Assembling the Horde

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Member: 4341

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hello guys, I'm happy to bring you the latest chapter to my rise of the Mage story!

You'll notice the major models are reused from the Challenge 4 prelude, and such is the nature of trying to build for 2 stories at the same time. The meaning of the scenes is quite different in this story however; I encourage you to give it a read if you have some time; it's a bit lengthy but it's the most telling and interesting chapter to date in terms of story.  :wink:

Story is here --> MOCPages

And here are a few notable pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As always I appreciate hearing your thoughts on these! Cheers, and thanks for reading!  :wink:

~ S-o-T
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#2 Brickadeer

Brickadeer

• Bothan Spy #5

Member: 14963

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Storywise, I like it much better than chapter 8, which, to me, was the weakest chapter so far. I still have no clue how the story will end, so I'd like pretty much to continue with chapter 10 right now  :classic:

The builds and minifigures are brilliant. The orc fortress is beautiful, and so is the view on the capital city.

#3 kabel

kabel

• lower case

Member: 6745

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

stunning as always, and quite a bit to read. I really like the orc fortress the best!
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet

Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

The story is riveting as always  :thumbup:
The micro scale fortress looks great, and the dark elf figures work wonderfully!
The orc ruins are stunning, especially the angled wall connecting the two towers  :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next chapter  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Thanks guys, just two more chapters left till the end. :wink:

Thanks for reading, as always!
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#6 Jakon

Jakon

Member: 23492

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostSirens-Of-Titan, on 04 June 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Thanks guys, just two more chapters left till the end. :wink:

Thanks for reading, as always!
Wow, I can't wait for the next chapter, the story is woven masterfully, one day I wish to do this as well.
Lord Jakon Rytight
Leader of the Iron Rangers, Frost Berserker
Founder of the Frozen Peaks Trading company
Posted Image

#7 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa

Member: 14331

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Great work. The builds and the story are very exciting. Like everyone else, I'd love to see the whole thing compiled (with photos) into one book document. It's all very epic. :classic:

#8 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Wow, just wow.
Please keep them coming. :cry_happy:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 04 June 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Great work. The builds and the story are very exciting. Like everyone else, I'd love to see the whole thing compiled (with photos) into one book document. It's all very epic. :classic:
I agree. That way I can catch up on the whole thing! :laugh: If you do compile it all, PDF please! :tongue: That'd be great.  :wub_drool: :moar:

Posted Image

#10 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 05 June 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

I agree. That way I can catch up on the whole thing! :laugh: If you do compile it all, PDF please! :tongue: That'd be great.  :wub_drool: :moar:

I have been asked by a lot of folks to do this, so I may just do it once the story is done.  :wink: Thanks for reading!
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#11 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I can sit for hours just looking at all the great details you put in every scene. Don´t you ever get tired of a moc and rush it? Cause in every single moc you have it looks like it´s built to perfection! Love it!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#12 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Postde Gothia, on 05 June 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

I can sit for hours just looking at all the great details you put in every scene. Don´t you ever get tired of a moc and rush it? Cause in every single moc you have it looks like it´s built to perfection! Love it!

I do rush sometimes; and them I'm internally unhappy with myself. That's why it takes me so long to build; if it doesn't look good I just keep refining and refining until it does. An example of a rushed model is this:

Posted Image

As you can see; very crude, nothing special in terms of layout, and tons of ugly studs showing...  :tongue:
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#13 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

View Postde Gothia, on 05 June 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

That is totally me. I spend tons of hours on the first few things, and then rush the end in a big way. Like my challenge 3 entry - totally rushed the walls of the cavern at the end.

BTW, SoT, great MOCs and wonderful story. Keep up the great work. You should totally make a book out of it and self-publish.  I'm sure you could get help from all of us in GoH if there are tasks you don't feel comfortable with.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#14 Direlda

Direlda

Member: 28992

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Your story is very interesting (I just read through the whole thing!) and is providing me with motivation to work on my MOC skills so that I can eventually do something like this.  I would love to be able to capture scenes from my novel-in-progress in Lego!

Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to seeing the next chapter! ^.^
Wymond the Fox of Mitgardia
Posted Image
Direlda's Den: where the storytelling kitsune resides!

#15 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just like always, a really interesting story!!!! You just can't stop reading to take a break to eat something! :sweet:

I really like how you put those microscale things in your MOC to show a building far away :classic:

2 questions:

Where do we have to situate Leon in Historica? I always thought the father of Jason is our High King...

And to all Avalonians:

Great job: hunting down Drow because they are a threat to Historica in your eyes, while there are many Avalonians who rebel against the High King theirself...
"Avalonians will join the fight as well, when the hour of battle comes.�"

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#16 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostDaMaximus, on 06 June 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Just like always, a really interesting story!!!! You just can't stop reading to take a break to eat something! :sweet:

I really like how you put those microscale things in your MOC to show a building far away :classic:

2 questions:

Where do we have to situate Leon in Historica? I always thought the father of Jason is our High King...

And to all Avalonians:

Great job: hunting down Drow because they are a threat to Historica in your eyes, while there are many Avalonians who rebel against the High King theirself...
"Avalonians will join the fight as well, when the hour of battle comes.�"

That is a very interesting question! Nobody has asked about that before.  :grin:  

In truth, the story takes place in a type of alternative universe where The Guilds exist but are not situated around Cerdica but around the kingdom of Leon. It's the best device I had for explaining what the heck Asparuh and friends were doing in my Mitgardian MOC's. It wasn't planned this way but it mostly works. I mimicked good fantasy novels, so geography is broad enough for people to just say "yeah that makes sense", but not to draw a detailed map.

The other thing is; the not all of the members of the MOCpages crowd who read my story and comment on it are aware of GoH, so I put Guild "Easter eggs" in there to entertain the ones who are. For the rest, "Avalonia" is just a neat sounding made-up Kingdom.
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#17 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostSirens-Of-Titan, on 06 June 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

That is a very interesting question! Nobody has asked about that before. :grin:

In truth, the story takes place in a type of alternative universe where The Guilds exist but are not situated around Cerdica but around the kingdom of Leon. It's the best device I had for explaining what the heck Asparuh and friends were doing in my Mitgardian MOC's. It wasn't planned this way but it mostly works. I mimicked good fantasy novels, so geography is broad enough for people to just say "yeah that makes sense", but not to draw a detailed map.

The other thing is; the not all of the members of the MOCpages crowd who read my story and comment on it are aware of GoH, so I put Guild "Easter eggs" in there to entertain the ones who are. For the rest, "Avalonia" is just a neat sounding made-up Kingdom.

:thumbup:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#18 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

Great builds and story SoT!  I saw it as the Prelude to Challenge 4 here, then on MOCpages as the story of Asparuh.  Now, here it is in proper form as well!  I love all the incarnations of it!  Plus, the 'easter eggs' have been fun to notice while reading on MOCpages.

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users