MOC: Slovak modular

5 replies to this topic

#1 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

Posted Image B-RM-07E

This modular was inspired by a building in my Slovak town of Lučenec.  Here's a pic of the original building, with a view of the back as well (ignore the tower behind it, that's the hotel next door.  This building is about three doors down from the modular hotel I posted earlier this week).

Posted Image

I also built it as a "city-type" building when I built my Slovak town, which is closer to the original:
Posted Image

Since it was built in 1937, it's not too far off from the Fire Brigade (and I put it next to that and the yellow, also more modern, modular I built).  I took a few more liberties in straying from the original here since I couldn't get it to look right with the windows I have.

Posted Image

I'm still not happy with the 2nd floor windows on the left, but my placement was restricted by the shower curtain inside.

I think my favorite view is from the back:
Posted Image
(I ran out of a few red 1x1 bricks and substituted round ones... they'll be replaced).

First floor, with front hall, stairs, living room, dining room, and kitchen:
Posted Image

A view of the living room with a couch, chair, and plant; and dining room.
Posted Image

Kitchen under the stairs!  Looks cozy!
Posted Image

Second floor, with hall, master bedroom, and bathroom:
Posted Image

Master bedroom:
Posted Image
You can't see it in the pictures, but there's a row of clear bricks that lets light in between the two rooms.

Bathroom, with shower and curtain, sprayer from the sink, toilet, and washing machine.  I wanted a separated bathroom, but there wasn't space.
Posted Image

Third floor, with bed/couch, table and desk with light, and TV.  There's also a lounge on the patio.
Posted Image

If anyone has suggestions for the second floor left-hand windows, let me know!  I can't raise them any higher because of the shower curtain, but there might be an alternate configuration I haven't tried.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Very nice modular you have there 'slovakiasteph', I like the shower curtain and the tiled floors. :thumbup:
I hope there are more like these coming......Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

#3 Ardelon

Ardelon

Member: 20239

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I really like the interiors that you make for your MOCs, they give them an authentic dimension, like a dollhouse.

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Good work on the windows  :thumbup:  And the interiors are excellent, I think the kitchen is my favorite part  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 vriverajr3

vriverajr3

Member: 28359

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

i like how clean and simple the outside looks but as soon as i looked at the inside it was anything but simple. i liked your different tiled areas. shower curtain was a good idea. the inside all together was just amazing :thumbup:
Posted Image

#6 slovakiasteph

slovakiasteph

Member: 19109

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 02 June 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

Very nice modular you have there 'slovakiasteph', I like the shower curtain and the tiled floors. :thumbup:
I hope there are more like these coming......Brick On 'slovakiasteph' ! :classic:

Unfortunately, to build anything else, I think I'll have to take apart what I've built so far!

View PostArdelon, on 03 June 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

I really like the interiors that you make for your MOCs, they give them an authentic dimension, like a dollhouse.

I always loved miniatures and dollhouses as a girl, so it's not surprising that that's carried over to LEGO.

View Postsoccerkid6, on 04 June 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Good work on the windows  :thumbup:  And the interiors are excellent, I think the kitchen is my favorite part  :classic:

I love that kitchen, too!  Although I'm not sure I'd want to cook in it!  :D

View Postvriverajr3, on 04 June 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

i like how clean and simple the outside looks but as soon as i looked at the inside it was anything but simple. i liked your different tiled areas. shower curtain was a good idea. the inside all together was just amazing :thumbup:

Thanks!  And, had to use my fabric pieces somehow.   :classic:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users