MOC: SNCB/NMBS Class 70 Shunter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michaelozzie

michaelozzie

• Fabuland Captain

Member: 5349

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

This is the class 70 shunting locos used around Antwerp harbour many years ago. The 270005 engine is preserved in original livery. The moc is 9 studs wide and the silver smoke stack acts as the battery power switch. I would have liked to have used dark green bricks but there was a lack of necessary parts. More photos of the switching house and blue shunter can be seen on my flickr.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nothing of interest to show here to anybody on eurobricks.

#2 roamingstop

roamingstop

• Blue train track Guinness World Record pusher extraordinaire

Member: 9215

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I agree dark green (link) would have been *sweet* - but looking at the original photo, I cant help but feel the nose is slightly too wide. Is there a reason you went for such a wide head - apart from having to hide the battery box? I wonder if SNOT work similar to the Maersk locomotive would help with that?

#3 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

That does appear to be one mighty big shunter. I did think that it was way to big for mini-fig scale until I sawe the pictures of the real thing and then realised it was a lot bigger than the little engine I had imagined. Yes I agree dark green would have been better, but the parts can be hard to come by and expensive so I think you have done a pretty good job all in all at representing this engine.

#4 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

Mean and green comes to mind Michael.  While your shunter is most impressive, I really like your layout/scene with the little blue shunter in the background.  Nice photos as well. :thumbup:

#5 The Rip

The Rip

Member: 28432

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

where are the wheels?
What does Victorian mean for trains?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users