The Shield is a good idea, but perhaps slightly unimpressive, how about counterstriking any enemy that would have done damage (to anyone that round)? I think that would make it a bit more interesting, perhaps?
I don't like the miss roll, it's very unimpressive, a level 30 Juggernaut would only gain 10 Health, that is not very good, really... Perhaps something that increases his defense or offense for the next round would be better, just throwing ideas around.
For the rest it's cool, I hope you keep working on it.
That's... how the shield was meant to work, actually. He is supposed to counterstrike for everyone, gonna change it to say that.
Changed the Breif respite to half of the level instead of a third. It isn't huge, but it atleast gives a small benefit for missing.
Switched Track Down to Full Respite.
These hulking tanks hold rein over the battlefield.
Additional health: +13
Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.
Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Full Respite: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky next round. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.
Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.
1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.
2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.
3. Hit The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)
4. Brief Moment of Respite: Unable to effectively strike their foe, the Juggernaut instead takes a brief respite, restoring health equal to their level divided by 2, rounded up.
5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)
6. Special Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the opponent's special attack.
Edited by Endgame, 26 September 2012 - 12:13 PM.