88high

Occupation thread

Hello all! I created this tread so we can talk about our job, and what we do for a living. Most people assume Lego AFOLs are engineers and stuff... But I bet there are some other jobs that we have on here:)

I have a summer job, being employed at a Christian summer camp. I love my job because I like to work with kids, and around Christ! It is a heck of a lot of fun!

What about you?

Most people assume Lego AFOLs are engineers and stuff... But I bet there are some other jobs that we have on here:)

What about you?

I am studying to be an engineer. :laugh:

I thought this forum was about our hobby, which is all about NOT having to think or talk about work. :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Kidding aside, nice idea for a thread. I am a motion graphics artist, so I make all kinds of animations and visual effects. Right now I am freelancing and creating effects for mobile games. You can see my work on my website. I am always looking for work, so if you need any type of motion graphics or visual effects, just contact me. :wink:

Hello all! I created this tread so we can talk about our job, and what we do for a living. Most people assume Lego AFOLs are engineers and stuff... But I bet there are some other jobs that we have on here:)

This is me at work. I have an engineering degree too. :classic:

pic0A9262CB97B532F6666CC31766EAE26A.jpg

I've been trying to get a job at Publix for the summer. I think I failed the test, though. :grin:

So the common misconception that many AFOLs are engineers is actually true? haha, no problems there.

My name tells part of the story. I am an eye doctor, so I incorporated my love of Lego with my profession. Everyone here calls me "doc," so I guess it was on my mind when I created the profile.

It's interesting to see/read about other people that I've seen post on the site before.

Very interesting topic.

I like to think of myself as a film critic. This generally entails watching films and writing about them, interviewing directors, actors, etc. and attending press junkets.

Back in the real world, I'm undertaking a degree in journalism in the vague hope that one day I'll get paid for doing all that. For now I do it for free, but I do get free films (usually a month or so before release), food, drink et al in return. :thumbup:

TK

I like to think of myself as a film critic. This generally entails watching films and writing about them, interviewing directors, actors, etc. and attending press junkets.

TK

Do you have a place where you post your reviews? I love reading and watching film reviews. :classic:

I'm going to major in Psychology, and go on to get my Ph. D. in Clinical Psychology. The brain... Fascinates me. [insert mad scientist joke here].

Student! Like most fans, hoping to become a LEGO designer and work with Jamie Berard and the team. :wub: But if I don't get a job at LEGO, I still want to do product design or something along the lines of that.

I'm an ex IT tech support, ex quality controller in engineering works and nowadays I'm a forklift operator loading trucks with empty beer (and soda) cans.

I've had few offers of office work/management work, but have so far refused as I want to do something else than talk on the phone and pull my hair because some mess of papers on my desk :D

I am a Quantity Surveyor in the Construction industry. The hours are crazy with daily hours put in up to 15hours.

I do hope my frequent "interaction" with buildings will help me more with my MOCs. :laugh:

I work for IT tech support in a french international enterprise. I've always wanted to work in informatics, and this enterprise is cool too, we get several advantages. It's always great to help the employees with their minor informatics problems. The challenge is to translate your IT tech language into their common human being language :tongue:

I've done several jobs before this one, but they were not satisfying (dishwasher, IT seller in a supermarket, fish vendor, workman in leather gloves factory and roquefort cheese factory, food warehouse manager, prefabricated houses assembler, etc). After all that I deceided to move in another city with more opportunities, to find a job I would appreciate to do.

This is me, but the "less-crazy" variant. :grin:

picEDC718E66903201C0E9E98D5C40751AA.jpg

Same here! :sweet:

I am a mass communications major, graduating in a year. My actual job is I own a tattoo shop and I am a professional body piercer with over 10 years experience.

Fancy pants engineer here.

I build statistical models of beer consumption.

I can imagine your job:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: then probably followed by a :sick: