Knapen

(MOC) Black Pearl

[pid][/pid] 129C

Hello,

My name is Stephan, come from the Netherlands and I am the typical ‘coming out of the dark age’ AFOL. When I was young I always played a lot with these wonderful bricks. A while ago at the age of 25 I just saw that big box with lego again and just wanted to build something. And I began to look at all these nice sets that came out the last 10 years. When I saw the Black Pearl I had to buy it. Once I build it I found the ship a little tiny in comparison to the grand ship in the movies. So I decided to go to Bricklink, made some orders and began to build my own version of it. Hope you guys like it. :pir-sweet:

zy6cdy.jpg

e6f91t.jpg

1r8avt.jpg

j5hztj.jpg

Fantastic! It's instantly recognisable, FAR better than the TLC one! I love the deck! This is a great introduction MOC, welcome to Eurobricks.

:jollyroger:

Fantastic! It's instantly recognisable, FAR better than the TLC one! I love the deck! This is a great introduction MOC, welcome to Eurobricks.

:jollyroger:

I agree, this is an excellent way to join this website. Welcome! :pir-sweet:

Another mod of the Black pearl... how many are there? :pir_laugh2:

very cool, much better then the official one. Welcome to EBs!

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Obviously much better than the official set, but what dedicated MOC isn't? :pir_laugh2: Maybe you can buy another topsail of bricklink since your foremast is lacking one. The same applys for the foremast rigging.

As for serious improvements: some modularity would be nice, maybe a removable topdeck like the Imperial Flagship? I also think the gundeck places the cannons a bit too low.

The stern is looking very good. As others have mentioned already: What a great way to introduce yourself! :pir-sweet: