Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

1035 replies to this topic

#276 Endgame

Endgame

• [u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

Member: 20312

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Scubacarrot, on 25 September 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

I like the idea, but I have some criticism, yes. Track Down: I don't see how it fits with the class, per se? Combat Evaluation is REALLY powerful. It's basically a free in-battle consumable. :sceptic: I would change it.

The Shield is a good idea, but perhaps slightly unimpressive, how about counterstriking any enemy that would have done damage (to anyone that round)? I think that would make it a bit more interesting, perhaps?

I don't like the miss roll, it's very unimpressive, a level 30 Juggernaut would only gain 10 Health, that is not very good, really... Perhaps something that increases his defense or offense for the next round would be better, just throwing ideas around.

For the rest it's cool, I hope you keep working on it. :thumbup:
You'd only get the effect for 1 round (forgot to specify it) so you essentially slow yourself for positive effects.

That's... how the shield was meant to work, actually. :blush: He is supposed to counterstrike for everyone, gonna change it to say that.

Changed the Breif respite to half of the level instead of a third. It isn't huge, but it atleast gives a small benefit for missing.

Switched Track Down to Full Respite.
Juggernaut
These hulking tanks hold rein over the battlefield.
Additional health: +13
Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.
Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Full Respite: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky next round. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.
Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.

3. Hit The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Brief Moment of Respite: Unable to effectively strike their foe, the Juggernaut instead takes a brief respite, restoring health equal to their level divided by 2, rounded up.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

6. Special Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the opponent's special attack.

Edited by Endgame, 26 September 2012 - 12:13 PM.

Participating as Sorrow in Heroica RPG: http://www.eurobrick...0
Also playing as Lynne in Heroic RPG: http://www.eurobrick...00#entry1983436
Currently hosting Quest #105: Eternal Reaper
And finally, plaing as Edward Grey in Red Menace Mafia.

#277 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Vee three. Changed the miss roll to "Rally Cry" and gave the Juggernaut a bit more of a HP boost.

Juggernaut
Additional health: +14
Weapons: Juggernauts can use Axes, Halberds, Great Swords, Long Swords, Spears, and Shields.
Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Full Respite: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut can evaluate the battlefield, stunning him for that round but also gets either Encouraged, Hastened, or Lucky next round. The Juggernaut will have to specify which effect they want if they decide to evaluate.
Battle Style: Crushing: The Juggernaut seeks to plow through it's foes, but will also protect it's allies when the need arises.

1. Shield: Stand your Ground: The Juggernaut goes into a sentinel position, defending the entire party from physical harm next round. While in this stance, the Juggernaut and everyone under his protection is Counterstriking.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak next round.

3. Hit: The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Rally Cry: The Juggernaut makes a short yet touching rallying speech. All heroes have a 1 in 3 chance of being Encouraged next round.

5. Damage: The Juggernaut is struck by the enemy's attack. the power of their shield weakens the blow. (60 damage - 20 SP = 40 damage)

Thoughts?

I just realized Posion ivy had also made a Juggernuat class back on page 1... :blush:

Edited by Endgame, 26 September 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#278 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

It's not bad. Simplistic, but based entirely around strength, like a more controlled Berserker.

Health should be +15, no reason a class based around offense/defense should have a lower bonus than both Dragoon and Beast Warrior. Full Respite should be renamed, there's already a job trait with that effect and it's called Restoration. Combat Evaluation is interesting, but kind of odd. I would replace/combine it with Rallying Cry, and combine that with Brief Moment of Respite to something like

4. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut takes a moment to regain strength and prepare for the coming fight. The Juggernaut is Encouraged for the next 3 rounds.

...And then you have an open Job Trait slot, but I wouldn't put in Track Down, like Scuba said, it doesn't make much sense. Also, the Weakened-effect should last for 3 rounds.

Other than that, I like it.  :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie, 27 September 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#279 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Tanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Juggernaut
Additional health: +15
Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Restoration: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Strong Willed: The Juggernaut does not succumb to mind games, and is immune to Hexed, Confused, and Afraid.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak for the next 3 rounds.

