Jump to content


FrostBite Keep


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Umbro Stormborn

Umbro Stormborn

    Posts: 30
    Joined: 05-February 12
    Member: 25652

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

These are entries to the Mitgardian "Defenses" Challenge. Protecting the realm from the Drow threat in the Frozen Beyond, the keep defends against the ghastly undead that the Drow in the North have created.
Here's the link to the pictures: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/325578

Sorry about the photo quality. I'll get better pictures up soon, I didn't have much time today.

Edited by Umbro Stormborn, 28 May 2012 - 04:28 AM.


#2 Maxim I

Maxim I

  • Hippy kicker


    Posts: 2175
    Joined: 30-November 11
    Member: 22634
    Country: Kaliphlanders

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostUmbro Stormborn, on 28 May 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

These are entries to the Mitgardian "Defenses" Challenge. Protecting the realm from the Drow threat in the Frozen Beyond, the keep defends against the ghastly undead that the Drow in the North have created.
Here's the link to the pictures: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/325578

Sorry about the photo quality. I'll get better pictures up soon, I didn't have much time today.

I was really surprised by this!! Very detailed!

Mitgardia has a new really good builder, so congratz!

I also like the GoT-elements you put in it :laugh:


one side-note:
Not every evil creature in Historica is made by the Drow :laugh: many of those dark spieces were wandering all-over Historica even before the Druids and Drow arrived here :classic:
The undeads (the mummies) here in Kaliphlin for example have absolute nothing to do with the Drow.

Lord Damaximus of Mpya Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!
Also sometimes Lord Max Samu of Everlast, Head of the I.A.M.S., a secret service of KALIPHLIN!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/


#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5506
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Nice builds! I assume you split them because of the 32x32 size limit? The water looks very good  :thumbup:
And I haven't seen smoke done that way before, the interiors add alot  :thumbup:  
My only suggestions would be (if you have the pieces) break up the BURPs more on the cliffs with some slopes and bricks.
And maybe add some wall detailing above the arches, all in all though a very nice build  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Umbro Stormborn

Umbro Stormborn

    Posts: 30
    Joined: 05-February 12
    Member: 25652

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 28 May 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Nice builds! I assume you split them because of the 32x32 size limit? The water looks very good  :thumbup:
And I haven't seen smoke done that way before, the interiors add alot  :thumbup:  
My only suggestions would be (if you have the pieces) break up the BURPs more on the cliffs with some slopes and bricks.
And maybe add some wall detailing above the arches, all in all though a very nice build  :classic:

That is the exact reason I split it down the middle. I wanted it to be a full castle without restricting interior access, and i couldn't find a way to hinge the castle like you do on most of your creations. I recently came across a gallon ziplock baggie of gray slopes at a local second hand store, so I'll update the cliffs soon. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

View PostDaMaximus, on 28 May 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I was really surprised by this!! Very detailed!

Mitgardia has a new really good builder, so congratz!

I also like the GoT-elements you put in it :laugh:


one side-note:
Not every evil creature in Historica is made by the Drow :laugh: many of those dark spieces were wandering all-over Historica even before the Druids and Drow arrived here :classic:
The undeads (the mummies) here in Kaliphlin for example have absolute nothing to do with the Drow.

Thanks, I'm assuming you found all of my little GoT Easter Eggs then. Oh, and the reason that I said that the undead were from the Drow was that the Mini Challenge specifically focused on protecting from Drow threats.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users