Training Grounds

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

With all the talk of trouble with Drow or something even worse Sir Glorfindel wants to be ready. He has started a vigorous training program for his men.
Here they are split into two teams, one trying to break the gates with a battering ram while being supported by archers behind mantlets. The other defending the wall/gates.

I used some SNOTed tiles in the wall this time, and the battering ram actually works very well.

Posted Image

All C&C appreciated  :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6, 07 June 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2 Damaximus

Damaximus

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Nice ram :)

They are certainly well-protected your men :)
Now I remember why I designed my Gatehouse against all common constructionrules :laugh: But that will be for July... :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#3 Siercon and Coral

Siercon and Coral

• King and Queen of the Iron Throne

Member: 17453

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I think it's easy for many of us to think that you need to plate or tile a moc in order to get this snow effect. At least I generally assumed you needed to on stuff other than the ground. Fabulous job showing how white 'Snow' bricks can be incorporated into things other than the ground :) It works especially well with that log pattern.

Edited by Siercon and Coral, 30 May 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Posted ImageYou found the magic invisible script! :D Posted Image

...................................Visit our Flickr! :)..........................................................................................Heroica RPG Stats.........

#4 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

@DaMaximus: Thanks  :laugh:  Looking forward to seeing your gatehouse.

@Siercon and Coral: Thank you, I was very pleased with how the snow effect on the roof came out myself  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#5 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

I just love that ram! Great minifig posing and nice liitle wall!

The arrows shoot during this training has cotton ends?  :wink:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#6 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

@de Gothia: No... just blunted :tongue:   :laugh:  I'm glad you like the ram  :classic:

#7 jFox

jFox

Member: 25003

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Love those mantlets (and today I learned they have a name). Always like seeing little defensive structures such as these in people's work. Good job!

#8 Damaximus

Damaximus

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 30 May 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

@DaMaximus: Thanks :laugh: Looking forward to seeing your gatehouse.

@Siercon and Coral: Thank you, I was very pleased with how the snow effect on the roof came out myself :classic:

It is based on the design of the wall I got :)

Will be something like this: 24*48 (base) and 45 bricks heigh :) But first I will make it in LDD, so probably it will change a bit :) It will also depend on what deals I can find on bricklink as the PaB's here in Europe are a rarity :cry_sad:

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#9 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostjFox, on 30 May 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Love those mantlets (and today I learned they have a name). Always like seeing little defensive structures such as these in people's work. Good job!

Thanks  :classic:  I though they made a nice addition to the scene.

@DaMaximus: Hope you can find some good deals  :classic:

#10 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Good work man.

I like that you incorporated the snow this time!

I like the mantlets.  Yours are so small and cute, in a good way.  for jFox, secret mantlets.

The ram is cool, but a critique if I may... how do you move it into place?  Normally one with a roof like that allow those on the inside to touch the ground, and push the ram while being protected from projectiles.  Just a thought.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#11 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

@ZCerberus: Thanks, you were definitely right about the snow  :thumbup:  I'm glad you like the mantlets, I was trying to make them as small as possible and still be functional. Good point about moving the ram... I guess they can just push from the back  :laugh:

#12 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Very cool! your wall tecnique now that I have seen it a few times is superb, as is you ram :wub:
keep up the good work!
=Dangerous Dave=

#13 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Legonardo  :classic:

#14 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

Nice array of war machines you are putting together!:thumbup:

Btw thanks for training my Knights of Aslan! :wink: I've been too busy adventuring and haven't had the time to battle train them so its good they get to practice with your soldiers.:sweet:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

@Mikel Kalores: Yes we will be quite ready for any trouble  :devil:  I think you need to read the description again, they are just wearing different color uniforms for the practice, like soccer teams scrimmage  :wink:

#16 Mike S

Mike S

Member: 26273

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 01 June 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

@Mikel Kalores: Yes we will be quite ready for any trouble  :devil:  I think you need to read the description again, they are just wearing different color uniforms for the practice, like soccer teams scrimmage  :wink:

Yes I did read the description... that was just a lame joke lol :laugh:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

I thought maybe, but it's hard to tell  :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users