Modular Madness: Rob's House

5 replies to this topic

#1 arator

arator

Member: 17040

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Posted Image B-RM-09E

I was planning a modular building, based on the prairie houses build by Frank Lloyd Wright, when I came by this contest. My original building was planned on a 48x48 baseplate. Damn those restrictions in this contest :tongue:.

At this moment it is a WIP, so I just post some LDD-printscreens. And wait on your comments. (Then I know if I need to build it in real or not :sadnew:)

The ground floor and basement
Posted Image
Posted Image
Arator, nisi incurvus, preavaricatur
Gaius Plinius Secundus

#2 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Think you should build this. Although all 1x2 plates would be quite an undertaking. Might I suggest doing that area/floor in the 'brick' brick. It may be expensive, I have no clue, but it would look impressive, I think. I like your front porch area, the entry way. You've got a great start here, keep going.
Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#3 lowbike1

lowbike1

Member: 9927

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

thats awesome!

#4 TheKingOfBuilding

TheKingOfBuilding

Member: 18693

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Very nice house, I like this style of architecture. I am eagerly waiting to see the top floor of the house!

View PostLegocrazy81, on 06 May 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Although all 1x2 plates would be quite an undertaking. Might I suggest doing that area/floor in the 'brick' brick.

I agree. Unless you're planning to use different shades of red (e.g dark, sand and normal red) 1x2 plates don't really have that much effect in real life, LDD outlines the plates to make them stand out while the edges are not that noticeable in person so you'd be much better off using normal bricks.

Posted Image

For all of my models, visit my flickr!

#5 legitimatealex

legitimatealex

Member: 9691

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

Two Robie houses and you will have all the brick red you need : ) Either that or a great Pick A Brick experience. Good luck! I think you should definitely build this.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ My LEGO Creations and my humor, all on display for the glory of the Internet.

#6 arator

arator

Member: 17040

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

It is easier to get the plates then bricks. Some people have above the 1000 plates. The highest count on bricks was 4. (checked on bricklink).
Arator, nisi incurvus, preavaricatur
Gaius Plinius Secundus

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users