Jump to content


Arena Beasts: Acklay


15 replies to this topic

#1 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1537
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

Posted Image

A non-sentient carnivore native to Vendaxa with sharp claws, thick skin, and ferocious set loose in the Geonosian arena.
Posted Image

AC


Posted Image

#2 Brickus

Brickus

    Posts: 917
    Joined: 17-July 09
    Member: 6717
    Country: Australia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Very nice parts usage ACPin, love the sand green.

#3 thire5

thire5

    Posts: 97
    Joined: 15-February 09
    Member: 5299
    Country: Czech Republic

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yes, this is superb :grin: it's my favorite Star Wars monster.
~ thire5 ~ | flickr
Please support my model on CUUSOO lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17002 Thank you!!

Posted Image

#4 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

  • Help Me Build Hogwarts!


    Posts: 2099
    Joined: 12-June 11
    Member: 18405
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I just noticed that you used some minifig arms near the feet. Great piece usage there! This is my favorite beast, and I'm glad you pulled it off so superbly!

#5 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 4576
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Wow. That looks really good! :wub: Love the head!
My Collection

Posted Image


Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 40.4 Necromancer: Stats


#6 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3756
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Not my favourite of the 3, but the fantastic sand green makes up for it.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Im a brickmaster.

Im a brickmaster.

  • Apostrofree


    Posts: 793
    Joined: 26-February 12
    Member: 26931
    Country: -Dead_ Zone_

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Not to bad! :sweet: You know, this was always my favorite arena beast! :thumbup:
I. Am. Iron Man.                                                                                                                                            Being ignored since 2012!

#8 KingoftheZempk

KingoftheZempk

    Posts: 1088
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11107

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

When I first saw Attack of the Clones, that thing was just plain creepy and not something I would want to fight... Same feeling for this one as a minifigure. You replicated it really well! My suggestion would be to make it a little rounder instead of so "rectangular", although the pieces I'm thinking of don't come in those colors.

Great job! :classic:

Posted Image

Kiray Nastayo, Level 11.5 Knight in Heroica
YouTube|Brickshelf


#9 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • DAMN Heroica badass


    Posts: 12409
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Not bad, I love the head design a lot, but the rest of the proportions are really off. The 'shins' (the lowest part of the leg) should be a lot bigger, to the point where the hands are about even with the rest of its body. Other than that, though, I love the greebling, I've rarely seen it work on an organic creature with such naturalness before.  :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#10 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

  • Yellow Panel Expert


    Posts: 4502
    Joined: 18-July 11
    Member: 19128
    Country: USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

When the community build first was mentioned, I immediately thought of the arena beasts and how I would build them. I see you've beaten me to that and I probably won't get around to building any of them. But this looks quite nice, especially for brick-built. Good parts usage.

Keep up the good work!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#11 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

    Posts: 1180
    Joined: 07-May 12
    Member: 28477
    Country: Mexico

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

The MOC is amazing, I really like the colors you used.

#12 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8173
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

This guy has always been my favorite beast and you've rendered him quite nicely.  That head is pretty intricate. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#13 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4447
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

View Postthire5, on 22 May 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yes, this is superb :grin: it's my favorite Star Wars monster.
Me too! Just one cool looking beast.

As far as your brick incarnations ACPin, I really like the Reek best. Now that the final piece to the beast puzzle is found, I can't WAIT to see the full arena scene you have planned.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#14 brickmack

brickmack

    Posts: 850
    Joined: 22-July 10
    Member: 12146
    Country: America

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Nice. The acklay was my favorite beast. Tge proportions are a bit off though.

#15 Dustin

Dustin

    Posts: 145
    Joined: 18-November 11
    Member: 22073
    Country: USA (Georgia)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

That's awesome! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Student at the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

The Supreme Commander of the Droid Army

2012 LEGO Star Wars Checklist -
The Malevolence
Palpatine's Arrest
Desert Skiff
Saesee Tiin's JSF

#16 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1537
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostBrickus, on 22 May 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Very nice parts usage ACPin, love the sand green.

View Postthire5, on 22 May 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yes, this is superb :grin: it's my favorite Star Wars monster.

View PostJackJonespaw, on 22 May 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

I just noticed that you used some minifig arms near the feet. Great piece usage there! This is my favorite beast, and I'm glad you pulled it off so superbly!

View PostK-Nut, on 22 May 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Wow. That looks really good! :wub: Love the head!

View PostMr Man, on 22 May 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Not my favourite of the 3, but the fantastic sand green makes up for it.

View PostIm a brickmaster., on 22 May 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Not to bad! :sweet: You know, this was always my favorite arena beast! :thumbup:

View PostKingoftheZempk, on 22 May 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

When I first saw Attack of the Clones, that thing was just plain creepy and not something I would want to fight... Same feeling for this one as a minifigure. You replicated it really well! My suggestion would be to make it a little rounder instead of so "rectangular", although the pieces I'm thinking of don't come in those colors.

Great job! :classic:

View PostCallMePie, on 22 May 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Not bad, I love the head design a lot, but the rest of the proportions are really off. The 'shins' (the lowest part of the leg) should be a lot bigger, to the point where the hands are about even with the rest of its body. Other than that, though, I love the greebling, I've rarely seen it work on an organic creature with such naturalness before.  :thumbup:

View PostTheLegoDr, on 22 May 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

When the community build first was mentioned, I immediately thought of the arena beasts and how I would build them. I see you've beaten me to that and I probably won't get around to building any of them. But this looks quite nice, especially for brick-built. Good parts usage.

Keep up the good work!

View PostBilbo Baggins, on 23 May 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

The MOC is amazing, I really like the colors you used.

View PostMasked Builder, on 23 May 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

This guy has always been my favorite beast and you've rendered him quite nicely.  That head is pretty intricate. :thumbup:

View PostLegocrazy81, on 23 May 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Me too! Just one cool looking beast.

As far as your brick incarnations ACPin, I really like the Reek best. Now that the final piece to the beast puzzle is found, I can't WAIT to see the full arena scene you have planned.

View Postbrickmack, on 23 May 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Nice. The acklay was my favorite beast. Tge proportions are a bit off though.

Thanks all for your comments!
Just like the Nexu and Reek, the Acklay was not going to be in actual minifig scale. The design considerations I've made for them was to have their prominent features done in detail and consistent color schemes. These are also the first versions of the three beasts and would likely do some minor mods for the final scenes.

AC
Posted Image



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users