Sign in to follow this  
88high

Lego Technic 8376 Hot Flame RC Review

Hello everybody! I know this set is older, but due to the rising demand for RC buggy motors, or sets that include them, i decided to do this review!

Here is a Picture of the Box:

8376-1.jpg?0

8376.png

Next, Lets go to the specs:

Year Released: 2003

Set Number: #8367

Set Name: "Hot Flame RC"

Set Theme: Lego RC Racers

Parts Count: 257

Where sold: EXCLUSIVELY at Radio Shack

Retail Price: $49.99 USD

Average Ebay/Brickink Price: $99.99-$159.99

Now that we are done with that, lets go over the contents:

First, there is the partslist:

CLICK FOR PARTSLIST!

As you can see, there are only 257 pieces. That is because the set's main backbone is the Lego RC Components. However, it does make a very rigid base.

Now, lets move on to the RC Pieces!!! :laugh:

A short few pics of the parts:

2X RC Buggy Motors5292.gif

1X Remote5282.gif

1X Steering Unit6293c01.gif

2X Antennax429c01.gif

2X Wires, 15L5306bc015.gif

2X Steering Arms41894c01.gif

Pros of the RC System: VERY Fast, cool black color scheme, and 2outputs

Cons of the RC System: NO AUXILLARY OUTPUT, 20min runtime, not much torque, awkward shape of motors

Overall: It could have been better of they included a AUX output on the RC unit, but the sheer speed just outweighs most of the cons. I hope you invested in rechargeable AA's...

Okay. Now, let's move on to the three models:

•Wheelie model: Basically, the suspension in the rear is floppy, and when you go in reverse, and jam on the throttle foreword, the suspension tucks under, popping a wheelie. This model is only good for that. No street racing...

•Drift model: This set includes a pair of plastic slicks for drifting. Snap them on the speed model and, you have a uncontrollable ride. You can't jam the throttle forewarn without spinning out of controll. You would be lucky to get up to full speed if you slowly eased it up there...

Oh, and also the left and right auxiliary triggers cause the wheels to do a forward-back motion on one side or the other to cause the car to spin out. Don't build this model, unless you like uncontrollableness... I almost drifted this down our storm drain!!!

•Speed model: basically the drift model without the stupid plastic tyres. It is the simplest and best model of the set. I like it because it uses the faster output axle of the RC motor, which makes the car very quick

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall: I seemed a bit disappointed with the set. It was smaller than I expected, the stunt models didn't work well at all, and it does not have the AUX output on the RC unit! But, it is the cheapest of the three Lego RC Racers sets. And, the price difference between a NEW one of these and buying all of the RC components on bricklink, it is about the same amount. So, I would say, if you can find a good deal in eBay for this set, grab it. I bought mine for $99.99USD MISB:) and that is a deal you shouldnt pass up. So, be on the lookout for these, and check brickset.com for eBay and Bricklink listings!

Edited by 88high

Great review! :laugh:

I think it should be mentioned, that the RC Buggy Battery / Receiver unit in this set is WITHOUT an auxiliary motor output, like the other two have. (Those would be 8366 Supersonic RC & 8475 RC Race Buggy)

Do you care to give some more information about the Receiver unit and how it functions ?

Nice beginning with this review, but you might want to check the tips and tricks in the reviewers academy forum to make it even better!

Reviewers Academy

Great review! :laugh:

I think it should be mentioned, that the RC Buggy Battery / Receiver unit in this set is WITHOUT an auxiliary motor output, like the other two have. (Those would be 8366 Supersonic RC & 8475 RC Race Buggy)

Do you care to give some more information about the Receiver unit and how it functions ?

Sorry. Now I am finished:)

I guess I was lucky and got 2 of such set ... they were on sale at Radio Shack back in 2004 ... for $45 each ... I was still in my dark ages back then and this did not feel much like technic ... but 4 buggy motors? ... any takers?

First the technic forum is not the place to sell your parts,we have a BUY-SELL-TRADE section for that.

And secondly do not bump old topics,the last post witch was made before yours was in 2012.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan