Modular Madness: Walled City Garden

14 replies to this topic

#1 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image B-OM-21A

I was building Market Street and decided to scrap the market part of that (since I already have Green Grocer) and turn it into a garden instead.  I haven't really done anything with gardens yet (other than small ones with my houses), so thought this would be a fun category.  

Posted Image

The garden has caught the eye of a little girl wandering past, and she is intrigued by what lies beyond the gates.

Posted Image

We have a small pine tree, bird bath, two beds of flowers (one raised), a weeping willow tree, and a few ground flowers beneath that.

Posted Image

The other side of the garden holds table and chairs for relaxing, some ivy growing on the wall, a larger pine, and the owners' access door.

Posted Image

The back alley isn't as well-kept; the pavement is breaking up, and a tree root is starting to poke through the wall.  There's a receptacle for garden clippings as well.

Posted Image

Link to brickshelf folder with more views... My link

Edited by slovakiasteph, 24 June 2012 - 03:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 vriverajr3

vriverajr3

Member: 28359

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

really cool man. i really like the colors of the floor pattern
Posted Image

***MY TRADE THREAD***(CMF & Others)Now with series 11 and more

#3 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Very nice. I like the walls, and the ground tiling is good. I think you should turn the green door and black frame around, or else the knob would hit the building next to it :wink:

#4 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Very cool little garden. Nice layout of it all too, the floor is laid out in a good pattern. I like how the rear is just a rundown alleyway, nice touch. :thumbup: The perimeter is a bit closed off though. Aside from the iron gate in front, there's no real way to see inside, I suppose Mr.(or Missus) Green thumb is rather private. I like how you topped of the top of the wall, goes with the ornateness( :wacko:) of the gate.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Quite nice looking garden 'slovakiasteph', a Victorian-period idea and it looks Victorian-period too.....cool garden/patio setting ! :thumbup:
Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

The way you arranged the flowers work well, and the table with chairs is a nice touch  :thumbup:
Good texturing on the wall too  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#7 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

Member: 8984

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

I think it looks great. The competition in this contest is going to be brutal.
-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#8 LegoJalex

LegoJalex

Member: 28903

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

What a nice garden! Looks cosy inside :)

#9 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

It's a very good idea and a nice build - and my favourite detail is that tree root breaking through the back wall. That's realism!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#10 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks, everyone!  I had a lot of fun with this build!

View Postprateek, on 02 June 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Very nice. I like the walls, and the ground tiling is good. I think you should turn the green door and black frame around, or else the knob would hit the building next to it :wink:

:)  I played around with that door so much... first used the round-top "castle" doors, then a brick built, but they were too large.  This one barely fits, but I might turn it around anyway.

View PostLegocrazy81, on 02 June 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Very cool little garden. Nice layout of it all too, the floor is laid out in a good pattern. I like how the rear is just a rundown alleyway, nice touch. :thumbup: The perimeter is a bit closed off though. Aside from the iron gate in front, there's no real way to see inside, I suppose Mr.(or Missus) Green thumb is rather private. I like how you topped of the top of the wall, goes with the ornateness( :wacko:) of the gate.

By the perimeter being closed off, I assume you mean the walls?  This is a private garden (I thought it was too open because of the big gate!), but the walls on the side don't matter because it's surrounded by modulars on either side.

Ornateness is a good word.   :wink:

#11 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Nice garden. :laugh:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#12 streifen

streifen

Member: 6375

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

nice little garden! Plenty of features in a small space... :thumbup:

By the way, where is that green door leading to? This is the Secret Garden (a book I read when I was still small many many years ago)?  :laugh:

oh...and come on...be nice, let the girl enter the garden.  :laugh:

Edit: read above that the door leads to owners' home.

Edited by streifen, 06 June 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

#13 gotoAndLego

gotoAndLego

Member: 8984

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

View Poststreifen, on 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

By the way, where is that green door leading to? This is the Secret Garden (a book I read when I was still small many many years ago)?  :laugh:

This MOC is FAR less exciting than "My Secret Garden" was for me as a boy.  :grin:

I went to art school in Savannah, GA, and this really captures the feel of those private gardens in the historic district.

Edited by gotoAndLego, 06 June 2012 - 03:57 PM.

-----
Please support my Lego Cuusoo projects:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FLICKr

#14 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Poststreifen, on 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

nice little garden! Plenty of features in a small space... :thumbup:

oh...and come on...be nice, let the girl enter the garden.  :laugh:

Edit: read above that the door leads to owners' home.

I loved The Secret Garden when I was young.  Yes, I did have that in mind when I created this... seems every garden I saw that I really wanted to get into wasn't accessible to me!

#15 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

Member: 23488

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

That's a great garden. It actually looks sort of secret and definitely private, which is a plus for the owner. As it has everything one needs, it's just sweet and perfect.   :classic: Good luck in the contest!
Flickr!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users