Jump to content


LOTR & The Hobbit 2012


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
8253 replies to this topic

#4951 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • Ass


    Posts: 13588
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

View Postdeskp, on 10 July 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

Bilbos hair should be brown!

I hope it's at least dark tan.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Diamond Dodd, Pliskeen cook in DDL and JJP's Blacktron Mafia

#4952 Aeturnus

Aeturnus

    Posts: 101
    Joined: 08-February 05
    Member: 216
    Country: Japan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

Oh nice new figures and molds. Still wondering when the first lot of LOTR lego will be available in Japan though :(

#4953 GRogall

GRogall

  • Firmly in place and absolutely straight

    Posts: 1286
    Joined: 05-February 08
    Member: 2674
    Country: Germany

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:34 AM

Did you guy's only link the lr version?

Picture links to HR version! +4000.pxl

Posted Image

Enjoy!  :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall, 10 July 2012 - 12:54 AM.

Posted Image


#4954 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2311
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

High Resolution Here
EDIT: Grogal beet me to it :sceptic:

Edited by Legonardo Davidy, 10 July 2012 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Flickr


#4955 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • Ass


    Posts: 13588
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Thanks GRogall!!  :sweet:

Dwalin looks a lot better from up close, but I don't think Bombur has any printing.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Diamond Dodd, Pliskeen cook in DDL and JJP's Blacktron Mafia

#4956 TheDarkness

TheDarkness

    Posts: 942
    Joined: 13-July 08
    Member: 3513

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Lego continue to amaze with their minifigs!  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:    
LOTR will send me broke and it has taken over as my favourite Lego theme!
Cannot wait to see the sets that come with it, or the Hobbit movies themselves

#4957 SheepEater

SheepEater

    Posts: 1070
    Joined: 10-May 12
    Member: 28524
    Country: Canada

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Strange that they gave Bilbo his nephew's "tired" eyes...

#4958 Legonardo

Legonardo

  • Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back


    Posts: 2311
    Joined: 04-December 11
    Member: 22773
    Country: Middle Zealand

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

79003 I presume will be the shire.
based on being somewhere before mirkwood (gandalph is present)
no characters beside the "fellowship characters"
and I can't really think of any scenes (in the book of course) that would be made scenes that fit that description.
I could be wrong though

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Flickr


#4959 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3464
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

I much prefer the cut of the 1 hole capes.

Check out my minifigure gallery for The Force Awakens


Posted Image


#4960 Gryphon Ink

Gryphon Ink

  • Confused by the Madness!


    Posts: 892
    Joined: 19-November 10
    Member: 14286
    Country: USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

The minifigs are nice, but I do hope a few more of the dwarves will have "normal" beards and hair, instead of the crazy molds we see here on Bombur and Bofur.  A little variety in dwarven facial hair is always nice, but I can't see using those pieces in too many different scenarios.  They've done a great job making the dwarves into distinct characters, though.  Can't wait for more pics, especially if this really is the Bag End set!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4961 Brickmamba

Brickmamba

    Posts: 1320
    Joined: 08-April 11
    Member: 17142
    Country: OZ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

The new dwarfs look great, TLG have really outdone themselves this time  :wub:
My Flickr
My Instagram @kjavis

#4962 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3464
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostGryphon Ink, on 10 July 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

The minifigs are nice, but I do hope a few more of the dwarves will have "normal" beards and hair, instead of the crazy molds we see here on Bombur and Bofur.  A little variety in dwarven facial hair is always nice, but I can't see using those pieces in too many different scenarios.  They've done a great job making the dwarves into distinct characters, though.  Can't wait for more pics, especially if this really is the Bag End set!

Well you can see from the images of the dwarves in the movie what beards they'll make.

Spoiler

Check out my minifigure gallery for The Force Awakens


Posted Image


#4963 djmangunz

djmangunz

    Posts: 521
    Joined: 26-August 08
    Member: 3834
    Country: Not Mordor

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

After looking at the high rez pictures it appears that Dwalin has blue tats on both sides of his face! That, my friends, is epic. Massively epic. Apparently in the movie Bifur will have a hunk of orc ax still stuck in his head.   :laugh: I can't wait to see what Lego will do with that.

This is going to be a very good Christmas in the mangunz household this year!
It's not a toy, it's a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system...

#4964 SirBlake

SirBlake

    Posts: 686
    Joined: 26-May 12
    Member: 28826
    Country: Texas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

Wow! Never in my wildest dreams would I have hoped for such great likenesses. I mean, they're so very different from each other in the films, they would have to do something special. I just didn't expect so many new, unique molds. I hope they show all 13 dwarves and some goblins at SDCC!

#4965 Gryphon Ink

Gryphon Ink

  • Confused by the Madness!


    Posts: 892
    Joined: 19-November 10
    Member: 14286
    Country: USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Postdeskp, on 10 July 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

Well you can see from the images of the dwarves in the movie what beards they'll make.

Spoiler

I've seen that, but that doesn't really tell us how TLG will do them.  And the dwarves' headgear changes throughout the movies, too.  There is at least one picture out there that shows dwarves wearing the hoods they all have in the book.  And I'm sure they will have helmets on at some point.  Hoods and helmets won't work with those one-piece hair/beards.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4966 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

  • Earned the golden badge after 3 years of hiatus


    Posts: 2344
    Joined: 12-June 11
    Member: 18405
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

Whoa, I love these new figs! Balin looks amazing! I really hope I'll be able to tell the difference between the dwarves! It might be time to pull out the Hobbit again!

My Flickr

I've done a lot of Mafia games over the years. Somehow, I haven't improved at all.


