Batman Minifig Customisation Contest

75 replies to this topic

#26 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostJaseTJ, on 23 May 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

Another thing I wanted to check: Do we get an overhang for the vignettes?
A reasonable ammount of overhang, let's say 1-2 stud(s), is accepted. If there's a minifig's limb overhanging, it's accepted too. Let's just not try to make a bignette out of a vignette on the basis of overhanging! :wink:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#27 JaseTJ

JaseTJ

Member: 10576

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Okay thanks. I ends up scrapping the vignette I was asking for in favor of another, but it's nice to know I don't have to worry about it. I've got one completely done, another half and the third I'm about to start. Thanks for the contest, since I didn't say it before!
Posted Image

#28 Tommi

Tommi

Member: 27274

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

First off, great contest you guys are hosting. :)

My question is can we create a villain or hero, enter them on Cat A or B and have their alter-ego enter the Cat C? Much like Batman as a hero and Bruce Wayne as the Gothamite.

#29 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostTommi, on 28 May 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

First off, great contest you guys are hosting. :)

My question is can we create a villain or hero, enter them on Cat A or B and have their alter-ego enter the Cat C? Much like Batman as a hero and Bruce Wayne as the Gothamite.
I'd say no. The Gothamite category is meant for normal everyday workers of Gotham city. People with secret super identities do not sound very normal to me. :laugh:

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

#30 Tommi

Tommi

Member: 27274

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostLuxorV, on 28 May 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

I'd say no. The Gothamite category is meant for normal everyday workers of Gotham city. People with secret super identities do not sound very normal to me. :laugh:

But they seem normal to the other normal people around them. :laugh: Except for Bruce Wayne, of course. You're not normal when you're a millionaire.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. :classic:

#31 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

There's been some pretty good entries so far. They all seem to be purist though? I'll be posting a minifig soon, still working on it though. It's definitely not a purist custom! :wink: That's all I'll give away for now.

EDIT: Just noticed a mistake in the title. It says minifg contest.

Edited by purpleparadox, 31 May 2012 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image

#32 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

Great contest, sound like tons of fun.

I'll be going purist for this one.  :classic:

#33 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 31 May 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

EDIT: Just noticed a mistake in the title. It says minifg contest.
Thanks for noticing. It's fixed now. :wink:

#34 JaseTJ

JaseTJ

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Maaaaybe I'm missing it in the rules, but do we need to include the estimated price of the fig as many have done?
Posted Image

#35 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostJaseTJ, on 01 June 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Maaaaybe I'm missing it in the rules, but do we need to include the estimated price of the fig as many have done?
I think this answers your question :tongue: :

• Entries' description must include an indication of the cost of the material used to create the custom (Not including the parts used for the vignette!)

#36 JaseTJ

JaseTJ

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostLuxorV, on 02 June 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

I think this answers your question :tongue: :
Well how about that... huh!
Posted Image

#37 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

i'm going to enter too but will take some time to build them.  :thumbup: :tongue:

#38 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postnatelite, on 05 June 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

i'm going to enter too but will take some time to build them.  :thumbup: :tongue:
You still have a little less than 3 weeks, so looking forward to see your entries. :wink:

#39 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Placed an order at MMCB, I can't wait to receive it. In the meantime I'm designing the decals.  :thumbup:

#40 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostLuxorV, on 28 May 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

wow...it's good you answer that question, LuxorV, because i was going to make the alter ego under category c. here's another question: what about a hero fanboy? can that be in category c?  :tongue:  was going to make something hilarious and close to incredi-boy's back story...but generic enough to pass?  :laugh: :thumbup:

