Kaliphlin Tower

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Not good at planning idiot cowboy parties

Member: 1043

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Come see it at Brickworld (all two of you from the upper mid-west who aren't already coming that is!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#2 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Looks very Kaliphlin  :thumbup:  The tan and light blue work great, and the round tower is impressive.
Lots of nice details on the ground as well.
I for one think it's great that you built a tower for each Guild so they are all represented  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, Watchman, Protector, Frost Berserker, Manager, Gatekeeper, and Strategic Heavy Weight in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Posted Image

#3 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am in awe at the rate you are pumping this builds out!  Well done and I have to say I think this might be my favorite of the towers you have done for Brickworld.

Love the details around the tower, the use of the tiles on the side.  Great use of color without making it look chaotic or "messy"

really have me wishing I could make the 15 hour trek to Chicago....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#4 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Not good at planning idiot cowboy parties

Member: 1043

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostMikeyB, on 13 June 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I am in awe at the rate you are pumping this builds out!  

This was the last, and I lost some sleep trying to get it done!  I had to become a bit of a recluse, but at least all four guilds will have something... though Avalonia will still be the most represented.

Well done and I have to say I think this might be my favorite of the towers you have done for Brickworld.

I think it is my favorite to a degree as well.  I am bringing Riverrun Watchtower as well and sadly it might be my least favorite.  Riverrun is on a 32 x 32 baseplate though, so it is the mightiest!

Love the details around the tower, the use of the tiles on the side.  Great use of color without making it look chaotic or "messy"

I borrowed the tower technique from another place, but I made a few MAJOR improvements to that design.  It is quite sturdy and something I will use in the future.  I KNEW I have to use the dark tan tiles because I have like 4 pick a brick cups of them, so I wanted to add some lighter colors and some different colors from the other builds to make this one unique.

really have me wishing I could make the 15 hour trek to Chicago....

me too  :cry_sad:

View Postsoccerkid6, on 13 June 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

I for one think it's great that you built a tower for each Guild so they are all represented  :classic:

darkdragon has a build for each guild as well, so hopefully every guild will be well represented.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#5 Umbro Stormborn

Umbro Stormborn

Member: 25652

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Great work on this, the tower looks very "Kaliphlin". But why Lannisters? Shouldn't they be Martells. :laugh:  Excellent use of the light blue to contrast with the dark tan.  Also, great use of that car canopy thing.  Despite the fact that BrickWorld starts today, and that I'm sure that you were working on other things as well, this doesn't look the slightest bit rushed. Keep up the great work.

#6 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

This one is also great, love the blue and the round design. I also saw it before but you say you've got a better way. Can you show a picture of it?

And from wich set are the dark red torso's? LOTR?

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#7 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Great build Z, thanks for representing Kaliphlin for us.  I'm probably the closest to Brickworld being in Southwest Michigan, yet I can't make it due to work.  Glad you could pick up the slack!

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Akhen-Kaliphlin

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#8 Umbro Stormborn

Umbro Stormborn

Member: 25652

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostEcclesiastes, on 13 June 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

This one is also great, love the blue and the round design. I also saw it before but you say you've got a better way. Can you show a picture of it?

And from wich set are the dark red torso's? LOTR?

The dark red torso with the blue circle in the middle is Eomer's torso, it comes with Uruk-Hai Army.

#9 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

You are producing mocs in record time! And they all looks great Z! That flag thing on top of the tower is just great! How did you attached those 2x2 tiles to the tower?

Great work!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users