior of the building looks great, but the interior is what really made this build so amazing. You packed in a ton of great story and details into just one building.

I love the interior! You have given me some inspiration for furnishing my castle...default_thumbup.gif

Wow, what a beauty! Although the exterior of the building is impressive in scale and execution, the interiors are really where it's at for me. :sweet: I love the well thought out layout, with plenty of room for detail and access between floors. The angles of the roof sit together so well and the bionicle elements are well intergrated too. If i have one small criticism, it might be that the colour scheme is a little bland for such a huge, sprawling building - i kind of wish there was a little more exterior "pop". But that's nitpicking, i know. :wink:

Thanks for the compliments guys! I was pretty happy with the interior overall, but I was not that happy with exterior. I thought about adding in interspersed white bricks on the masses of white walls, but ran out of time. Those white stretches of wall just kept catching my eye, and when I set in next to ZCereberus' highly detailed buildings, it looked really boring. I will be working on that for my next builds.

I love this building. The Library and meeting room are really nice additions. Congratulations on making a building, not only with a stunning exterior, but one with an amazing interior as well.

Sir Johnathan-

Very glad you found GoH, however, bringing threads that are a year old back to life is generally discouraged. There are a ton of current builds to dig into!

Also, have you joined a guild yet? I would suggest Nocturnus. It's the best.