ACPin

Arena Beasts: Acklay

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

A non-sentient carnivore native to Vendaxa with sharp claws, thick skin, and ferocious set loose in the Geonosian arena.

7246509576_bbd70afc97_c.jpg

AC

I just noticed that you used some minifig arms near the feet. Great piece usage there! This is my favorite beast, and I'm glad you pulled it off so superbly!

Not my favourite of the 3, but the fantastic sand green makes up for it.

When I first saw Attack of the Clones, that thing was just plain creepy and not something I would want to fight... Same feeling for this one as a minifigure. You replicated it really well! My suggestion would be to make it a little rounder instead of so "rectangular", although the pieces I'm thinking of don't come in those colors.

Great job! :classic:

Not bad, I love the head design a lot, but the rest of the proportions are really off. The 'shins' (the lowest part of the leg) should be a lot bigger, to the point where the hands are about even with the rest of its body. Other than that, though, I love the greebling, I've rarely seen it work on an organic creature with such naturalness before. :thumbup:

When the community build first was mentioned, I immediately thought of the arena beasts and how I would build them. I see you've beaten me to that and I probably won't get around to building any of them. But this looks quite nice, especially for brick-built. Good parts usage.

Keep up the good work!

This guy has always been my favorite beast and you've rendered him quite nicely. That head is pretty intricate. :thumbup:

Yes, this is superb :grin: it's my favorite Star Wars monster.

Me too! Just one cool looking beast.

As far as your brick incarnations ACPin, I really like the Reek best. Now that the final piece to the beast puzzle is found, I can't WAIT to see the full arena scene you have planned.

Very nice parts usage ACPin, love the sand green.

Yes, this is superb :grin: it's my favorite Star Wars monster.

I just noticed that you used some minifig arms near the feet. Great piece usage there! This is my favorite beast, and I'm glad you pulled it off so superbly!

Wow. That looks really good! :wub: Love the head!

Not my favourite of the 3, but the fantastic sand green makes up for it.

Not to bad! :sweet: You know, this was always my favorite arena beast! :thumbup:

When I first saw Attack of the Clones, that thing was just plain creepy and not something I would want to fight... Same feeling for this one as a minifigure. You replicated it really well! My suggestion would be to make it a little rounder instead of so "rectangular", although the pieces I'm thinking of don't come in those colors.

Great job! :classic:

Not bad, I love the head design a lot, but the rest of the proportions are really off. The 'shins' (the lowest part of the leg) should be a lot bigger, to the point where the hands are about even with the rest of its body. Other than that, though, I love the greebling, I've rarely seen it work on an organic creature with such naturalness before. :thumbup:

When the community build first was mentioned, I immediately thought of the arena beasts and how I would build them. I see you've beaten me to that and I probably won't get around to building any of them. But this looks quite nice, especially for brick-built. Good parts usage.

Keep up the good work!

The MOC is amazing, I really like the colors you used.

This guy has always been my favorite beast and you've rendered him quite nicely. That head is pretty intricate. :thumbup:

Me too! Just one cool looking beast.

As far as your brick incarnations ACPin, I really like the Reek best. Now that the final piece to the beast puzzle is found, I can't WAIT to see the full arena scene you have planned.

Nice. The acklay was my favorite beast. Tge proportions are a bit off though.

Thanks all for your comments!

Just like the Nexu and Reek, the Acklay was not going to be in actual minifig scale. The design considerations I've made for them was to have their prominent features done in detail and consistent color schemes. These are also the first versions of the three beasts and would likely do some minor mods for the final scenes.

AC