Name: The Swamp Creature

Setnumber: 9461

Theme: Monster Fighters

Year: 2012

Parts: 62

Minifig: 2

Price: €7,99

Bricklink

At the moment it is hot as hell here in germany. I couldn't sleep so I decided to review two other Monster Fighters sets. I build the set a few days ago, so I didn't have pictures of the closed bags. Sorry.

Now here it is, my review of "The Swamp Creature". Enjoy.

The box of the Swamp Creature had the same overall layout of the other MF sets. It is very appealing as a Horror inspired theme. The old-style picture of all characters at the back is a nice touch also.

001git.jpg

002iir.jpg

The instructions and random page.

003qcs.jpg

004ehy.jpg

The highlight of this set. The Minifigs. As I said in another review, the prints in this line are amazing. This set is no exception. Both figures got backprinting and doubleprinted heads. The creature is a very cool and unique addition to the Lego monster squad of the recent years.

005mun.jpg

006rww.jpg

007zhxxw.jpg

008vhb.jpg

Pieces of interest. This clip piece isn't new, but in this color it is only available in 4 sets.

009lwx.jpg

The little environment build to hold the gem. Nothing special here, but nice parts.

011inp.jpg

The Swampboat in build. Nice design, simple build.

010mem.jpg

The finished set.

013fnn.jpg

Spare parts. Nothing unusual.

012mb.jpg

Final thoughts

Playability: 7/10

Human vs. Monster, no playfeatures but a vehicle. Ok for a set this size.

Minifig: 10/10

This category is a total winner. The creature is beautiful designed and unique. Frank Rock got some awesome torso and leg printing. His face is also nice. Stunning figures.

Parts: 7/10

Nice selection but nothing to special.

Price: 10/10

Good value. This set is a great introduction into the theme. Very well put LEGO.

Total: 34/40 recommended

Other Monster Fighters Reviews:

9462 The Mummy

9463 The Werewolf

Edited by Plissken

Nice review, 'Plissken'! :classic:

I received this set last week, and it's really cool. I think it should of had a better play feature, but overall, it's an excellent set with the perfect price! :thumbup:

This is a great little set. The Creature is perfect and Frank Rock is cool too, although I question the sanity of any man who wears a sheepskin vest to go monster hunting in a swamp. Two cool minifigs are all a set this size really needs - the fact that you get other cool parts, like a frog, swamp vegetation etc., are just icing on the cake. I really didn't think the Monster Fighters theme would interest me at all, but this set and the Zombies set both look wonderful.

Neeeeeed this set!!! Love the swamp creature, Frank's a better fig than I originally thought, AND 3more pistols for my forest police!! Pure-- and CHEAP-- win!!!

Excellent review ' Plissken ', the best figure so far is the swamp creature ! :grin:

Does that hero look a bit Elvis-like ? :laugh:

Neat little set, if not dear I might buy it and give the swamp creature to my wife as a present ! :laugh:

Cool review Plissken, I can't wait for these sets to come out. Hopefully they'll be as reasonably priced *fingers crossed*

Great review Cheiftain

the minifigs are great. the Merman is totally epic! :) Did you say the price for this set? I may have overlooked it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review! The swamp creature is awesome, hands down, but it's also great to know that Frank Rock has a second face, as I don't have use for the sunglassed one. Definitely going to buy this one. Or two.

This is the fig I like best, apparently named Frank Rock. I may end up just buying the set, it may be cheaper than finding the fig by itself. This review was better, nice, clear, bright pictures, nice job!

Thanks for the review. This being the cheapest of the theme, I will surely buy this. That swamp creature is beautiful. I wasn't too pleased on Frank Rock, but I like that he has a two sided head. That makes me like him a bit more. The piece list isn't that great, but for so cheap with two figures, go for it!

thank you for the review! this set is definitely is a must since it is the cheapest in the MF series and it has the swamp creature minifig which doesn't have an equivalent among the CMFs like mummy, zombie or vampires do

Thank you for the review!

Not the best set and I'll probably save some money for a bigger set than get this one :tongue:

I really like the Swamp Creature minifigure. I wonder if I can make an Ocean Master figure out of his headpiece to go with my DC Super Heroes?

Thanks for this quite informative review! :classic:

Well, I have to say that while I'm a little disappointed by the Swamp Creature (I really hope that TLG fixes his eye alignment problem), I am pleasantly surprised by Frank Rock.

He looks like quite the badass and is definitely my favourite Monster Fighter.

His clothes are very Castlevania-esque, specifically the sleeveless leather jacket and the knee protectors.

When I get around to buying this set, I'll probably give him a chain whip to go with this look.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

Everyone should get it before the minifigs are worth there weight in gold after its discontinued. I have no use for him now but i got him because one day i will build something with a swamp and be glad i have him lol

This set really is all about the figs, isn't it... :laugh: Nothing wrong with that, and i have to say this one is on my "must get" list - that swamp creature is awesome! I'm pretty happy with Frank's expression without the goofy sunglasses too. :classic:

Are Frank Rock's legs the new olive green color? :sweet:

Edited by PMJ

So, somebody please tell me - am I getting one or two of this set? =)

Three. :laugh: One to keep MIB, one to build up with the MF theme, and a third for parts.