Jump to content


Rock Crawler 100% Lego parts


12 replies to this topic

#1 raus

raus

    Posts: 51
    Joined: 18-November 10
    Member: 14275

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hello folks, after months without creating nothing and established to assemble, I decided to again make a new version of Rock Crawler. After my first model adored by some and hated by many for the use of non-LEGO parts and tires changed, I decided to build a new model 100% LEGO. The previous model has much to say, left the site Technibricks, Eurobricks, Setechnic and many purists have criticized the changes and questioned the income due to them. After that came an avalanche of MOCs on the network and even the LEGO decided to create one. But are defining Trials as Crawlers! The difference is quite large! So I made this model and I'm posting a few videos and photos soon. I do not know quite yet what he is capable, but it was a particular challenge. How to create a crawler entirely with LEGO bricks and do what truly makes a crawler! Follow the videos. Thanks!
My link

#2 Conchas

Conchas

    Posts: 427
    Joined: 14-March 07
    Member: 1449
    Country: Portugal

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Given the wheel/tire combination, I must confess I thought tires were not LEGO when I saw the video for the first time yesterday. :tongue:

The performance on the couch is very decent! :thumbup:
FCorreia

LEGO Fan: A lifelong experience - Play Well (Leg Godt)

Posted Image
       Posted Image

#3 raus

raus

    Posts: 51
    Joined: 18-November 10
    Member: 14275

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostConchas, on 02 May 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Given the wheel/tire combination, I must confess I thought tires were not LEGO when I saw the video for the first time yesterday. :tongue:

The performance on the couch is very decent! :thumbup:
TAnks !

#4 DLuders

DLuders

  • Technic Technician


    Posts: 5817
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7868
    Country: USA (WA State)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

The Lego Rock Crawler MAN (raus) is BACK! :classic:   I always admired your daring creations.   :thumbup:   I personally don't mind you using non-Lego parts, but this latest Crawler is great!



#5 raus

raus

    Posts: 51
    Joined: 18-November 10
    Member: 14275

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostDLuders, on 02 May 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

The Lego Rock Crawler MAN (raus) is BACK! :classic:   I always admired your daring creations.   :thumbup:   I personally don't mind you using non-Lego parts, but this latest Crawler is great!


Thank you! I try to please everyone, but is not always possible!

#6 88high

88high

    Posts: 275
    Joined: 20-November 11
    Member: 22120
    Country: US

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I think this is your best crawler yet raus! Why? Because it uses all Lego pieces and also, it has a short wheelbase. I sure hope you make instructions for each module!

#7 timslegos

timslegos

    Posts: 2194
    Joined: 14-July 11
    Member: 19027
    Country: United States

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I saw the video on youtube yesterday.  I am really impressed with the traction of the tires, scaling a wall is pretty impressive.

tim

#8 raus

raus

    Posts: 51
    Joined: 18-November 10
    Member: 14275

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Post88high, on 02 May 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

I think this is your best crawler yet raus! Why? Because it uses all Lego pieces and also, it has a short wheelbase. I sure hope you make instructions for each module!
Thank you! Within the possibilities I am satisfied with the performance. Soon I will make the instructions. Now follows some photos.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 TimH

TimH

    Posts: 720
    Joined: 05-April 12
    Member: 27781
    Country: USA (NC)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Very nice crawler raus :thumbup: good traction too!

#10 88high

88high

    Posts: 275
    Joined: 20-November 11
    Member: 22120
    Country: US

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postraus, on 03 May 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

Thank you! Within the possibilities I am satisfied with the performance. Soon I will make the instructions. Now follows some photos.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image


awesome, love the pics, Send me a email once the instructions are done:) I love the rims!

#11 nychase

nychase

    Posts: 249
    Joined: 13-February 11
    Member: 15981

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Removed Message

Edited by nychase, 03 May 2012 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image

#12 DLuders

DLuders

  • Technic Technician


    Posts: 5817
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7868
    Country: USA (WA State)

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

That comment should have been done by Eurobricks Private Message (PM).  There's no need to squabble here (where we are supposed to be "Uniting LEGO Fans Around the World")....

#13 raus

raus

    Posts: 51
    Joined: 18-November 10
    Member: 14275

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hi guys, more videos.
My link
My link



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users