10228 Haunted House

525 replies to this topic

#76 Writers Blocks

Writers Blocks

Member: 28999

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

This is beautiful! I've been trying to get excited about the Monster Fighters theme, but found it a bit gimmicky with the cyborg Van Helsing and stones to collect. But this. This! I'm so excited.

I can't wait to modify it for Christmas scenes.

#77 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

Member: 14134

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

I didn't even get to see the video, but this is without a doubt or risk of hyperbole, the greatest LEGO set ever made.

#78 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

This set is amazing. I specially like the zombie minifig. :thumbup:

#79 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostIAmWillGibson, on 10 June 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

I didn't even get to see the video, but this is without a doubt or risk of hyperbole, the greatest LEGO set ever made.
I would be inclined to agree with you. This is such a fantastic set, both inside and out.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#80 Omega X

Omega X

Member: 28372

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Wow! That strikes out Vampyre Castle! Definite Buy for me! Great Job Lego! :laugh:
  P.S. I've never seen so many members viewing a topic at one go! :wink:
  Omega X
  Mood: Very excited

Omega X
My first MOC is now available here!
My first review is already available in the RA hidden forum! Join the Reviewers Academy and learn the skills of becoming a great reviewer here!

#81 vriverajr3

vriverajr3

Member: 28359

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

"4" extra zombie heads!!!!!!!!! *oh2*  :cry_happy:
Posted Image

***MY TRADE THREAD***(CMF & Others)Now with series 11 and more

#82 Omega X

Omega X

Member: 28372

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

However, I have a few questions:

• Is this set exclusive?
  •    How much(In US dollars) does this great set cost?
  •    Has Lego ever created another set more awesome than this?!!
  Omega X

Omega X
My first MOC is now available here!
My first review is already available in the RA hidden forum! Join the Reviewers Academy and learn the skills of becoming a great reviewer here!

#83 GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1

Member: 23290

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

Holy wallet-drainer, Batman! This is an excellent set, definitly their best in quite a while. I love the new Frankenstein's monster and the zombie chef. If only if was in my budget... *cries on inside*
Confide in me
I'm your heart after all
Trust me to be true
I am a logic seeking group of electrons

#84 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostOmega X, on 10 June 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

However, I have a few questions:

• Is this set exclusive?
  •    How much(In US dollars) does this great set cost?
  •    Has Lego ever created another set more awesome than this?!!
  Omega X
Yes.
$180
Could be.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#85 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

Member: 17717

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've got a few ideas about this work of LEGO art. I still like the castle but after the purchase of the haunted house the castle purchase will most likely be second hand online without figures or vehicles. Also, I think it would be very cool to somehow build the haunted house with a basement for the laboratory. Definitely no need for the Ghost Train since we get three ghosts with the house. Damn I hate LEGO cause they find ways of making me part with so much money!!!!

#86 AndyC

AndyC

Member: 6485

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well that's an absolute must-buy, if ever there was one. Every time I look at it I see even more little details that just look amazing. It may already be THE set of 2012.
Posted Image

#87 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:09 AM

Absolutley fantastic set, I think it's the best set they've ever made (despite not being for a theme Im that into)

One of my favorite details is the deer skull over the bed.

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings

Posted Image

Petition to save lego LOTR here

#88 Flobnomdob

Flobnomdob

Member: 20208

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

When I look at this set, I get the feeling TLG is trying to keep people on CUUSOO with the minifigs. The chef's torso is a perfect purist option if you want to make Shaun of the Dead :devil: (You know, the Winchester project which they decided not to make) and the sheer amount of zombie heads and torso's in this suggest they don't want to deprive annoyed fans of getting the minifigs, by pretending bloodstains are spilt soup. :wink:

Another awesome thing about this set is that it's neither flesh-coloured nor yellow-skinned, as all the minifigs will be able to look fine (If you ignore their undead grossnes) next to any other minifig. :sweet:
My flickr-
Posted Image  Flobricks- a blog by me for interested people
Minotaurs rule! -Ahem- ...And Cyclops! And Medusa! And Yeti! And Unikitty!

All hail Flobnomdob!

#89 Yooha

Yooha

• Friends LDD MOCer Extraordinaire

Member: 15037

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Simply fantastic. But what are those droid arms above the bed, between the golden torches?

#90 TeufelHund

TeufelHund

Member: 15073

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Before I saw this set I was thinking about getting the Zombie set and the Vampire Castle but I may have to drop the castle now I've seen this (I prefer the ghosts to the manbats and the zombie chef is gold).

Also it is mercifully free of any of those ridculous cybernetic monster fighters despite being labelled a Monster Fighter set. The extra zombie heads are also useful.

Now where on earth am I going to put it!

Edited by TeufelHund, 10 June 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#91 TrumpetKing

TrumpetKing

• O type hirrobly

Member: 27420

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostYooha, on 10 June 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Simply fantastic. But what are those droid arms above the bed, between the golden torches?

