MOCs: Selection of GWR Carriages

10 replies to this topic

#1 Bricktrix

Bricktrix

• Game model designer extraordinaire

Member: 9917

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

A few of the builds I've managed to finish today for The LEGO Show this week in Manchester.
These will form part of a heavy 8 carriage rake behind my Castle Class, all 7 studs wide as is most of my stock now.

GWR working Royal Mail TPO Carriage
Basically a re-make of this
Video of it working

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

GWR Toplight 3rd Brake Carriage

Posted Image
Posted Image

GWR Toplight Brake Carriage

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Its going to be a busy week with trying to get stuff finished and doing the show. Hope to see some of you there  :classic:

#2 roamingstudio

roamingstudio

• Blue train track Guinness World Record pusher extraordinaire

Member: 9215

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Having had the privilege of wearing GWR colours for my school uniform for too many years, I find myself strangely attracted by the colouring of these beautiful H0 models. Oh wait... they're Leg0. Once again Carl has confused his viewers.

Just one thing is for sure - it is now time to 7 or 8 wide everything else I have - these are just stunning. The build to allow tiles for the outside must be interesting to look at (inside) - is there still space for two rows of parallel seats?

#3 AussieJimbo

AussieJimbo

Member: 14681

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Fantastic wagons, Bricktrix.

So realistic and the parcel catcher feature is very cool.

Most excellent and awesome.

:classic: :classic:

#4 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Excellent work Bricktrix! Very detailed work, I really enjoyed watching the parcel pickup mechanism. That was very fast, but looks like it works perfectly. Very creative   Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#5 ust60

ust60

Member: 23244

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

have been really wonderful, I would also like behind my steam locomotive, my respect for your design

Best regards Udo

#6 Man with a hat

Man with a hat

Member: 15917

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

These carriages are awesome.
There are some great details you have there, especially at the undersides of the cariages.

#7 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Stunning work - they look deliciously exclusive. And that mechanism is just the icing on the cake. Well done!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#8 kzv

kzv

Member: 9159

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Fantastic job!!!

#9 Sir E Fullner

Sir E Fullner

• The Admiral's croissants smell delicious!

Member: 7307

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

This is the Welsh Mail crossing the border
Bringing the parts from the BrickLink order
LEGO for the rich, LEGO for the poor
The shop on the net and the bloke next door

Sorry, those coaches just remind me of the old Night Mail documentary from 1936. I think those coaches are splendid. Keep on brickin'!

My MOCPage Ett. FullnerMy Brickshelf

Eat yer spinach, kiddies! However, don't forget the fish.
Posted Image

#10 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Yes, it is quite hard to tell that these are LEGO from the photographs until you look close.Very well done. Would also like to see an internal shot of the seating arrangements for minifigs.

#11 Bricktrix

Bricktrix

• Game model designer extraordinaire

Member: 9917

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thank you all very much for your comments  :classic:
I think there will be a complete 8 car rake of the GWR Toplights within the next few months, as there are so many nice variants of them to form a nice looking train.

"roamingstudio" The "snot" tiles are really only on sections of the carriages that do not have seats in-between them, so they can be built in a variety of different ways / techniques.
However, I have not yet put seats inside the toplight carriages, but I have placed minifigs alternate to each other at every other window which gives the impression of parallel seating and that worked well enough, although I preffer to leave the carriages empty for running at shows due to weight.
I think parallel seats may be a problem with these though,.....not due to the tiles, but due to the way the 2x4 curved slopes that form the tumblehome shape of the sides are built. I tend to build these with a few plates inside them so the carriages dont"squeeze" inwards when you pick them up (I like them to be sturdy), but I'm sure built differently that parallel seating would be possible, especially if using the new brackets that are due out  :wink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users