Classic-Town.net and Eurobricks invite you to create your own addition to the popular modular building subtheme that TLG has presented throughout the last five years.
Since 2007, LEGO has released a large modular-style building in the exclusives range every year. These have been extremely popular with both AFOLs and children alike, and it is now time for you to build your own addition to the modular street. There are three different categories to compete in.
Category 1: Mini Addition
For this category, you are to build an addition to the popular 10230 Mini Modulars. Entries must be 8x8.
Category 2: Parks and Rec
For this category, build something compatible with the other modular buildings that is not a building. Ideas include a park, garden, or public property. Entries must be either 16x32 or 32x32, and should include a sidewalk in accordance with the modular buildings, where applicable.
Category 3: Classic Modular
For this category, you can build a modular building. Entries must be 32x32, and should include a sidewalk in accordance with the modular buildings. Previous buildings include Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop and Town Hall.
- Entries must be posted by midnight UTC, July 31st, 2012.
- One entry per member, per category.
- Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and similar in style and size to the previous official TLG releases.
- All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
- Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
- Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "Modular Madness: " and then give the name of the entry. The subtitle should state the category.
- The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
- Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
- No photoshopping backgrounds or packaging.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
For reference, Modular Standards:
- 32 studs deep, a multiple of 16 wide (this contest is limited to 32 wide I think?)
- 1x2 technic brick with a hole 9 studs from the front and back, with 10 studs between them. Two on each side at the bottom. This allows technic pegs to join buildings together
- sidewalk 8 studs deep. Dark bley tiles with a 1 stud light bley tile kerb are standard in Lego modulars, but I think they could be considered optional, the measurements are what is important
- if you have a rear alley/garden, that should be approx 8 studs back too,no the building footprint is 16 studs deep overall.
- height varies, so have a look at other modulars to check how it would blend in
Category 1: Mini Addition:
10230 Mini Modulars
Category 2: Parks and Rec:
10230 Mini Modulars
Category 3: Classic Modular:
10224 Town Hall