wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

To quote the video's YouTube description:

"Between the first and the second wave of sets LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game will be released in October 2012.

The second wave, to be released at some point in autumn, will include sets from the upcoming movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, due for release in the Winter."

This sounds very much as though the second wave will include LOTR sets and not just Hobbit sets. Thoughts?

Edited by Philip Robin

This sounds very much as though the second wave will include LOTR sets and not just Hobbit sets. Thoughts?

dunno if i trust tht as a source.. but:

Might be preferable to lots of sets with bad movie likeness, but I'd miss the minifigures we'd miss out on from The Hobbit.

we'll see.

Edited by deskp

That does indeed make it sound like it could be a mixed wave! That would be possible; I'm thinking maybe 5 Hobbit sets and 2-3 LotR sets if that's the case.

Look what some brilliant people have come up with:

Flickr Link

Here are 2 other pictures of the Mines of Moria ingame:

'Link'

'Link 2'

Thanks for those! At least Legolas' video game version has a quiver.

Look what some brilliant people have come up with:

Flickr Link

Here are 2 other pictures of the Mines of Moria ingame:

'Link'

'Link 2'

:wub: :wub: Wow! Those look amazing! Am I seeing right in that Legolas is wearing a quiver? (Look at his neck in link 2)

EDIT: whoops, I was beat to it.

On a separate topic, has anyone thought that Sam's hair is inaccurate? I personally think the CM Soccer Player hair works better.

Edited by Philip Robin

On a separate topic, has anyone thought that Sam's hair is inaccurate? I personally think the CM Soccer Player hair works better.

His hair isn't wavy and doesn't come down like the CM Soccer Player hair. So that is more inaccurate. Hobbits have that bushy, curly hair.

-Omi

I doughnut know if any LEGO LOTR fans care about this, but Brickset has listed two new LOTR Product Collections: 5001130 The Battle of Helm's Deep Collection and 5001132 The Lord of the Rings Collection. I personally like 5001130 the most as I don't have those two sets, and product collections usually cost $10-$20 less than buying the sets separately. I just hope 5001130 is available at the LEGO store, as that would be the only place I would buy it at. :classic:

Update: The sets are available on S@H and you get free shipping, a Frodo poster, and the Mini Sopwith Camel! *oh2*

5001130 - Still $160, but gives double VIP points.

5001132 - $352.94 instead of $372.93, but only gives 352 VIP points.

Can't wait 'til I get a Summer job.

Edited by just2good

I took some Mines of Moria photos and added them into an existing review threat by "Lego Otaku" (page 4). In case anybody is interested, have a look here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69853&st=45&gopid=1301652entry1301652

I guess the main things of interest to some people are the following two: The set without stickers and equipment on the Moria orcs. I really want a battle pack with these guys more than any other!

7323467506_0baf2e580d_c.jpg

7323258628_c176c79ca5_c.jpg

The LOTR site now has an animation for the Uruk hai Army

The LOTR site now has an animation for the Uruk hai Army

On this one, one too many armour pieces is falsely depicted. Nit-picking, of course. I really love these animations! Looking forward to Helm's Deep and an animated Shelob!

Just noticed that the Hobbits in the game are bare-footed. (see Pippin in image LINK 2 in my previous post)

Just noticed that the Hobbits in the game are bare-footed. (see Pippin in image LINK 2 in my previous post)

YESSSSS!!!! ever since I saw that Frodo poster a year ago I hoped this would happen yes!

Too bad that the Hobbit minifigs aren't. :sad:

I'm just curious about those poly bags. Does anyone know what they usually cost? I want to try and get 50 of the Uruk one.

I'm just curious about those poly bags. Does anyone know what they usually cost? I want to try and get 50 of the Uruk one.

I'm pretty sure I got a NinjaGo one at TRU for $2-4. You could get I'd say at least 9 Uruks for the price of one of the army sets.

I'm pretty sure I got a NinjaGo one at TRU for $2-4. You could get I'd say at least 9 Uruks for the price of one of the army sets.

Thanks, good to know. Maybe I won't try to get 50 after all.