Those arms are intended to be a deer skeleton, I believe.
Currently playing as Tiffany Knightley, drunken secretary, in Tamamono's Mafia Sunset

Isaac - FabuGirl - Trisha - TrumpetKing67 - Diane - Li'l TrumpetKing - Twatty Tittlesteen - Usurper - Tristan Kingsley - Mercutio Robertson - Terrence Knox - Cohost - Tumi "Tumius Aximus" - Mercutio Robertson the Sequel - Tiffany Knightley

#92 Cutty

Cutty

Member: 217

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

That's a neat set, really!
The Minifigs are fantastic, the overall structure and decoration wonderful, the use of parts is simply stunning...
...BUT!

That beauty is a little out of my price range, sadly... *tears*

Be well,
Cutty

Edited by Cutty, 10 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

This is Cutty. You are not Cutty. Not at all...

#93 mrklaw

mrklaw

Member: 14078

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostTrent, on 09 June 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Yes, I thought exactly the same - this is a very clever move by Lego.

They've made a set that crosses boundaries.  If you're an AFOL and interested in the modular houses, it's highly likely that you'll be interested in this model.  Sure, it's no modular house, but it's quirky and would complement any existing collection...I've already seen a few comments online about buying a few to make a neighbourhood on the dark side of the tracks to complement the modular buildings!  Alternatively, you could always buy a model and either renovate it into a modular, or convert it back into its former glory (so pre-Monster inhabitation!) or both.

If you buy it and love it, you're going to be more open to buying the other sets (and we all know how AFOLs can be completists), which you might not have considered before.

As for children, they've got a great 'Monster dolls house'.  It's a great target price for a BIG present and something for children to clamour for at Christmas/birthdays if they get the smaller sets on the line.  I also suspect that if children (particularly older ones, 10+) build the house and enjoy it, they'll look for other similar builds...and the modular line fits in wonderfully, opening up a whole new set of customers there too.  

Clever.  And the set is marvellous; can't wait to get one.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I don't care for the monster fighter theme at all,nut I'm a fan of modulars. As soon as I saw this I was thinking how to integrate it with my modulars. Like you say, it can be 'the scary house' that lots of neighbourhoods have when you're a kid, or renovate it. I probably won't turn it into a modular, I like the hinged approach, but I agree others will do that quickly.

#94 Larrynautik

Larrynautik

Member: 18122

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

I'm very impressed by this Haunted Mansion that has a perfect design quality. It's too bad that the video was made private, as a wanted to see the functionalities of this set. There's plenty of space inside the manor, however I think that the interior should have been worked more, as the rooms seems quite empty. The figs are great and the accessories too ! Definitely a big "Must Have" for me  :thumbup: Excellent job here  :classic:

#95 Fuppylodders

Fuppylodders

• Screaming Ju 88

Member: 23632

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

This set is also perfect for people like me who are starting to get Interested in house building but don't really know how to start. I can get this, se from its design how to build it and practice extending on it,. The set in itself is full of details. Anything more would only be accomplished by making your own to satisfy a personal requirement. TLG had to design this to cater to a huge variety of peoples ideas of a detailed haunted house.

For those that are currently thinking there isn't enough detail in this set, there will also be those that if this did have more detail, would think it is to crammed with far to much detail. As it is I think it is a perfect amount. The best thing about Lego? You can modify it. So add te extra detail yourself   :classic:
I think theprice is fine (for the UK)

#96 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

TLG has really been out-doing themselves recently, and this is definitely no exception!

#97 Darth Dino

Darth Dino

• Vigilant Spam Zapper

Member: 19736

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi

i have to thank at first those guys that posted the monster house in a "wrong" forum - i have  just never taken a look into the action forum ;)

For myself i am highly interested into the modular buildings, especially the GG, that is actually out of my price range because of the lot uncommon colors.

Therefore i highly welcome this 2k pieces set in sandgreen and lots of other useful colors: browns and greys.

For those that are really into this theme: Are the figs are unique to this set? If yes, someone like me that just needs a parts pack can sell the figs to make it cheaper! For sure i will buy this set if availabel! If you could sell the 6 figs for ~50€, i will be a just 100€ house in sandgreen!

Dino
The difference of men and boys is the price of their toys.

#98 peddi0027

peddi0027

Member: 21159

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Awesome set. Perfectly designed.

Lets see how to MOC a garden for the house. Spooky trees, a pond, the zombie crypt...

Edited by peddi0027, 10 June 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#99 KristofBD

KristofBD

Member: 6258

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I love how this house is packed with LEGO humor.   :laugh: The extra zombie heads are also very nice.  I think I like the record player the most, but overall I think TLG did a very nice job here: the atmosphere is just over the top creepiness!
Trouble is brewing...
                                                           Posted Image

#100 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

Member: 17717

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

View Postpeddi0027, on 10 June 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Awesome set. Perfectly designed.

Lets see how to MOC a garden for the house. Spooky trees, a pond, the zombie crypt...

Pond! I hadn't thought about that. Far out back past the crypt...just where the creature will dwell...waiting.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users