#41 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

View Postnatelite, on 06 June 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

wow...it's good you answer that question, LuxorV, because i was going to make the alter ego under category c. here's another question: what about a hero fanboy? can that be in category c?  :tongue:  was going to make something hilarious and close to incredi-boy's back story...but generic enough to pass?  :laugh: :thumbup:
Hmmm, this is a tough one. After some thought, I'd say we have better leave fan boys out of this category. Let me explain: I like the concept, as it seems fun enough, but Incredi-boy/Syndrome was never seen without his costume(s), so I did not see him as a generic townie. Even if you should show him without a costume, the fanboy identity would be a secret identity of sorts. It may work for Cat. A or B, where the fanboy becomes a Villain (like the original) or Hero, but I think it's not in line with the Cat. C description. :wink:

#42 Stormer13

Stormer13

Member: 20321

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

If its ok with you guys can i join in on the fun? Also For pricing how much the figure is to make would i do the set it came in price or just the price of the part from bricklink? Or is it as long as you give the source of where you got it or just give credit to  the (company/ person/s) decal you used?
Hoping for Flash and green lantern figures Please Lego we must have them.

#43 The Penguin

The Penguin

• Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!

Member: 2465

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

View PostStormer13, on 06 June 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

If its ok with you guys can i join in on the fun? Also For pricing how much the figure is to make would i do the set it came in price or just the price of the part from bricklink? Or is it as long as you give the source of where you got it or just give credit to  the (company/ person/s) decal you used?

You're most welcome. )  :classic:

Just the price of parts from BL. You can take the average for each bit and add approximate price for any extra material you used (glue, paint, scylpey, etc.).

About decals. Remember that:

• This contest is for you to show your customising abilities, therefore, you are invited to create new decals and/or paint parts as much as you wish, but you may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text and you give due credit

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

#44 Oky

Oky

• RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher

Member: 2028

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

One question: Does our custom villain have to be an enemy of Batman or could it be the arch-nemesis of our hero from Category B?

#45 Stormer13

Stormer13

Member: 20321

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Another question for the vignette does it need to be a just a normal place like a street scene or could it be like a sewer if the hero/villains arch nemesis base  is  in the sewer ?
Hoping for Flash and green lantern figures Please Lego we must have them.

#46 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostOky, on 06 June 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

One question: Does our custom villain have to be an enemy of Batman or could it be the arch-nemesis of our hero from Category B?
I'd go with a yes, he can be related to the Cat B entry (being them both new and original characters in the DC Gotham universe), but I want to hear The Penguin's opinion, too, as he's the real mastermind behind this contest. :wink:

View PostStormer13, on 06 June 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Another question for the vignette does it need to be a just a normal place like a street scene or could it be like a sewer if the hero/villains arch nemesis base  is  in the sewer ?
The vignette is meant to show how your entry blends into the LEGO world. It can be any part of Gotham rendered in LEGO bricks, so a street, building inside, rooftop, sewer, anything really, as long as it make sense for the character and does not break the other rules, especially this one (just being clear; I do not expect you to break it :wink: ):

• Entries must be something the whole AFOLs’ community can enjoy. Please, avoid nudity, excessive gore, or other offensive content

#47 badboytje88

badboytje88

• Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Am I allowed to go all purist on this one or is that against the rules?
Posted Image Bebe Theodora Jefferson in Tamamonos Mafia Sunset

#48 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postbadboytje88, on 07 June 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Am I allowed to go all purist on this one or is that against the rules?
I think we already had similar questions asked... *huh*

Purist is all right.

#49 badboytje88

badboytje88

• Bad Lick

Member: 1561

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostLuxorV, on 07 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I think we already had similar questions asked... *huh*

Purist is all right.

Thanks LuxorV, I failed to read the entire thread I just read the first post. There was nothing there about being purist.
Posted Image Bebe Theodora Jefferson in Tamamonos Mafia Sunset

#50 The Penguin

The Penguin

• Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!

Member: 2465

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostOky, on 06 June 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

It is possible. However I doubt that he can evade Batman's attention, since Bats likes to put his nose in every more or less criminal schemes. ) However I see no problem with him being an arch-nemesis of your hero and just some crook for Bats.  :wink:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! )  :classic:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users