3. Hit: The Juggernaut attacks with strength equal to their Weapon power added to their level. (15+30=45 damage)

4. Combat Evaluation: The Juggernaut evaluates the battlefield, looking to utilize it to his advantage. Enourages himself for 3 rounds.

The Juggernuat is now strong-willed.

Any better?

#280 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Yes, but I don't think natural effects, or natural immunities to effects, are much good, it makes a lot of artifacts kind of useless.

#281 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

Protective: The Juggernaut ducks down in front of a hero. The Juggernaut is stunned, but his SP is added to the hero he is guarding. Additionally, the guarded hero is made more confident by the Juggernaut's protection, causing them to Counterstrike that round.

Better? :sweet:

#282 posades

posades

• Unknown Entity +9999

Member: 4353

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Where's the sign up sheet for Winged Warrior?  :tongue:  And I wonder, is this a sign of a future Rito-centric quest....

Per aspera ad astra.

Xander Unth'or, lv 30 Hunter - Heroica RPG

#283 JimBee

JimBee

• Bubbler

Member: 2436

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

posades, on 27 September 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Where's the sign up sheet for Winged Warrior?  :tongue:  And I wonder, is this a sign of a future Rito-centric quest....
Hmm, I wonder...  Well, there's no chance until Sandy approves the class.  :tongue:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG

Currently playing Jerry Bergeron in Red Menace Mafia
Stats | Bio

#284 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I hope I have enough time on the weekend to go over these classes. So please be patient.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#285 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Member: 21005

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Endgame, how about something like this: Every hero fighting on the same row as the Juggernaut, is protected by the Juggernaut's SP as well, as long as it is not higher than their own SP (it does not stack).

I don't like roll four, how about changing it to this: The Juggernaut braces him or herself, and the next three times the Juggernaut takes damage, that damage is halved.

Posted Image

#286 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Scubacarrot, on 27 September 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Endgame, how about something like this: Every hero fighting on the same row as the Juggernaut, is protected by the Juggernaut's SP as well, as long as it is not higher than their own SP (it does not stack).

I don't like roll four, how about changing it to this: The Juggernaut braces him or herself, and the next three times the Juggernaut takes damage, that damage is halved.

Both sound pretty similar to Skirmisher, though.

#287 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

CallMePie, on 27 September 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Both sound pretty similar to Skirmisher, though.

I would not know, I can't find the latest Skirmisher info anywhere. :sceptic: Although I think they are things that fit the class, and could make it (along with warden) a genuine Tank class.

Posted Image

#288 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Scubacarrot, on 27 September 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

I would not know, I can't find the latest Skirmisher info anywhere. :sceptic: Although I think they are things that fit the class, and could make it (along with warden) a genuine Tank class.

It's in the training room.

You do have a point. Whereas Skirmisher's a more defensive-based tank with offensive buffs, Juggernaut seems to be the opposite. Offensive rolls, but with a defensive buff could be interesting. Still, the whole team having a Juggernaut's SP could be potentially game-breaking. What if Docken was one?  :laugh:

Protective: The Juggernaut may choose to share its SP with any hero in the same row.

Does that sound balanced?

#289 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I like the sound of that, I'll have a revised version up later. :grin:

#290 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

CallMePie, on 27 September 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

It's in the training room.

You do have a point. Whereas Skirmisher's a more defensive-based tank with offensive buffs, Juggernaut seems to be the opposite. Offensive rolls, but with a defensive buff could be interesting. Still, the whole team having a Juggernaut's SP could be potentially game-breaking. What if Docken was one? :laugh:

Protective: The Juggernaut may choose to share its SP with any hero in the same row.

Does that sound balanced?

