• 5. Excellent!
    • 4. Good!
    • 3. OK
    • 2. Poor
    • 1. Horrid

gallery_2351_18_164.gifgallery_15845_212_1480.png

Set Index: Heartlake Flying Club

DSC01292es.JPG

Stepharnie: Look! A plane for me! This is just what Heartlake City needs!

Peter: Hmmm, sounds like a good way for me to get to the pub! Quick open it!

DSC01297es.JPG

Stepharnie: Let's look at the back first. Wow! New fun for everyone! OMG ponies!

Peter: I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a bit tiresome being the only guy in town.

DSC01301es.JPG

Anna: Quiet dear. Be useful for once and open the box.

Peter: ....ouch.

Stepharnie: Quick, the next seal!

DSC01325es.JPG

Stepharnie: Wow! Two bags of parts! That'll make building easier!

DSC01329es.JPG

Peter: Finished! Both bags opened and presented!

Anna: But now dear it's going to be harder to assemble.

Peter: ...

DSC01334es.JPG

Stepharnie: New identical clothes! Hurrah!

Emma: But there's a head! A head....!?

Stepharnie: Ignore the head! Let's build!

Sophie: Hmmm, sorry I can't do that. It's the carer in me. Let's see, head goes on neck....

DSC01339es.JPG

Stephanie: Huh, what's going on here? Hi girls!

Mia: Where's Stephanie?

Stephanie: I'm here! Hi!

Andrea: No, not you...

DSC01343es.JPG

Ranger: It's OK! I've got the imposter Stephanie, otherwise known as Stepharnie! Carry about your business.

Stephanie: Ummm.... err...

Mia: Bye Stephanie!

Stephanie: Hi Mia!

Andrea: Now that's all resolved lets get building!

DSC01352es.JPG

Stephanie: What are we making? Is this wallpaper?

Mia: No, it's for the float plane.

Stephanie: Really? It's been my dream to make a Flying Club for Heartlake City... that and have stronger arms. This bird is so heavy!

DSC01353es.JPG

Peter: Well here's the plane!

Stephanie: Thanks! You know this set would be easier to assemble if it was in two separate sections.

Peter: ...

Anna: Stop slacking off! Back to building!

DSC01357es.JPG

Peter: I'm an artist!

Anna: No dear, it's just the dreggy leftovers. You should be able to relate to that.

Peter: You know, I'm the only man in town.

Anna: Is there an echo in here?

DSC01361es.JPG

Stephanie: Finished! Where's everyone gone?

Mia: We're hiding so people are clear what's in the set and what's not.

Andrea: I'm behind the plane.

Peter: I'm under the plane.

DSC01362es.JPG

Stephanie: Tickets! Who wants tickets! Oh, that pink thing wasn't on the wallpaper.

Peter: That's a printed part.

Stephanie: Any more?

Peter: No, like me it's the only one.

Anna: You can find the same part in Olivia's Speedboat... that's because it's useful.

DSC01364es.JPG

Stephanie: Ooooh! Arty shots! I put that pink part (my license?) on the ground to save a photo.

DSC01368es.JPG

Stephanie: Eeek! It's a Gryphon Ink crab!

DSC01372es.JPG

Stephanie: Oh... That was a nightmare? Anyway time to start this business!

Anna: Where's Peter? Ah well, I'll have an exciting time and he wont!

DSC01374es.JPG

Stephanie: We haven't showed off my new plane enough! It has navigation lights! Pretty stickers! Wind in my hair!

Mia: Is this safe? If I turn my head at the wrong time will the plane spin out of control?

Stephanie: No idea! Let's find out!

DSC01378es.JPG

Stephanie: I'm a wing walker! Oh, look at the pink interior!

DSC01380es.JPG

Anna: Is Peter under those floats still? I haven't seen him for a while now...

3063inst.jpg

As you can see, the proper place for the bird is on the wing...

3063parta.jpg

Page 1...

3063partb.jpg

...and 2!

Ratings

Play:

LEGO loves vehicle sets, even when it's not designed for the classic boy audience. This is probably because vehicles are such a big play function in themselves... but even so there isn't much to "do" with this set. 6/10

Parts:

For those that bought sets from last wave this set doesn't offer much in terms of new parts, but there are loads of rare colour parts... 8/10

Price:

Not sure right now. I might update this review later! xx/10

Looks:

When I look at the average girl targeted vehicle toy (that is non-LEGO) I generally laugh. Why? Well generally they are just an interior and, for example, planes often focus on the interior leaving wings that are barely stubs. (The ships are often even funnier!) But this considering the size isn't too bad. The only big "error" is the wing position; for a sea plane it should be higher, and I think that was done for access reasons. So I think this looks good from a realistic point of view, and from an anesthetic point of view as well 10/10

Fudge:

A seaplane is always a smart "airport" idea, especially for a town called "HeartLake", as you can get away with a minimal port. 8/10

Overall:

This batch has some nice vehicles that go with the existing sets. Hopefully a truck is next! 8/10

DSC01398es.JPG

Stephanie: "Permission to buzz the treehouse"? I don't need that; we're Friends!

I'm still really liking Friends. I bought all the major sets from the last wave and I'm really looking forward to the Summer Riding Camp. Even so, I do have two big wishes; a guy main character (like Ken :wink: ) and, as I said above, something different and less "girly", like a truck set. Girls want more than just ponies... I think. :tongue: Looking at the updated photo of Heartlake City I can see a petrol station, a lighthouse... they'd be a good start!

Excellent review, 'Sinner'! :sweet:

This set is pretty good. The price is descent (I think it's $20) and some of the pieces are cool (I love the bird). The builds are nice, too (I like the airplane ticket stall). Hopefully I will pick this set up some day...

Thanks 'Sinner' for your review of another cute Friend's set, neat little booth and pier for the plate to be moored at :sweet: but I have a little issue with the plane......the windscreen's height effects the airflow and tail would have very little effect on it's true ability to fly. :sceptic:

Though it's a nice plane, I feel a larger one that was enclosed would have been better.....it would take more of her friends to say a holiday island resort ? :wink: (There's an idea for those Friend's MOC builders :grin: )

Brick On Review On with your Friend's 'Sinner' ! :grin:

Thanks 'Sinner' for your review of another cute Friend's set, neat little booth and pier for the plate to be moored at :sweet: but I have a little issue with the plane......the windscreen's height effects the airflow and tail would have very little effect on it's true ability to fly. :sceptic:

:laugh: Yeah, I said much the same thing in the review. But without making the plan bigger it wouldn't have been possible and it was obviously the priority to have a stand and wharf as well. I still think in the context of the target audience this is a realistic plane.