Coming Soon - A Mafia With Way Too Much Bloom and Lens Flares

Posted Image


#4967 Otherworld

Otherworld

    Posts: 406
    Joined: 03-August 11
    Member: 19464
    Country: Mexico

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

Ooh Goodness these are fantastic! Can't wait to see all the others!
Posted Image
~ Emmet

#4968 Fives

Fives

  • Makes structured rants


    Posts: 2637
    Joined: 31-December 10
    Member: 15059
    Country: Canada

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostJackJonespaw, on 10 July 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Whoa, I love these new figs! Balin looks amazing! I really hope I'll be able to tell the difference between the dwarves! It might be time to pull out the Hobbit again!

I think the movies will help with differences. They all look really different.

Thanks, Grogall, for the hi res pic of these amazing figs! Upon closer inspection, Dwalin looks a lot better. I think that Balon is my favourite, though. He looks like Santa after a really rough Christmas eve!  :laugh:
"There has been an awakening... have you felt it? The Dark Side... and the Light." - Supreme Leader Snoke

#4969 Shroffy123

Shroffy123

    Posts: 320
    Joined: 03-May 10
    Member: 10502
    Country: USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

Wow these look great.  I'm happy that LEGO is making them each unique (as they should be).  Seeing this, it makes me more confident that LOTR will be taking on the role of SW for us castle/fantasy fans!

#4970 djmangunz

djmangunz

    Posts: 521
    Joined: 26-August 08
    Member: 3834
    Country: Not Mordor

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

One of the fears I had about the upcoming Hobbit sets was if Lego would run the risk of repeating themselves. Tolken has several recurring themes in both the Hobbit and the LOTR books, such as trolls, caves featuring goblins and giant spiders. In the LOTR sets from this summer, we already had excellent versions of all those themes ie. the Mines of Moria and Shelob attacks. And we all know the Hobbit films will tackle similar territory, like the spiders in Mirkwood.

However, seeing how creative Lego has been just with these few minifigures and the detail and creativity they have put into them alleviates many of those fears.Anyone else have any thoughts or concerns about getting "repeats" with the Hobbit sets?

Anyway, here is a little something to help you fantasize about future Hobbit sets. The latest poster from New Line depicting many of the major events in the first movie. Beorn in megafigure size anyone? :wub:

http://collider.com/...nner-poster.jpg
It's not a toy, it's a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system...

#4971 Fives

Fives

  • Makes structured rants


    Posts: 2637
    Joined: 31-December 10
    Member: 15059
    Country: Canada

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postdjmangunz, on 10 July 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

One of the fears I had about the upcoming Hobbit sets was if Lego would run the risk of repeating themselves. Tolken has several recurring themes in both the Hobbit and the LOTR books, such as trolls, caves featuring goblins and giant spiders. In the LOTR sets from this summer, we already had excellent versions of all those themes ie. the Mines of Moria and Shelob attacks. And we all know the Hobbit films will tackle similar territory, like the spiders in Mirkwood.

However, seeing how creative Lego has been just with these few minifigures and the detail and creativity they have put into them alleviates many of those fears.Anyone else have any thoughts or concerns about getting "repeats" with the Hobbit sets?

Anyway, here is a little something to help you fantasize about future Hobbit sets. The latest poster from New Line depicting many of the major events in the first movie. Beorn in megafigure size anyone? :wub:

http://collider.com/...nner-poster.jpg

Thanks for the link to that poster! I can't tell if it's official or fan made, though. It seems official, but the Wargs look a lot like normal wolves, and nothing like those from LOTR.

Also, I don't think we are gonna see a lot of repeats for the Hobbit sets. Sure there are trolls and spiders in both The Hobbit and LOTR, but in the Hobbit, there are three trolls outside by a big fire, unlike the one troll in Moria. The spiders are many, and most likely smaller compared to Shelob, and they are in a forest. And the goblins have a more defined leader, and will most likely have different armor, and maybe even look different from the Moria orcs.

I wonder if LEGO will make the stone giants that play games during the big storm, before the group is swallowed up into Golblin Town.
"There has been an awakening... have you felt it? The Dark Side... and the Light." - Supreme Leader Snoke

#4972 djmangunz

djmangunz

    Posts: 521
    Joined: 26-August 08
    Member: 3834
    Country: Not Mordor

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

All excellent points and I agree completely. And brother, that is official not fan made. Bask in it's awesomeness! :grin:  

Here is a link to the article:

http://collider.com/...-banner/178415/
It's not a toy, it's a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system...

#4973 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3464
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostGryphon Ink, on 10 July 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

I've seen that, but that doesn't really tell us how TLG will do them.  And the dwarves' headgear changes throughout the movies, too.  There is at least one picture out there that shows dwarves wearing the hoods they all have in the book.  And I'm sure they will have helmets on at some point.  Hoods and helmets won't work with those one-piece hair/beards.

well im pretty sure they won't wear helmets in the first movie, and I dont think lego will make them wearing hoods (except for Ori perhaps) It's in their best interest to make them as recognizable as possible.  And I'm gonna guess most of the action happens with the hoods off.

It really would be dissapointing if they made Nori with hood on. (the guy with star shaped hair)

Check out my minifigure gallery for The Force Awakens


Posted Image


#4974 Falconer

Falconer

    Posts: 82
    Joined: 05-January 12
    Member: 23841

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

The Bofur minifig comes with his hood.

#4975 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3464
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostFalconer, on 10 July 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

The Bofur minifig comes with his hood.

Thats his hat, and he wears it in almost everything we've seen from the movie.

Check out my minifigure gallery for The Force Awakens


Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users