Astromech Workplace Contest - The 93rd Floor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aescarion

aescarion

Member: 29063

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Hello everyone. These are some preliminary photographs of my entry for the Astromech Workplace contest. It is inspired by the scene in RotJ where Jabba uses R2-D2 to serve drinks on his barge. Such a humiliating fate is, sadly, all too common among the nightspots of the Imperial capital, Coruscant, as is the case for poor RU-18 in this diorama. When off-duty, he at least has the music droid M0-J0 to hang out with.

The hotshot mercenary Brock Laserchin is trying his moves on a fine lady. Unfortunately he's trying to chat up Scapula Thorne, an bounty hunter as beautiful as she is deadly, and she doesn't look too impressed with Brock's game so far. With M0-J0 on stage is the vocalist Blorgulon Splaaarg, much to the consternation of the barman Murke. There's nothing intoxicating on the menu for Imperial Pilot Chad Chadnerson, who is trying to wake up with some strong coffee ready for his evening shift.

Through the panoramic windows is a view of Coruscant's skyline. On viewscreens behind the bar are an advertisment for booze, an admonishment not to drink and fly (reading 'Fly Drunk, Fly Dead), and the ever-present Imperial propaganda (which reads simply 'OBEY').

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aside from the Imperial Pilot and his astromech from the V-Wing I am in the unusual position for an AFoL of not having any Star Wars minifigs. Until that is put right two aliens from Alien Conquest and a couple of collectable figs are standing in, along with a brick-built guitar-playing droid. The three screens behind the bar are made with tiles and custom decals.

The pictures are rather poor so I'm hoping to take some better ones with some more angles before the contest deadline, along with any tweaks to the MOC that might occur to me. I think this was a cool idea for a contest and I appreciated the way it made me focus on an idea and finish it.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to the 93rd Floor Bar,

Aescarion.

#2 Admiral-Ackbar

Admiral-Ackbar

Member: 24956

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

This MOC looks great! Hope it places in the contest. Hopefully with my -by comparison- terrible creation.
Lego:
Current favourite Minifigure: Imperial Officer (75055)
Current favourite set: Republic Gunship (75021)

Movies:
Currently playing the role of Lee, Security Guard, in Not Just a Murder Mystery
Award Winning Performances: Zachary Greenwood in Time Is Money, Earl in It Always Rains, But Sometimes its Sunny; Adam DeBlanc in Bullied 2; Mark Cowan in Key in the Door

#3 Obsidious

Obsidious

Member: 29294

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Nice job  :thumbup: Good luck in the contest!

#4 friedchikenfairy

friedchikenfairy

Member: 29283

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Wow :wub: This is just so win! It really looks like one of the bars for Coruscant's elite, and is really inverse to the dirty cantinas of Mos Eisley  :laugh: Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:
Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image

"Fried chicken just tend to make you feel better about life"
                                  -Minny Jackson

#5 sealslip3

sealslip3

Member: 18657

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Great work! I particularly like the stage area- very well done.

#6 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

This is really well done. I wish you would have been able/might still be able to make it bigger. I think this MOC on a 32x32x16 scale could win. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#7 Gubi0222

Gubi0222

Member: 29045

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

nice creation
good colors and  stickers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users