Pandora

Summer Of Friends Building Contest

The Summer Of Friends Building Contest!

summer_of_friends.jpg

Get your thinking caps on and builders fingers at the ready, because the Summer of Friends Building Contest is here!

There are FOUR categories to this contest:

Category 1 - Vehicles

The Friends line has introduced a number of vehicles, but we're greedy and we want to see moar! For this category all you have to do is build any type of Friends inspired vehicle of any size, as long as it is minidoll scale. If there's no link to Friends or it's not a vehicle (we're thinking helicopters, trucks, motorbikes, boats), it won't count, but aside from that, anything goes.

Category 2 - Rooms

We've seen a few of the girls' bedrooms, heck we saw a houseful of Friends rooms in Olivia's House, so why not add your own room? This could be anything from a bedroom for one of the other girls to a basement or garage, attic, sauna, you name it - as long as it would be considered a room in real life and there's some link to Friends, it's eligible. It has to be 16x16 studs and to have at least two walls, although these may be cut away to show us the details inside.

Category 3 - Cross-themes (3A = 16x16; 3B = 32x32)

This is our wildcard! We want Friends everywhere! The vast variety of new parts, newly coloured pieces and minidolls can be integrated with any other LEGO theme, so show us how it's done! Will you have Emma swashbuckling with Pirates? Or Stephanie joining the Avengers in Licensed? Or maybe Friends from Space in Sci Fi? Just pick any other LEGO theme, blend it with Friends, build a 16x16 scene, or a 32x32 scene, of it and post it in the relevant other forum!

Category 4 - Animals

A lot of the sets and themes for Friends revolves around animals; we've had puppy houses, pet patrols, a veterinary surgery, dog shows, stables... so many things. We'd like you to create something new. Suggestions include a kennels or cattery, a petting zoo or even a pet cemetery, but let your imagination run wild. This category is 16x16 and must be related to animals in some way.

**It is NOT compulsory to include the Friends Minidolls in ANY of the building categories; there are plenty of other ways of building in the Friends style, so be creative!**

In addition to the rules above, we have some general rules:

• Entries must be posted by 23:59(GMT) August 31st 2012
  • One entry per member per category. Members may enter both categories 3A and 3B.
  • Entries should be new and not have been posted anywhere previously.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries for Categories 1, 2 and 4 should be posted in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state the category.
  • Entries for Category 3 only should be posted in the relevant other Eurobricks forum. The title of the topic should begin with "SoF:" and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state either Category 3A for 16x16 builds or Category 3B for 32x32 builds.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
  • No photoshopping backgrounds or packaging.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The winners will be voted for by Eurobricks members who have been members of EB prior to the start of Summer of Friends.

Remember that Friends isn't just about bright colours and minidolls; it's the high level of detailing that also marks out the Friends sets, so the more details the better!

The Prizes:

We have a load of the first wave of Friends sets to give away, plus a whole host of other Friends related goodies, and all we want to do is give them away to you!

Great contest! I love how we have to post the cross over in the other forum! :laugh: I can't wait to start building!

Seems fun! I don't know if I have the parts for a vehicle or room in the Friends colours...but I'll be doing the crossover for sure!

Considering I build creations based on all 3 Categories on a regular basis :laugh: this contest seems right up my alley!

Way back when Friends were new, I would cross-post my creations into the theme forum my Friends blended with -- doing so with a bit of hesitation. There was concern of some fans objecting to it. Yet, now it's sanctioned by EB = awesome!

Bring on the Summer of Friends! :wub:

Attention other forums.

SCI-FI forum shall win category 3.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

No summer of Superheroes? :cry_sad:

I don't think I have any pink parts, So I'm sitting this one out :tongue:

This shall be fun.

I can't wait to start building and see the members reactions that absolutely despise the Friends line. :laugh:

It will be a Friends takeover.

I'll definitely be building in category 3. :classic:

Edited by The Blue Brick

Attention other forums.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

Consider it brought :devil_laugh: Just got scads more friends and a lot of ideas.

For the vehicles category, can I build a fantasy beast/rider friends style? I know its not 'mechanical' but it would be a fantasy medieval 'vehicle'. What I have in mind couldn't fit into a 16x16 misc. category.

Thanks! :)

Attention other forums.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

Agreed.

Love all the contest's going on (I'm currently planning on entering 8 different ones over the summer)... Can't wait to get building! :sweet:

Way back when Friends were new

Gahhh! I have enough stuff reminding me how old I am already without people talking in the past tense about the newness of a still-new theme! :tongue:

I wonder whether I'll get anything done in time for this contest...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Attention other forums.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

Consider it brought :devil_laugh: Just got scads more friends and a lot of ideas.

Great, now we're gonna have a Civil War on our hands. :hmpf: So much for Friends month. :tongue:

Great, now we're gonna have a Civil War on our hands. :hmpf: So much for Friends month. :tongue:

Hopefully it will remain a Friend(s)ly competition and doesn't lead to that.

Attention other forums.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

Who do you think you're kidding? SW has this one in the bag. :tongue:

I'm planning my entry now...

EDIT: Not sure where to put this, but the new forum skin is awesome!

Edited by purpleparadox

The tiger will build something special for Category 2. But it could be considered a room I guess, would part of a department store be allowed as a room ? :wink:

Ohhhh... I have been thinking about some Friends inspired MOCs, so this is perfect.

(I was actually thinking of doing a Friends display for a show we are planning here, so this will get me started on that).

Do you have to own Friends minidolls to enter?"

Please look a bit more closely in the future.

**It is NOT compulsory to include the Friends Minidolls in ANY of the three building categories; there are plenty of other ways of building in the Friends style, so be creative!**

Not too sure how I am going to manage to do a build for this without my daughers knowing, I am sure they'll end up with some input/take over, especially now they have read the contest information over my shoulder!

Uh oh!!!

This sounds like war to me, not FRIENDS!

Help....I love my FRIENDS!

i chat with them every day as they watch me cook from their perch above our kitchen counter.

Sniffle, sniffle......sniffle!

Attention other forums.

Bring it.

That is all.

Cheers,

Sci-fi forum.

Because nobody can be nice, friendly, and non-competitive anymore. :hmpf: (okay, I admit is is a competition. :tongue: )

Anyway, I think I may actually enter this one (mainly because, at last, I actually have a halfway-decent idea...)

Just a quick question, ladies and gents. Concerning Category B.

Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

Can I use, say, my already existing custom minifig as part of the room? And I won't modify the bricks or the parts of the actual scene. Thank you!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic: