MOC: New truck for Fire Brigade 10197

6 replies to this topic

#1 antp

antp

Member: 8412

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image V-LF-14E

One of the reasons that made me hesitate to buy the Fire Brigade (unlike the other modular buildings that I bought directly) was the old-style truck that comes with it.
So I made a new one.
I was a little inspired by Triborough's truck:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=55206
but in the end mine looks completely different, except the pipes taken from the original old truck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The width & height is just the right size to fit in the building... but the truck is a little too long by one or two studs (it fits in the building but the garage door can't be closed)

More on http://mocpages.com/moc.php/321665

Edited by Phred, 03 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#2 kzv

kzv

Member: 9159

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Nice truck!!
Fits perfect  :tongue:

#3 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postantp, on 02 May 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

The width & height is just the right size to fit in the building... but the truck is a little too long by one or two studs (it fits in the building but the garage door can't be closed)

Believe it or not, that means you got the newer truck sized just right. Every real world fire department has encountered that issue where the new style modern fire trucks are just a hair too long to fit in the old in unmodified buildings. Often they discover this when they back the new truck in and knock down an interior wall  :tongue:

Pretty much every classic pre 1970's street front / brick front firehouse has had to have its vehicle bays modified and extended by 1-3 feet ( .5 - 1 meters) in order to fit a modern standard " class A" pumper truck.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#4 wondermonkey

wondermonkey

Member: 17760

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

View PostFaefrost, on 05 May 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Believe it or not, that means you got the newer truck sized just right. Every real world fire department has encountered that issue where the new style modern fire trucks are just a hair too long to fit in the old in unmodified buildings. Often they discover this when they back the new truck in and knock down an interior wall  :tongue:

Pretty much every classic pre 1970's street front / brick front firehouse has had to have its vehicle bays modified and extended by 1-3 feet ( .5 - 1 meters) in order to fit a modern standard " class A" pumper truck.

That is interesting. I went through the same process modding my firehouse after backing through the back doors with my new fire truck.

Nice little truck by the way. :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 -zenn

-zenn

• Hoverbikes+Cycles+Hot Rods Expert

Member: 10143

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Nice front section and use of oldschool tiles.
Posted Image

#6 antp

antp

Member: 8412

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Thanks  :classic:

Nice anecdote Faefrost :thumbup:

#7 bootz

bootz

Member: 19321

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Very nice firetruck antp, I like the mix of new and old pieces, plus the use of pieces from the truck that came with FB. The red and black color combo looks great too, especially with the old fire logo.  :thumbup:

I too made my own truck for my FB, though with a less modern approach. I'll make my own thread with more pics later but here it is. Funny how the fronts of both are very similar yet totally different.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users