• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chols

Chols

Member: 26216

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image
Flickr | Brickshelf

Bruce Pyre is a 3.0 model Hero designed to have the appearance and abilities of a bat.  His wings allow him to silently glide while his sonar detectors pick up enemy locations.  His wing-mounted cannons emit sonic blasts.  Despite his abilities, he is a very poor flying and often tears his wings, and his sonic cannons really hurt his ears too (who designed these things!?).
----
This moc was actually inspired by a dream.  I had dreamed of an exclusive Hero Factory set featuring a bat-like hero.  I was kinda bummed when I realized it was just a dream, so I was like hey, I'm gonna moc that.

And then this happened. It's nothing special, just a quick moc to get an idea out of my head.

Coca Cola and Cookies appreciated.

#2 turtleman2020

turtleman2020

Member: 23684

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Looks great system is integrated perfectly :thumbup:

#3 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Member: 20641

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

First, the good: This is a FANTASTIC MoC. It uses System elements in a constraction MoC perfectly, especially that amazing head, and there's a lot of NPU on the arms and wings. The color scheme is also excellently balanced with the brown center and black extremities. However, it doesn't really fit in with the smooth Hero Factory aesthetic, especially not the Savage Planet series, which didn't use some of the newer, more greebly bits like the Breakout torso. To fix this, I'd recommend switching the lower legs out for either A.) a standard HF lower limb, or B.) a custom design using a smooth system piece, as the current construction shows lots of Technic bits used to affix the Skrall armor to the leg. Then, I'd swap the custom clawed hands for normal black HF fists, to both fit in better and increase the heroicness of the MoC, as claws are usually reserved for villains. (Switching feet is optional - those are used in HF sets, but they do make him look villainous. I understand what you're going for with the bat theme, though.) Finally, this is just a nitpicky matter of personal preference - I'd change the Breakout core to an orange 2/3.0 core. All in all, a fantastic MoC, just a little... (wait for it)... rough around the edges. (YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users