[MOC] Technic Lightsaber

5 replies to this topic

#1 dr_spock

dr_spock

• Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes

Member: 8775

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Posted Image

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... there were Lego Technic Star Wars sets.  But now time and the market have changed.

I thought it would be fun to build a lightsaber with only Technic parts and try to bring back that lost art.

Update:

The original attempt was Obi-wan's weapon.  Upon further research I found that the particular Obi-wan model was from Episode IV. Obi-wan had a different saber in Episode 2 it seemed.  I took Oky's suggestion and built a Count Dooku's lightsaber.

Posted Image
Count Dooku Lightsaber by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Come to the Dark Side.   :devil:

#2 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Looks great! The blade could be a bit thicker, but the hilt looks great! Is it human sized?

#3 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Looks great :thumbup:. Is the yellow bit available in any other colour? It's a good looking piece but the colour looks odd.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 dr_spock

dr_spock

• Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes

Member: 8775

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

Thanks.  

Here is how it compares in size to my fencing sabre.  

Posted Image
Technic Lightsabre by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

#5 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Not bad. I like how you stuck to Technic parts and the fact that it's life sized. However, I can't help but feel that it mostly just looks like a stack of wheels and doesn't have much personality. Whose lightsaber is it supposed to be? If there was no source material, I suggest that you try to modify it to look like the lightsaber of one of the Jedi/Sith from AOTC. That way it will fit into the CB better and will have a distinct look. For example, you could add an angle to both ends of the hilt and add a Bionicle sword to the tip of it in order to have it represent Count Dooku's lightsaber. :wink:

#6 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postdr_spock, on 02 May 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Obi-wan had a different saber in Episode 2 it seemed.  I took Oky's suggestion and built a Count Dooku's lightsaber.

Posted Image
Count Dooku Lightsaber by dr_spock_888, on Flickr
Very nice update! :sweet: It looks fairly accurate. The only thing I would maybe change is the blade guard. It should start as close to the tip as possible. Also, do you have this piece? It would make a perfect representation of the blade guard, unless you don't consider it a Technic part. If you don't have it or don't want to use it, your solution works too.
Nice work.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users