wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

I just noticed that the official lego lotr site has had a massive update - the video game trailer (as pointed out above), the official toys commercial, and the rest of the sets on the middle earth map.

Also... the official message boards finally have a LOTR forum.

Edited by SheepEater

Every body is going to want this! and this :devil:

I definitely want the first one, the second one however isn't that great.

I hope the first one shows up somewhere near me :classic:

If the poly bag is under $5, hello easy army! Who will be the first to have an army of 10,000 for Helms Deep? :tongue: Not me the most I can afford is 1,000 if I sell everything I have in BL store.

I cant buy anything from your BL store right now... i'm guessing it will only be 995

What's with the lack of Rohan soldiers? Of all the sets you get one soldier, compared to like 10 Uruk Hai soldiers. That Frodo polybag should have been a Rohan soldier to go along with the Uruk Hai poly.

Edited by thornie

Too bad polybags usually don't appear around here. :cry_sad:

Same here. :cry_sad:

On the other hand that game is going to be fantastic. :moar:

And we could guess they will make a Balrog in the future, perhaps brick build.

Really love the look of the game, so glad that Lego found a way to add voices but keep the humour. Can't wait to get my hands on some of the sets. Curse you August why do you have to be so far away. :sad:

Wow! Thanks for the video! This looks like the best LEGO game yet! The fact that they have the actual voices makes it so much better! I can't wait to see some gameplay!

For Canadian residents:

I'm not sure if Toys R Us Canada (online) will honor this, but they got the price of Helm's Deep and Weathertop switched up (Helm's Deep listed at $79.99 and Weathertop at $179.99). I was able to place an order for Helm's Deep even though it's in Backorder. Whether this gets shipped to me or not is anybody's guess.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12833061

I don't even know if I should be posting this in the deals forum instead, because I don't really know if the deal is good or not. Just a heads up.

That sure would be unfortunate for them to sell a bunch of them at $79.99. Maybe it is vindication for the TRU markup?

It will be interesting to see how they handle that little issue :laugh:

That sure would be unfortunate for them to sell a bunch of them at $79.99. Maybe it is vindication for the TRU markup?

It will be interesting to see how they handle that little issue :laugh:

Most often they'll just send out an email cancelling the order and say that it's an error, but if you're lucky they'll email you a GC or discount code for $5 to $10. I'm not expecting anything, but just thought I'd try. (I was planning to drive down to the States in August anyway to get this and avoid the "Canadian tax")

Edited by pong0814

Hm...looks like Gandalf has a Dumbledore beard in the video game. Makes you wonder how far back they must have been developing the game, if there are discrepancies like that.

Hm...looks like Gandalf has a Dumbledore beard in the video game. Makes you wonder how far back they must have been developing the game, if there are discrepancies like that.

Actually that is the the Gandalf beard with the Dumbledore hair.

For Canadian residents:

I'm not sure if Toys R Us Canada (online) will honor this, but they got the price of Helm's Deep and Weathertop switched up (Helm's Deep listed at $79.99 and Weathertop at $179.99). I was able to place an order for Helm's Deep even though it's in Backorder. Whether this gets shipped to me or not is anybody's guess.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12833061

I don't even know if I should be posting this in the deals forum instead, because I don't really know if the deal is good or not. Just a heads up.

JUST PLACED THE ORDER

It's backordered, but I placed it anyway.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Not only there was a glitch in the pricing, but I got free shipping as well!

It more than makes up for having to wait until they get it ;-)

Edited by SheepEater

^

The free shipping was actually a deal for all the LEGO LOTR pre-orders. Don't get your hopes up too much yet, though. I'd feel really bad if I was the one responsible for the big letdown once they cancel those preorders. I just posted this "deal" in the slightest chance they would actually honor it.

lego_lotr_videogame.jpg

Its a cool poster/cover so I think it deserves being posted in this thread despite being for the video game.

I like that they've added a piece on handalfs staff, making it less akward, I think I'd still prefer a upsidedown small cone piece tho.

Shame their Orcs doesen't look the the proepr mordor orcs from ROTK, they were redesigned for roth to be more of a threath.

Also Aragorns sword looks nice! hopefully we'll still get that at some point, and gandalfs hat looks much better being modified, soemthign we'll proeprbly enver see in real lego.

Thanks for the pic, deskp! That looks really epic! Sting looks really cool shining like that, and Anduril looks amazing! I really hope we get it in the next LOTR wave. The piece at the end of Gandalf's staff... I never thought of using it. I don't have it in brown, and use the upside down cone anyway, like you said, but I just put a clear stud upside down as well, to represent the light. Anyway, thanks for this! Can't wait for the game!

^

The free shipping was actually a deal for all the LEGO LOTR pre-orders. Don't get your hopes up too much yet, though. I'd feel really bad if I was the one responsible for the big letdown once they cancel those preorders. I just posted this "deal" in the slightest chance they would actually honor it.

I placed a second order for FIVE more of these sets - but this time, over the phone.

The phone representative was very sleepy and had no idea whatsover.

At the very worst, they'll have to give me my money back when they find out about the glitch.

I like that they've added a piece on handalfs staff, making it less akward, I think I'd still prefer a upsidedown small cone piece tho.

:hmpf:

gandalf_book.jpg

I'm wondering... Will the video game come out for PC? :look:

It doesn't show the logo on the webpage :oh3:

Also, I was originally disgusted by minifigures having voices in Batman 2, but I'm fine with it now beacause we can hear such quotes as, YOU SHALL NOT PASS! They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard! and MY PRECIOUSS! I'm also happy ot see the videogame will have the proper soundtrack.

Edited by Flobnomdob

When it comes to Gandalf's staff, remember SheepEater that the licence is for the movies, not the books (and John Howe's cover picture is just one interpretation as is the film imagery). As such one can legitimately complain that using simple stick is not exactly accurate, though personally I think it is a good choice. Adding a cone or something else to the staff would make it look rather heavy and unbalanced, and wasting a new mold would not have been wise either, in my opinion.

Both the trailer and the picture look very epic! Gonna be the best LEGO game ever, I tell ya. :cry_happy:

I'm just a bit afraid that the high amount of identical Mordor orcs shown on the poster might indicate that they're just doing

one design for those orcs... but let's just hope there will be more variations of them.

~ General Magma

Hellooooo nurse! On one hand, that Uruk looks like the army building opportunity of the century, on the other, a direct reissue of the Frodo that comes with the most affordable set so far (Gandalf arrives). It's like the best possible, and worst possible solutions they could have come up with. With the purchase of 2 sets, I already have 8 Uruk-Hai, yet only one lonely Rohirrim. Missed opportunity for sure.

Oh well, I'm an optimist. Perhaps there are more to come that will address this issue.

A bit weird choices for polybags. That Frodo is in the cheapest set (and there are two other Frodos, too). The Uruk warrior is also quite plentiful without the poly as it comes in numbers in the most cost-effective, most army builder-like set. A Rohirrim or a Mordor or Moria Orc would have been better in my opinion. Not that these would ever show up in my country though so I don't really mind either way...