Heroica RPG - Quest#34: The Dark Secret

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

#126 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

I attack Jarl with my whip from the front row.

Memory is the Key

A Christian and not ashamed.

Posted Image
Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light

Level 26 1/3 Assassin

Theodor Legion, 73 year old ex-Bonaparte in Cruel Angel's Thesis

#127 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Results of Round One of the Viking Battle:
Guts vs. Jarl - Damage/Shield (Mug)
Guts vs. Karl - Hit/Special Damage
Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Jarl - Hit/Special Damage
Dak vs. Karl - Special Damage (Drink Mead)

To begin the battle, the encouraged Guts mugs Jarl for 104 damage, stealing 104 gold at the same time. He then hits Karl for 56 damage. Dyric hits Jarl for 23 damage. Karl then drinks his mead, doubling his level for the rest of the battle.

Both enemies still stand.

Enemies:

Drunken Viking Jarl
Type: Humanoid
Level: 9
Health: 32/159
Special I: Drink Mead – The Viking consumes his last mead to double his level for the remainder of the battle.
Special II: Blasphemy – The irritated gods throw 1 to 6 lightning bolts into the battle field that randomly hit both the Vikings and their opponents for 10 lightning-elemental damage each, regardless of row. Used after the mead has been drank.
Drops: 30 gold, Mead (if not consumed)

Drunken Viking Karl
Level: 9 18
Health: 103/159
Special I: Drink Mead – The Viking consumes his last mead to double his level for the remainder of the battle.
Special II: Blasphemy – The irritated gods throw 1 to 6 lightning bolts into the battle field that randomly hit both the Vikings and their opponents for 10 lightning-elemental damage each, regardless of row. Used after the mead has been drank.
Drops: 30 gold

Party:

Posted ImageDak Shadeaux (played by Darth Nihilus)
Level 13 Rogue *Immune to ?*
Power: 23 (18 for ranged attacks)
Health: 11/19
Gold: 108
Inventory: Mockthril Knife (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)
Posted ImageDyric Rone (played by The Legonater)
Level 13 Rogue *Lucky*
Power: 25 (17 for ranged attacks)
Health: 20/20
Gold: 479
Inventory: Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts
Posted ImageGuts Holla (played by Scubacarrot) *Party Leader*
Level 16 Rogue *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*
Power: 28 56 (24 48 for ranged attacks)
Health: 22/22
Gold: 506
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:12, ice-elemental, attacks restore 3 health), Throwing Knife (WP:8, ranged, light-elemental, retrievable), Beholder's Eye (allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 4 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your target and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#128 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Member: 21005

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Guts repeats his attacks.

"Same order, let's finish these fools."

Posted Image

#129 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

I too repeat my attack.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 26 1/3 Assassin

#130 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Results of Round Two of the Viking Battle:
Guts vs. Jarl - Hit/Miss
Guts vs. Karl - Miss/Miss
Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Jarl Karl - Hit/Hit
Dak vs. Karl - Critical Hit

Guts hits Jarl for 56 damage, taking him out, but misses his attack on Karl. Dyric's attack connects, and Karl suffers 23 damage. Dak scores a critical hit on Karl, making him lose 33 damage.

Only one enemy remains, so the battle will continue automatically.

Enemies:

Drunken Viking Karl
Level: 9 18
Health: 47/159
Drops: 30 gold

Party:

Level 13 Rogue *Immune to ?*
Inventory: Mockthril Knife (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)
Level 13 Rogue *Lucky*
Inventory: Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts
Level 16 Rogue *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Lucky*
Power: 28 56 (24 48 for ranged attacks)
Inventory: Lifestealer (WP:12, ice-elemental, attacks restore 3 health), Throwing Knife (WP:8, ranged, light-elemental, retrievable), Beholder's Eye (allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 4 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Results of Round Three of the Viking Battle:
Guts vs. Karl - Miss/Hit
Guts vs. Karl - Damage/Hit
Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Karl - Hit/Special Damage
Dak vs. Karl - Miss

Guts finishes off the remaining viking with one last strike.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain half of a level. The enemies drop 60 gold and a Mead.

Party:

Level 13½ Rogue *Immune to ?*
Level 13½ Rogue *Lucky*
Level 16½ Rogue
Power: 28 (24 for ranged attacks)

Party Leader, divide the spoils of the battle:
Posted Image60 gold
Posted ImageMead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.

#131 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

"Everybody gets 20 gold, and Dyric can have the Mead, since I don't think he has any."

Posted Image

#132 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Party:

Gold: 128
Level 13½ Rogue *Lucky*
Gold: 499
Inventory: Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts
Level 16½ Rogue
Gold: 526

There's nothing more in the Stone Garden except the bloodied corpses of the two loudmouthed norsemen. Where will the rogues go next to demonstrate more dastardly deeds?

#133 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

"Onward! More dastardly deeds shall be demonstrated in the Grove of the Forgotten!"

Edited by Scubacarrot, 30 May 2012 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#134 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

The rogues return to the Grove of the Forsaken where they encountered Count Shadeaux on the previous night. Now it was occupied by a suspicious fellow dressed in gaudy purple. His entire body was composed of green ooze, making his movements fluid and bendy.

Posted Image

"Ah, more cushtomersh! Have you boysh come to browshe my waresh? I asshure you that Shlim Yshcum offersh only the finesht tripsh to the shubconshcious. And of courshe the firsht batch is free of charge. Wanna shee what I've got?"