Too complicated what you are suggesting, and traits are supposed to be passive things. And don't think it's that game-breaking the way I suggested it, it's something to take into account, but remember it's only the same row. :wink:

Posted Image

#291 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Scubacarrot, on 27 September 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Too complicated what you are suggesting, and traits are supposed to be passive things. And don't think it's that game-breaking the way I suggested it, it's something to take into account, but remember it's only the same row. :wink:
I believe Healing and Spellcasting are traits, and they aren't psssive... :look:

#292 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Endgame, on 27 September 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

I believe Healing and Spellcasting are traits, and they aren't psssive... :look:

They are complicated. :wink:

Posted Image

#293 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Scubacarrot, on 27 September 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

They are complicated. :wink:
...How so? :wacko: If the cleric and mage can have that, I can't see why the Juggernaut couldn't.

#294 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Endgame, on 27 September 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

...How so? :wacko: If the cleric and mage can have that, I can't see why the Juggernaut couldn't.

That's just Scuba's style, I like Pie's suggestion just fine.  Job traits by no means HAVE to be passive (Flee, anyone?).

May be slightly depressed.
Posted Image & Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 33.75 Dragoon, 22-year-old male Human???  & Miirym, 0-year-old female Dragon hatchling in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#295 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Flipz, on 27 September 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

That's just Scuba's style, I like Pie's suggestion just fine.  Job traits by no means HAVE to be passive (Flee, anyone?).

Right. At worst, it could be changed to The Juggernaut shares its SP with the weakest hero fighting in the same row.

#296 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Scubacarrot, on 27 September 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

It's in the first post of the Training Room:

Posted Image

Specifically, Pie's talking about the fourth roll, which allows the Skirmisher to share his SP with the rest of the party during the next Round, and the Shield roll, which allows the Skirmisher to halve all Damage taken by the party for the next three Rounds.

Scuba's proposed abilities would be weaker, since the SP wouldn't stack and the Damage-halving would only affect the Juggernaut, not the rest of the party as well, but I think that those are too powerful to be Traits. I like Pie's suggestion for protecting the weakest hero or choosing which hero to protect as a Trait, but I like Scuba's suggestions better for a new fourth roll.

#297 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Juggernaut
Additional health: +15
Job Traits: Intimidate: see Black Knight. Restoration: Juggernauts recieve full health after every battle. Protective: The Juggernaut's SP is automatically added to the hero with the lowest HP. If all heroes have the same HP, nothing happens.

2. Massive Strike: The Juggernaut attacks the enemy full-force, doing damage equal to their Weapon Power times 3 plus their level. (15x3=45+30=75 damage) and also makes their opponent Weak for the next 3 rounds.

4. Brace for Impact: The Juggernaut readies himself for the next blow. The next damage or Special Damage he takes is divided by 4.

Better?  :blush:

Edited by Endgame, 02 October 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#298 Flipz

Flipz

• Treason didn't work for him

Member: 22657

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

doing damage equal to their level times 3 plus their level

You mean Weapon Power times 3 plus their level, right? :wink:  (This is from Massive Strike.)

I'd still say the Jeggernaut should be able to choose which Hero is protected by the SP; that way, it's a level of strategy that can be handled on the player side rather than the QM side. :wink:

May be slightly depressed.
Posted Image & Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 33.75 Dragoon, 22-year-old male Human???  & Miirym, 0-year-old female Dragon hatchling in Sandy's Heroica RPG!
[STATS]

#299 Endgame

Endgame

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Flipz, on 02 October 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

You mean Weapon Power times 3 plus their level, right? :wink:  (This is from Massive Strike.)

I'd still say the Jeggernaut should be able to choose which Hero is protected by the SP; that way, it's a level of strategy that can be handled on the player side rather than the QM side. :wink:
Yep, whoops. :blush:

That seems almost OP to me, but I'll see what other people have to say.

Edited by Endgame, 02 October 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#300 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

• Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me

Member: 10643

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Everyone, with my Croise trilogy almost over, I want to have an advanced class for a reward. But where to start? I don't have any ideas. :sadnew:  So should I have a rebellious Fraternity class, a Croise Class, or a Charis Guard class?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users