Dwarven Tower

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

With the DROW situation escalating and rumours of something having gone terribly wrong after the finding of the elemental crystals
Sir Glorfindel goes to secure the help of some dwarves. They have always been loyal to Jarl Nibelung, but for the most part take
little interest in affairs outside their territory. Sir Glorfindel hopes to gain their support for Mitgardia on a more active level.
This tower is guarding a road to a dwarven city.

I didn't enter the first challenge, so I made this to remedy the situation  :laugh:  
After seeing Fat Tony's and SoT's dwarven builds I wanted to try something in that style.
It was very fun building something in a different style, and I am happy with the result. The ballista is functional, you just pull back a slide and let it go to fire it.
Here is a link to a video of it in action (sorry about the quality, I may take a better one soon): My link
It also has a full interior, and no visible doors  :devil:

Now on to some pictures  :classic:

Posted Image

I hope you enjoyed looking and any comments or criticism welcome!

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:41 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Member: 24623

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

It's awesome to see how your building skills have continuously improved over time.

I love this MOC. It's full of nice ideas and solutions! Very well done!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
My MOC Page and My Flickr
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
All hail Avalonia!
Lord of Woodward, Champion of Avalonia, Lord High Executioner, Prince of the Forest, Siege Expert
Woodward on Wikipedia

#3 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

great job!  lots of nice details but everything seems to have a reason.  I think you did a great job matching the statue with the belt buckle.  I also like the angle of the tower

The only thing I would suggest is some snow on the roof of the tower.

Again great job!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postmephistopheles, on 15 June 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

It's awesome to see how your building skills have continuously improved over time.

I love this MOC. It's full of nice ideas and solutions! Very well done!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks  :classic:

View PostMikeyB, on 15 June 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

great job!  lots of nice details but everything seems to have a reason.  I think you did a great job matching the statue with the belt buckle.  I also like the angle of the tower

The only thing I would suggest is some snow on the roof of the tower.

Again great job!

Thanks, I thought about adding snow to the roof, but got lazy and decided it would just melt off quickly anyhow  :laugh:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Awesome!

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostLegonardo Davidy, on 15 June 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Awesome!

Thanks  :classic:

#7 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

I love seeing all of your builds soccerkid6. I have to go and see the video because I want to see that ballista fire  :grin:  

I agree with the other comment, the roof is just a little too solid black, at least in a photo. I know black can look different in person.

I look forward to seeing what you build next!
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#8 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Wow! Great work on this one! Love the angled tower, makes it so much more realistic! :classic:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#9 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostCara, on 16 June 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I love seeing all of your builds soccerkid6. I have to go and see the video because I want to see that ballista fire  :grin:  

I agree with the other comment, the roof is just a little too solid black, at least in a photo. I know black can look different in person.

I look forward to seeing what you build next!

Thanks Cara, that means a lot  :sweet: After looking at the roof you guys are right; needs some snow  :laugh:

View Postde Gothia, on 16 June 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

Wow! Great work on this one! Love the angled tower, makes it so much more realistic! :classic:

Thanks, angles make things so much more interesting in my opinion. Though non-angled builds can be just as impressive if done properly.
Glad you like it  :classic:

#10 kabel

kabel

• lower case

Member: 6745

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Nince tower sc. One can now clearly see that you have evolved your own style. I espcially like the statue and door. I wonder how you manage to have all this time for building tough. :wink:
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet

Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#11 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postkabel, on 16 June 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Nince tower sc. One can now clearly see that you have evolved your own style. I espcially like the statue and door. I wonder how you manage to have all this time for building tough. :wink:

Thanks Kabel  :classic:  I probably have more spare time than most, but things come together pretty quickly  :thumbup:

#12 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

It's a good thing you've a lot of spare time. That way you can score more points :wink:

And with buildings like this scoring won't be a problem. I really like the combination of black and grey. Also the ballista is great as is the statue!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 16 June 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

It's a good thing you've a lot of spare time. That way you can score more points :wink:

And with buildings like this scoring won't be a problem. I really like the combination of black and grey. Also the ballista is great as is the statue!

Exactly what I think  :laugh:  
I decided on black partially because of the numerous pieces I have in it. Glad you like the ballista and statue  :classic:

#14 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Very Mitgardian!  I like the small windows, and the snow - especially on the right side of the first picture.  I really like the statue as well.  My only suggestion would be to move your dk bley 2x2 tiles with 1 stud out of sight so it looks like the tower goes directly into the snow.  Nice build!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#15 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

@rogueang: Thanks  :classic:  I was quite happy with the snow effect too.
You mean switch the dk bley tiles underneath the rock outcropping that the tower is on with white?
I guess that probably would look better, thanks  :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6, 26 June 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#16 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nice job! Especially like the door and statue!Posted Image

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

@Mikel: Thanks  :classic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users