The slimy man looked at the party expectantly.

#135 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

"Let me see."

Posted Image

#136 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

Member: 20608

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Dak's eyes flash red as he says, "I'll try as well."
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.

#137 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Guts pulls Dak aside and says softly:

"Kid, I suggest you don't 'try' his stuff until we know what it is."

Posted Image

#138 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image
"You'll like what I've got, you can be shure about that..." the shady slimebag slurred. "Sho, what can I get ya? Remember, you get one item for free."

SLIM YSCUM’S HAPPY PILLS:
Posted ImageSeventh Heaven – Causes the hastened- and encouraged-effects, but also the fragile- and poisoned-effects. Costs 20 gold.
Posted ImageDouble Rainbow – Causes the encouraged- and lucky-effects, but also the confused- and poisoned-effects. Costs 30 gold.
Posted ImagePixie Dust – Causes the hastened- and lucky-effects, but also the weakened- and poisoned-effects. Costs 40 gold.

#139 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Guts takes out Lifestealer out of his sheath, and with one smooth movement, puts it at dealer's throat.

"I suggest you quit your business. People have died because of your stuff, if needs be, you'll be the last to join them."

Posted Image

#140 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostScubacarrot, on 31 May 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

"I suggest you quit your business. People have died because of your stuff, if needs be, you'll be the last to join them."

The drug dealer is surprised by Guts' reaction, but then grins at him.

Posted Image
"Aww come on! I'm only anshwering to the demandsh of my cushtomersh! I'm not shoving my productsh down anyone'sh throatsh. People jusht come back begging for more, and why would I want to dishappoint them? Thish city ish a cruel place, a nightwalker shuch as yourshelf should known that well. I'm only offering a brief eshcape from it. What'sh sho wrong about that? Jusht try my shtuff yourshelf and you'll shee exactly what I'm talking about..."

#141 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Guts pricks his sword a tiny bit deeper in the dealer's throat.

"Don't try that on me, fool. Your drugs don't make anyone's life better, no matter what you or your customers tell themselves. Leave your stuff, and get out of here, if I ever see you dealing again, you'll be sorry."

Posted Image

#142 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Slim Yscum turns to the other two rogues.

Posted Image
"Do the pair of you agree with your friend here? If thish noble thief thinksh he'sh too good for my productsh, maybe we can continue dishcusshing bushinessh without him."

#143 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Look, we've already got enough on you to have you tried for manslaughter, if not worse. This is not the road you want to go down. You really do not want to sell us these happy pills. You want to go home and rethink your life. The alternative could be bad, I'm afraid.

OOC: Sorry for not being around. I've come down with something, and it might be sometime before I'm totally over it.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 26 1/3 Assassin

#144 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostThe Legonater, on 31 May 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Look, we've already got enough on you to have you tried for manslaughter, if not worse. This is not the road you want to go down. You really do not want to sell us these happy pills. You want to go home and rethink your life. The alternative could be bad, I'm afraid.

Posted Image
"Tried?! You can put me on a trial ash shoon ash you find a court hall in Eubric, haha! I apologize, I did not guessh you were foreignersh, sho the cushtoms of our city musht be shtrange to you. Thish is a city of cutthroatsh where only the shtrong shurvive. Not even thoshe pompoush asshes at Heroica can change that. If you aren't intereshted in my pillsh, you better move one. I've had jusht about enough of your petty threatsh."

#145 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

"I suggest you heed my advice, you talk bravely for a man with a sword against his throat."

Posted Image

#146 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostScubacarrot, on 01 June 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

"I suggest you heed my advice, you talk bravely for a man with a sword against his throat."

Posted Image
"Hahaha! I shee you haven't met a Phlegman before. Go ahead, shlit my throat. You'll regret it - briefly."

#147 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Guts' voices turned from the usual with a slight hint at cynicism to a low pitched, cold voice, in the quiet night, it did not sound good.

"This blade is laid in with an magic gem that gives it the power of ice, you know. You would think that would be inconvenient, blood would freeze and stick on, blunting the blade. But the blood is... sucked into the blade, as though the blade itself drinks. The result is a weapon that is dangerous to any kind of foe. Even if you don't bleed to death, It will freeze the... tissue around the area, and it will not be pleasant."

Posted Image

#148 Sandy

Sandy

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

"You ashked for thish!" the drug dealer hissed.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemy:

Posted ImageSlim Yscum
Type: Vermin
Level: 20
Health: 400/400
Special: Bad Trip – Causes the cursed- and poisoned-effects to the target.
Drops: nothing
Note: Every successful hit will split Slim into two, dividing his level and remaining health evenly.

Party:

Gold: 128
Inventory: Mockthril Knife (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone else), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)
Level 13½ Rogue *Lucky*
Gold: 499
Inventory: Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts
Level 16½ Rogue
Gold: 526

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your target and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

#149 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

• Completely Lame

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Guts gulps down a mead.

"Make sure you hit hard, we need to kill him as few hits as possible, or he will overwhelm us!"

Battle order:

Guts
Dak
Dyric

Posted Image

#150 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Sighing, I attack Slim from the front row with my chain whip.

Memory is the Key

Posted Image

Level 26 1/3 Assassin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users