Tobiasz

HMS HISPANIOLA

[pid][/pid] 130C

The 18th century. Caribbean sea. Traveller John Reewes is setting off on the frigate „Hispaniola” along with friends for seeking the missing treasure of captain Flint. Crew of the ship are creating: squire Trelawney – main foundator of the expedition, dr Livsey, captain Jack and Jimmy – the cabin boy. But our travellers don't know that there is amongst the crew an old Flint’s comrade – the Long John Silver …. Enjoy!

* some names and an idea of this creation of course are from the Rober Louis Stevenson’s „Treasure Island”

Few photos - click on the picture to enlarge image, sorry for poor quality of photos

001.jpg

003.jpg_thumb.jpg004.jpg_thumb.jpg 005.jpg_thumb.jpg 006.jpg_thumb.jpg 008.jpg_thumb.jpg

Link of the rest of photos (when public) - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=502780

The flag was made of paper - I found a picture on google, resize, print and cut out :pir-classic:

The flag was made of paper - I found a picture on google, resize, print and cut out :pir-classic:

Ok, thanks!

Very nice, I really should try four courses of sails on a mast, it looks great, nice rope work.

Wow, I love the ship! :pir-classic: Especially the rope work and color scheme.

(Btw, I'm new at this forum, I will soon introduce myself :pir_yoda: )

I was reading the book, but I sort of lost interest after they arrived on the Cursed Island.

It's a good looking frigate, by the way. Keep her afloat the best you can!

I think it is an awsome ship, love all the crew.

However the flag at the rear is 19th century. (I can tell because of the diagonal red cross.)

Thanks for all comments, I am very pleased that you like my ship, as for the flag indeed it's from 19 century - simply I don't know a lot about British flags from that period - I only know that also exsisted a similar flag with the red background - I saw it on movies :pir-classic:

The red flag means either it is a differant fleet or it is a merchant ship.

In the 18th century it means a differant fleet I think.

The flag you’ve chosen is indeed nice; I did the same thing myself. The one you’ve chosen indicates your ship is attached to a squadron under command of an admiral of the white after 1801. Your frigate is rather nice as well, though it does seem the shrouds reach a bit far back.

I have no reference for this, so I’ll present it as a suggestion in the hopes that someone with appropriate ligature can chime in and clear things up. I remember reading before that not only did the color of the ensign denote seniority of the commanding admiral, but the operational location of the squadron in the world.

The back are very impressive, the same goes for the rest of the ship to be honest pirate_wink.gif

The one you’ve chosen indicates your ship is attached to a squadron under command of an admiral of the white after 1801.

Indeed ;) I think properly the flag should be on the red background, but I don't know exactly

The back are very impressive

I have read the book, and who on earth is John Reewes? Also, the captain's name isn't Jack. However, it is a nice ship, and I hope you make more MOCs. The rigging is nice, you should add a cabin.

Edited by Lightning Dragon