MoC: Medieval City Under Siege

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bingo Little

Bingo Little

Member: 10827

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

This MoC took me far, far too long to build (almost a year of very on and off building), but I'm very proud of it so I may as well show it off.

At first, I was just going to create a small part of a city, but I was enjoying the two factions in Kingdoms so much that I couldn't settle on just one to hold the city.  I suppose there could have been some kind of alliance or something...

... but who wants to bother with that?  If I had a siege, I could have fire and combat and blood, and all sorts of interesting things!  Also, I decided to throw in a time machine, because I fancied building some steampunk.

There are pictures below, but here's a video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wide shots from both sides.

Posted Image

Invading army at the gates - note the beheading, falling head, and blood.

Posted Image

Fighting on the city walls - I considered having a siege tower here, but it proved too difficult and didn't leave enough room for the army on the ground.

Posted Image

Blacksmith's just inside the city wall

Posted Image

Duelling Wizards inside a magic shop - the frog on the floor was, once upon a time, another wizard.

Posted Image

Monks escape the burning church, taking a relic with them.  That stain glass window lights up with a powerforce light - you can see that in the video at the end of the post.

Posted Image

A busy inn, where they seemed not to have noticed the whole "fire and war" thing.

Posted Image

Wider shot of the back, including inn, townspeople rushing to defend the city, and stables.

Flickr Album, since a small selection of pictures can't really show it all.

It's demolished now, but comments and constructive criticism are always welcome!

#2 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Lots of action  :thumbup:  I like how you did the wall, and the interiors in the buildings look great! The landscaping inside the wall could use some 1x1 rounds and plates to break up the uniformity, similar to what you did outside the wall.
Keep on building  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#3 Kelmanator

Kelmanator

Member: 29737

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Very nice build, I particularly like the monks!  :dhappy:  There is lots of attention to detail, and how did you do the stained glass? Was it a sticker?  :dwacko:
Hail Avalonia!

#4 The Joker1

The Joker1

Member: 27681

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Nice work that year of building sure paid off. :thumbup: I love the amount of action you have out in.

Edited by The Joker1, 02 May 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#5 Bingo Little

Bingo Little

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 02 May 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Lots of action  :thumbup:  I like how you did the wall, and the interiors in the buildings look great! The landscaping inside the wall could use some 1x1 rounds and plates to break up the uniformity, similar to what you did outside the wall.
Keep on building  :classic:

It's actually an old part from the first Knights Kingdom line, with King Leo, Cedric the Bull, etc.  I've always quite liked it, and having the powerforce light made it so much easier to properly use in an MoC.

#6 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

I love the party in the back ;)

#7 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

Looks nice! My favorite part has to be wizard shooting a line of flame. Nice job!

#8 Bingo Little

Bingo Little

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostJackJonespaw, on 03 May 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Looks nice! My favorite part has to be wizard shooting a line of flame. Nice job!
Thanks!  I'd just learned how to properly combine fire pieces, so I got a bit carried away.

#9 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

How much action here!
I like the sorcerer's attack outside the walls, and all those scenes of terrified people!  :devil:
Great work!  :wub:
Posted Image   Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users