LEGO Cuusoo Modular Building Mall Idea

12 replies to this topic

#1 TomRoid

TomRoid

Member: 20930

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

It'd not on LEGO Cuusoo but what if the next Modular Building was a shopping mall (first time in LEGO) with actual real life stores like:

Disney Store (with Disney characters and Disney design)
LEGO Store
TRU Store?
Apple Store
McDonalds Restaurant (with mascots)
Burger King/KFC/Pizza Hut Restaurants
Food Court
Elevators
Signs for stores
Ect.

Your thoughts?

#2 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hmm well though it sounds like a nice idea I doubt it would happen for several reasons.
1 size- it would have to be gigantuous to house all those parts.
2 cost- with something like that you would look to pay around £1000.
3 liscence- to biuld this lego would need to get an apple,Mcdonalds and a Burger king liscence.
So it does sound like a great suggestion though it does seem unlikely. :classic:

Edited by The Joker1, 02 May 2012 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#3 LRDark

LRDark

Member: 28111

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

There would be one heck of a price attached to that! I think the shopping mall idea would have the greatest strength in being another line of modular buildings, with having each individual store as a separate set with the same structural integrity of the current modular buildings. Something along the lines of the original Harry Potter castle sets, yet with more detail.

#4 splatman

splatman

Member: 12763

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

I was thinking of the same thing last night!
Just like the Modular Sets (Grand Emporium, etc.), this would consist of several small sets that would be combined to make a mall.
Stores would be released 1 or 2 or 3 a year, with the occasional anchor store. Kiosks, too. Original brands would be created by LEGO or Cuusoo members, in addition to licensed brands, like Apple, Sears, and Mc D's. A few sets would be placed side-by-side to make a strip mall. Several sets would be arranged in an enclosed mall configuration, maybe even stacked, to make a multi-level mall. Other mall features, such as fountains, sitting or dining areas, stairs, escalators, and gardens would be sets in their own right.

#5 mrklaw

mrklaw

Member: 14078

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Sounds nice on first thought, but the buildings would be pretty dull IMO. Most stores in malls are identikit modules, only varying in size and the plastic sign above the door. Interior layouts are different but even those are often a common shell and it's just the shelves and signage that changes.

That's why I think Lego went with the older architecture, just allows for more interesting buildings

#6 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

Member: 19563

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

I don't think that I like the whole Mall idea, but a few modular licensed stores would be neat. Something like the stores you mentioned, besides M&M's World, a comic book store with Marvel and DC stuff (and maybe even SW), Borders... The possibilities are practically endless. Yep, it could be fun to see a few licensed stores.

Edited by johnnyvgoode, 03 May 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#7 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Postjohnnyvgoode, on 03 May 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

I don't think that I like the whole Mall idea, but a few modular licensed stores would be neat. Something like the stores you mentioned, besides M&M's World, a comic book store with Marvel and DC stuff (and maybe even SW), Borders... The possibilities are practically endless. Yep, it could be fun to see a few licensed stores.
That would be cool! Like the custom buildings on eBay. These would be great additions I think. Good idea, johnny :thumbup:
Clone Army-124 & counting...

#8 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 05 May 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

That would be cool! Like the custom buildings on eBay. These would be great additions I think. Good idea, johnny :thumbup:

Thanks. I haven't seen those though. Have you got any links?

Perhaps we should all make a Cuusoo idea.  :classic:  I'm not the building kind of Lego fan though (yeah, you can mock me if you want  :blush: ).

#9 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hey, there's a similar idea on Cuusoo! I've supported it already.  :sweet:

#10 LRDark

LRDark

Member: 28111

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

View Postjohnnyvgoode, on 10 May 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hey, there's a similar idea on Cuusoo! I've supported it already.  :sweet:

Nice designs on that one! Supported. Any idea where Lego would start with that, though? I imagine the creator would have to provide a single brand or a list of potential brands, should this see 10k? I know they've done McDonalds as a set before, so that might be a good starting place. Still no mall, but those look like they'd work so well in just about any town. Thanks for the find :thumbup:

#11 johnnyvgoode

johnnyvgoode

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostLRDark, on 11 May 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Nice designs on that one! Supported. Any idea where Lego would start with that, though? I imagine the creator would have to provide a single brand or a list of potential brands, should this see 10k? I know they've done McDonalds as a set before, so that might be a good starting place. Still no mall, but those look like they'd work so well in just about any town. Thanks for the find :thumbup:

You're welcome.  :thumbup:  Well, I'm not sure how they would handle that, but they'll probably arrange that with the creator. Anyways, it's good to let Lego know that it's an idea with potential.  :grin:

#12 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

View Postjohnnyvgoode, on 05 May 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

Thanks. I haven't seen those though. Have you got any links?

Perhaps we should all make a Cuusoo idea.  :classic:  I'm not the building kind of Lego fan though (yeah, you can mock me if you want  :blush: ).
No links, but just search "Lego custom town" and among the results should be quite a few restaurants. Theres Taco Bell, Chic-Fil-A, Chilis, just to name a few.
Clone Army-124 & counting...

#13 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

It sounds like a fantastic group moc build for a club or something similar. Maybe even a public display at a new mall Lego store. ( build the mall in the mall). I can't see it as a line of sets however. To many licensing issues. No way to interact with vehicles so limited play value, etc. there are better more traditional themes they could do to target that more AFOL niche group.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users