The Eurobricks Star Wars Forum is proud to announce an exciting new contest!
Everyone likes those cute little astromech droids, with their robotic speech and movements. However, in the Star Wars movies, we have not seen the astromech droid in action very often. In this contest, your objective is to create a workplace for an astromech droid (or multiple astromech droids). This workplace could be anything: a hangar, a large capital ship, or even a futuristic hotel. Anything where an astromech droid could do what it does best is acceptable for this contest.
- Contest will run from June 6th to August 6th. Entries must be posted by midnight GMT on August 6th. Entries posted after this deadline will not be accepted.
- All entries must contain at least one astromech droid. In the case that you do not have an astromech droid minifigure, brick-built astromech droids will also be accepted.
- Entries must be at least somewhat based on Star Wars. However, this does not mean that entries must be something directly from the Star Wars franchise. New places, ships, and other ideas are all acceptable.
- There is no size limit for this competition.
- One entry per member.
- All entries must be new creations that have not been posted anywhere prior to the contest's start.
- All entries must include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
- Decals and custom minifigures and accessories (Brickarms, Brickforge) are allowed, but modifying parts is not allowed.
- Entries are to be posted in the Watto's Junkyard sub forum of the Star Wars forum.
- To enter your MOC, create a new thread in Watto's Junkyard with the title labeled Astromech Workplace Contest: followed by the name of the entry. For example, Astromech Workplace Contest: R2-D2's Hangar
- Post pictures no larger than 800 x 600
- All entry threads are considered WIPs (work in progress), which means that you can make improvements to your MOC up until the final deadline.
The five highest vote-getters will each win a fantastic set of astromech droids!
One each of:
Droid Set Picture:
In addition, we have more prizes for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place winners!
The first place winner will be awarded a brand-new sealed 10225 UCS R2-D2.
Admiral Big Cam has donated a brand-new sealed TC-14 minifigure that will be awarded to the 2nd place winner. Thanks Big Cam!
3rd place and 4th place:
WhiteFang has been kind enough to donate a Darth Vader keychain for the 3rd and 4th place winners.
In case that is confusing, here is a simpler prize explanation:
1st place: UCS R2-D2 + Set of 15 droids
2nd place: TC-14 + Set of 15 droids
3rd place: Darth Vader Keychain + Set of 15 droids
4th place: Darth Vader Keychain + Set of 15 droids
5th place: Set of 15 droids
Feel free to ask questions, but please read the rules carefully first, as your question might have already been answered.
Thanks, have fun, and good luck!