Also, some people were talking about how the next wave will have both Hobbit and LOTR sets. If they do that, maybe it means LOTR battle packs, and the rest the Hobbit? I would be happy with that, especially if they had Helm's Deep elves. Haldir looks pretty lonely on the Deeping Wall, being the only Lorien elf.

More like $3.50-$5.00. Since these are licensed, I think they're going to be at least $3.99 at stores like Target, closer to $5.00 at TRU.

I took some Mines of Moria photos and added them into an existing review threat by "Lego Otaku" (page 4)

good job :) thanks

I haven't found any sets with orcs in them yet (uruk hai, yes, plenty) but I BLd a few orc minifigs. I must say a down side is the fact that the Moria orcs 2 faces are so similar, and there is only one Mordor orc face. Only 1 torso each too. I would definitely like to amass those guys, but they look so similar. :sad: I put them next to some Fantasy Era orcs (trolls, whatever) and wow, they look weird together. :sick:

I haven't found any sets with orcs in them yet (uruk hai, yes, plenty) but I BLd a few orc minifigs. I must say a down side is the fact that the Moria orcs 2 faces are so similar, and there is only one Mordor orc face. Only 1 torso each too. I would definitely like to amass those guys, but they look so similar. :sad: I put them next to some Fantasy Era orcs (trolls, whatever) and wow, they look weird together. :sick:

Some suggestions to get different looks:

- armor

- quivers and bows

- different weapons

- helmets (stolen from the dwarves in Moria)

- different leg pieces

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9661-Lego-Lord-of-the-Rings

It seemed like such a sure hit, most of us wondered why it took so long. Well, the wait is over; today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced Traveller's Tales is currently working on Lego Lord of the Rings. I recently had a chance to get an early look at next week's E3 demo, which follows the Fellowship in Balin's Tomb, from Pippin's accident at the well to the battle with the orcs to the final showdown with the cave troll.

The game features the full Fellowship, and presumably several unlockable characters, and all the voices are provided by the cast from the film. Yes, the Lego series appears to be moving away from the gibberish dialogue and pantomime featured in previous games. It's a bit odd at first to look at these comically blocky figures and hear the gravitas in Ian McKellen's voice, but I think it works overall, particularly because the situations and animations still have that slightly silly Lego feel.

In true Traveller's Tales fashion, each of the characters has unique abilities that you'll have to use to get past certain obstacles. Sam Gamgee, for instance, has a tinderbox he can use to burn certain objects in the environment. The mechanic should be familiar to Lego game fans; the bounty hunters in Star Wars and Batman in his own game each had bombs that could destroy certain parts of the environment. In the case of Balin's Tomb, Sam has to burn a pile of wood to get at a key the Fellowship needs to open a nearby chest.

The game also adopts that slightly humorous take on the situations and characters the Lego series is known for. Gimli's power, for instance, is that he can be thrown through certain walls to unlock new areas and items. Here, Gimli's got to knock down a wall to get at the crank the Fellowship needs to wind the bucket up the nearby well. Each character also has a unique fighting style, so when the goblins come rushing in, you'll find that Gimli and Legolas don't fight the same way.

As an archer, Legolas is also useful for hitting out of the way switches with his arrows. It works exactly the same way the blaster characters worked in Star Wars, except instead of shooting red targets to drop crates on Stormtroopers, you're shooting red targets to gain access to the materials you need to barricade the doors leading into the Tomb. Not surprisingly, the powers all suit the characters and the circumstances of the movie. During the fight with the cave troll, for instance, Legolas' arrows play a key role. The player will have to lure the cave troll into using his chain to strike at key points in the environment. Once his chain gets stuck, the hobbits have a chance to jump on the troll's back and give Legolas a chance to shoot him in the eye.

It's all very faithful to the source material, which is no surprise if you've played Traveller's Tales versions of Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones or Pirates of the Caribbean. There's still lots more to talk about with this game, such as which other heroes or villains we might get to play as, if the co-op play is being extended beyond the couch, or if we'll see a Hobbit expansion. We'll be swinging by to check out the game again at E3 next week, so be sure to come back for more updates.

Does this mean anything?

LOL.png

It was in the recent summer catalog along with the cover being a small poster of Frodo:

-Sci