Hi fellow Eurobrickers. After being in a little dark age the last few month, because i'm trying to sell my house and got it cleaned up (getting all my sets to storage).
I found some time (and acceptance from my girlfriend ) to buy and build a few of this years sets.
This one was the only sets that still wasn't reviewed, so here's my first attempt of a review!
4430 Fire Transporter
- Theme: City
- Subtheme: Forest Fire
- Year released: 2012
- Pieces: 552
- Minifigs: 3
- Price: €49,99 S@H, I got it for €41,95
The box is quite large for the truck, but so are all today's boxes.
Nothing special on the front side of the box, just a nice overview of the complete set.
The back show the playability of the set and let's you get a glimpse of the suspension of the 8x8 fire truck. Notice the City fire fighter saying "Hey!" and not a forest fire fighter.
Three models, a set of three instructions, I dislike todays divided sets because it makes it way to easy to build. The fun of searching for a piece doesn't really exist anymore.
Thats why I always get the pieces in one big pile and search for the pieces, makes the building time a bit longer .
I really love the new torso's, printed legs and dark red helmets! The torso's and legs are all the same.
We have a 8x8 truck driver, A guy who controls the water cannon and a trail truck driver.
I like the truck, but it feels a bit small with the overall set. The only thing they could done better is the top of the bonnet, it's looks unfinished.
Compared to the truck from 3221 it looks a bit small and simple, I really would liked a truck more similar to the 3221.
With just a few other pieces the truck looks much better. (didn't have right color parts at home, sorry for that, but it give's you an idea).
I really like this trailer because of the command center. It gives the set a lot of playability. In the command center there's a computer with printed tiles, wich I really love! the size of the DSS are becoming larger with every set.
And there's really a lack of printed pieces. Of course there is a coffee machine, wich fire fighter or policeman in Lego City can go to work without a cup of that delicious black gold .
Next to the computer there's also a bed for one of the fire fighters. On top we have a antenna and a satellite dish for communication with base and in the front there is a little storage space for the two fence's.
The rest of the truck is just a flatbed for transporting the 8x8 truck, so nothing special there, but it makes the trailer quite huge.
This is my favorit part of the set, it's a nice large amphibious truck, there are 3 axles that are jointed in the middel and can move freely up and down to created suspension for rugged terrain.
On the back of the truck there's a large fan to cool the engine.
In the middel of the truck is a turret for the water cannon in wich a fire fighter can take on the forest fire's.
On the right back side is a compartment in wich there is a fire extinguisher stored.
The complete set is huge for a truck! The overal length is 47cm (19')! But overal it looks very nice!
- Design & Build: 7/10 - It's a nice design, build something could have been better like I mentioned before, and it's quite an easy build.
- Parts: 7/10 - Nothing new or special, but still over 500 parts!
- Minifigures: - 8/10 I really like the new torso's and printed legs, too bad you get the same three.
- Playability: - 10/10 two trucks, a trailer and a commando center! I know I would love this if I had this back in the late 80's!
- Value: 7/10 - I got the set for €41,95. Thats also the price I would recommend it for, €49,95 is just a bit to high
- Overall: 39/50 - It's a real nice set with lot's of playability, some nice parts but nothing real special. The 8x8 truck is a great design. If you have a forest next to your City it's a must have! Because there's is no forest fire brigade ;-)
Thanks for reading.