• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Member: 15440

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

First off, mad props to Oky and his Super Wars theme.  This is only slightly influenced by that.  After Bruce Skywalker's aunt and uncle are killed by the evil Darth Joker, Bruce learns the ways of the Force and becomes the Bat Knight, vowing to fight crime across the galaxy and destroy the evil Empire!
Posted Image

I was looking at the new Batwing set and thought that how the wings fold open reminded me of the X-Wing and BAM, this happened.
Posted Image

Similar to most Batwings, I wanted mine to look like the Bat symbol from an overhead view.  I like how the cannon tips resemble a bat's claws.
Posted Image

Bruce Skywalker AKA the Bat Knight and his trusty sidekick, the Droid Wonder, R0-B1-N!
Posted Image

I do plan on revisiting this theme in the future.  I'll probably build Darth Joker's Bow-TIE Fighter. :laugh: Let me know what you think!

#2 DFOL

DFOL

Member: 10119

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Not lost in the wrong forum as i thought at first glance, but actually a really nice cross-over! Nice work incorporating elements from both the X-Wing and the Batwing in this model. Too bad you weren't able to match the lightsaber blade to the color scheme, as far as i know it's still not available in trans-yellow.

The high quality of this creation does make me very curious to see what you're gonna make of the proposed Bow-TIE Fighter!
Dutch Fan Of LEGO

#3 Lego Otaku

Lego Otaku

Member: 13293

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Dang that's a very cool cross moc.  It does look like a bat shaped ship and also familiar to SW fan as X-Wing fighter.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#4 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Doesn't like cherry talk

Member: 18405

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostM<0><0<DSWIM, on 12 May 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

His trusty sidekick, the Droid Wonder, R0-B1-N!
I burst out laughing at this. (A pretty bad thing in public.) Nice MOC, you don't disappoint! I really like this cross over. Great job!

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Scott. Great Scott, if you will.

Working on...another...Mafia...story...

#5 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

Really fun and interesting cross-over.

#6 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Greatest crossover MOC ever 'MOOD' :excited: , and the customs rock.....cool to see the Joker as a Sith Lord then ! :laugh:
AWESOME fusion of Bat-Wing and X-Wing.....it's almost too much.....I  :wub: it ! :sweet:

#7 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Member: 14025

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Very cool idea and excellently executed as always! I am also intrigued as to the Bow-Tie Fighter, I can't wait to see that :classic:
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#8 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

This ship is gorgeous and I love the characters too! Great attention to the details of the ship as always! Best cross over I’ve ever seen. Magnificent work MOOD! :wub:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Flickr

#9 Vindicare

Vindicare

Member: 12542

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:50 AM

I suppose given the new Batwing and the way the wings work, this should've been an obvious crossover. You handled it very well and added a good bit of X-Wing. I can't help but see too much Bat Wing in the front. Maybe give it an X-Wing length nose in black? I love the ship, though. You definitely get the X-Wing feel in the back with the engines and greebley bit on the back. Nice job, I like you Bat Knight fig, too!  :thumbup:
Clone Army-147 & counting...

#10 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

This would be a cool contest idea!
I really like it! Great job :sweet:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#11 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thanks, everybody!  Glad you like this as much as I do. :classic:

View PostLegocrazy81, on 13 May 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

I suppose given the new Batwing and the way the wings work, this should've been an obvious crossover. You handled it very well and added a good bit of X-Wing. I can't help but see too much Bat Wing in the front. Maybe give it an X-Wing length nose in black? I love the ship, though. You definitely get the X-Wing feel in the back with the engines and greebley bit on the back. Nice job, I like you Bat Knight fig, too!  :thumbup:
I actually was planning on giving this the extended nose like an X-wing, but it would have looked like a bat with a giraffe's neck from the top view. :laugh:

#12 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

An imaginative crossover :thumbup:. Are you sure Vader is crazy enough for the Joker? Wouldn't Palps be a better choice?
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'

#13 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Wow, very nice, Mood! I'm happy to have inspired such an excellent crossover MOC! :sweet: It has a good amount of features from both vehicles. However, I agree with Legocrazy81 that the nose should be longer. The Batwing in the Animated Series had a relatively long nose too, so I don't see anything wrong with extending the one on your MOC. :wink:
And yes, please do make a Bow-Tie Advanced for Darth Joker! :sweet:

Posted Image

#14 lockdownTF

lockdownTF

Member: 19378

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Oh that awesome and I want one! God I hope lego starts a Bat Wars crossover theme! Now alway we need is a Joker Tie Fighter!

#15 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

View PostOky, on 13 May 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Wow, very nice, Mood! I'm happy to have inspired such an excellent crossover MOC! :sweet: It has a good amount of features from both vehicles. However, I agree with Legocrazy81 that the nose should be longer. The Batwing in the Animated Series had a relatively long nose too, so I don't see anything wrong with extending the one on your MOC. :wink:
And yes, please do make a Bow-Tie Advanced for Darth Joker! :sweet:

Posted Image
Thanks, Oky!  Glad you like it and thanks for the blog. :sweet:

#16 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostMr Man, on 13 May 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

An imaginative crossover :thumbup:. Are you sure Vader is crazy enough for the Joker? Wouldn't Palps be a better choice?
If I had to match up the characters, Luke would not be Batman, but I was basing the characters off of the vehicle combinations.  Joker and Palpy would definately be a better match-up.

#17 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostM<0><0<DSWIM, on 15 May 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

If I had to match up the characters, Luke would not be Batman, but I was basing the characters off of the vehicle combinations.  Joker and Palpy would definately be a better match-up.

I see :classic:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'

#18 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostCeroknight, on 13 May 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

This would be a cool contest idea!
I really like it! Great job :sweet:
So, how 'bout it, admins?  A Super Wars contest in the near future? :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users