• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 goldfish

goldfish

Member: 13412

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Posted Image
Hi,

I guess this will have been done a few times, but this is my take on the Mos Eisley Cantina. My aim was to still give it a fun feel so it could be used as a genuine playset and alternative place for displaying minifigures (with refreshments). It's currently undergoing a thorough examination of this test with my young daughter!

On a serious note, I have for some time wanted the original Lego Mos Eisley set (4501) to be re-made on a slightly bigger scale, so I have also popped on Cuusoo as I couldn't see any other brick built examples on there. If you're interested in looking or supporting, just search on 'Cantina'.    

There is a picture of the inside on flickr. http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!

rich

#2 potnoodlelover

potnoodlelover

Member: 28550

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

nice work

#3 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Doesn't like cherry talk

Member: 18405

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Looks great! I like the drinks behind the barman. Nice piece usage, and nice job!

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.

Playing as the Cook Jafar Masrani in SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia

Working on...another...Mafia...story...

#4 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

Looks great, and yeah I wish they would release a nice new version of that set. Something bigger with a ton of figs.

One weird detail from the actual scene that is somewhat easy to sort of re create in Lego. In ep IV, behind the bar is this sort of complicated looking "expresso machine" type thing. A tall tapered cylander with details. This part would be re used in ep V to become the head of IG88. So the head of an assassin droid works well as a bar detail.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#5 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Great MOC. It represented the Cantina perfectly.

#6 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Makes me want a cantina now.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Koptokaff

Koptokaff

Member: 22444

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Really nice job!

I hope you have given the idea to the LEGO-company, as I personally think we are getting to little of Starwars buildings. And this one is ready for the shelf´s!!! Simply love it...

#8 goldfish

goldfish

Member: 13412

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

View PostKoptokaff, on 13 May 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Really nice job!

I hope you have given the idea to the LEGO-company, as I personally think we are getting to little of Starwars buildings. And this one is ready for the shelf´s!!! Simply love it...

Thanks for all the kind comments. I just popped on Cuusoo (link below). I don't expect it to get more than a handful of votes, as I am learning all the time on MOCs, and it's nowhere near as good as some stuff out there, but my aim was to make a genuine playset that was fun to use as a mini sandpit for figures. It seems to have worked as my little one plays with it constantly compared to all my Star Wars ships that often get ignored.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/16506

Edited by goldfish, 13 May 2012 - 07:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users