Stefanwest

MOD: New Lego Ghost Train

Stefanwest,

Thanks for posting this. Do you mind taking some pictures and uploading them for those of us who are curious how you made the change? Thanks.

But the bat wings do not flap...

Where there's a will, there's a way...:wink:

3D LEGO

Thanks for the video!

Well, about the ghost train....hmm..its a train, but thats all.. I'm not really into this fantasy stuff and Hero-thing, so i would never buy it. I can't imagine it is going to be a best seller....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Well, parts are nice, the train has quite some nice parts I think so we can use it in other builds can't we!

Cool how did you make it 9V Track ready? I ask because I bought this and the castle set for the train to circle around.

Edited by RobotGhost

Hey Sjaak its Jon here on EB! I do have to admit, this dosnt look right chugging around a nice little metropolis...it is indeed a fantasy scenario and it doesnt impress me. But hey, were all playing with legos here, so its all good.

Thanks for the video!

Well, about the ghost train....hmm..its a train, but thats all.. I'm not really into this fantasy stuff and Hero-thing, so i would never buy it. I can't imagine it is going to be a best seller....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

The city scene in the video was my part of an exhibit for a Science Fiction convention that my local Lego club was participating in. The city was being invaded by aliens. I got the ghost train couple days before the exhibit so I wondered if I could get it to run. Just took me about 3 hours to come up with a design. Basically I took some other bogies from an extra Maresk set I have and put the large train wheels on it. Then I took a standard 9V motor to replace the front bogie of the train. Had to add couple of plates for the rear train wheels to be even with the motor. Our club will be participating in a Lego convention coming to our city this coming January. I am thinking of displaying my alien invasion city but also creating another display with the motorized ghost train along with the new haunted house coming out in September. I might add some of the other Monster Fighter sets in the mix. Either way I think the kids that will come should get a big kick out of it.

Edited by Stefanwest

Ha. That's great! I was actually thinking about doing the same with mine. Nice work. Very cool